Hot Take: Bill Maher may be the only person who can save the left from itself

Maher is an out of work actor/no talent dweeb. I don't know how he still has a show
#1, he's not an actor, he's a stand-up comic who has never been out of work, except for the pandemic. And now he's back doing as many stand-up nights as he wants.

#2, he still has a show because he gets good ratings on that show, which is why HBO pays him $20M per year.
He was on Murder She Wrote. Was that an accident?
He was on Married With Children. Was that an accident?
He was on Roseanne. Was that an accident?

He's an actor who couldn't get a role any more.

As for the show; you're right. I also don't know why the Kardashians are on the air...who watches it?

His standing to make commentaries that should be heeded by anyone is the same as Kim and Chloe.
Yet he is correct, this time.
Time will tell on that.

The Democrats big problem is the same as the Republicans and is rooted in one thing....citizen apathy.
Its a self fulfilling prophecy.

The parties have to rely on the extreme issue-oriented wingers because they are the ones who are interested. The politicians have to get more and more hostile to those not on the wings which, in turn, alienates people like myself closer to the middle. And the cycle starts all over again.

They--D's and R's--only have themselves to blame but "we the people" also are culpable. Small elections that actually affect you and your standard of living have very low participation. Usually not 7 out of 10 vote in presidential elections. Its closer to about 50%.

As far as the Democrats are concerned....they're probably in worse shape than the Republicans.

^^^ To me, the good moments should be appreciative because they are better than not having any. At the end of the day, who isn't going to have a good or bad moment at some point in one way or another? No two people are going to agree on everything any way.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
One should always consider the source.
And Bill Maher is a TV personality. On a comedy network.
He is to not be taken seriously. Sure no matter who a person is they can say accurate things, but you never really know with this guy because the reason he says things are either to pander to his audience, or say something for effect to gain attention.
I have seen countless videos of this guy, and he is simply all over the map. He calls himself a "libertarian" but supports universal healthcare and most other social programs. Which is the exact opposite of any libertarian in the world.
He is a progressive liberal. But doesn't want to say so, because that makes him like all of the other TV talking heads. And he thinks he is different than them.
He is not.

Relax Sally, I know what the republicans do and they are not my political party. I am a conservative not a republican. It’s just that your party is so insane I have no choice. You on the other hand, believe government can solve all problems if we only give your side more and more money to spend. You’re a fool.

neocons on the left.
That's a new one. Who are these mysterious neoconservatives on the left?
LMFAO. You can’t be serious, but somehow I think you are. You needn’t look any further than the White House.
Throw away argument. You haven't identified anyone. C'mon, man.
If you don’t know old senile Joe is a fucking neocon, as is most of the D Party, you don’t know fucking shit.
Sure, buddy. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back