Hope Michael Steele Isn't Looking For A Place With The GOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Devil 92

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2015
I would love to explain to Michael, in no uncertain terms, that he won't be welcomed back.

The party belongs to those who voted for Trump...not those who voted against him.

Steele was a terrible chairman and he's been a real disappointment when it comes to his turncoat bullshit.

I would love to explain to Michael, in no uncertain terms, that he won't be welcomed back.

The party belongs to those who voted for Trump...not those who voted against him.

Steele was a terrible chairman and he's been a real disappointment when it comes to his turncoat bullshit.

You missed the point. Steele has a place in the GOP. It's you Rumpers that don't have a place in the GOP.

• Banned

You missed the point. Steele has a place in the GOP. It's you Rumpers that don't have a place in the GOP.

Didn't miss anything.

Steele will be on the outside looking in...and he's never getting back in.

And neither will you, you fucking piece of shit turncoat.

Actually, here's a reality check for you buddy.

Richard Nixon won 49 states and 60% of the vote in 1972.

By 1976, no one was willing to admit they voted for him.

By 1980, Republicans were running on the "I was the guy who stood up to Nixon" platform.

And Nixon actually WON the popular vote twice.

Trump has lost it twice.

A lot of people are turncoats, not just Steele. Even some that worship him now , they didn't want him.

By 1980, Republicans were running on the "I was the guy who stood up to Nixon" platform.

Trump has lost it twice.
Wow you’re old. I was Born in 1980.

Wow you’re old. I was Born in 1980.

Yes, your lack of maturity shows.

But you miss my point.

When Trump is gone, a lot of people in the GOP will be trying to burnish their "I was the one who stood up to Trump" cred.
Of course. They are politicians. Harris blasted Biden on the debate stage only to later say she was just kidding as it was a debate.

Of course. They are politicians. Harris blasted Biden on the debate stage only to later say she was just kidding as it was a debate.

Not quite the same thing, really. Now, if you were around in 1980, George H. Bush called Reagan's tax cuts "Voodoo Economics"... but got 100% behind them when he became Veep. By 1988, he was screaming "Read my lips, no new taxes!"

We aren't talking about issues and minor policy differences, we are talking about who a party lionizes.

Republicans have this problem... The only person they have put in the White House in the last sixty years they still want to praise is Reagan. They don't like Nixon, Ford, either Bush and I doubt anyone will be running as a Trump Republican in 2024.

The problem is, the GOP REALLY DID stand up to Nixon in 1974. Republicans will enable Trump until his family talks him down..

The question is, how long it will take the regular Republicans to wrestle their party back from the Trumpsters, who aren't conservatives.

They stole the party for its infrastructure to get Trump in. NOW what?

Now they make gains in 2022, and then try to get collective amnesia about Trump.

The only question is, does Trump or one of his family members run in 2024? Nothing really prevents Trump from trying to pull a Grover Cleveland and have non-consecutive terms.

Every time the republicans lost the White House they somehow thought it was because they were not conservative enough. They reacted by becoming more partisan, reactionary and racist, none of which are supposed to be conservative qualities. Apparently there are a few who didn't like where this was going. These "never Trumpers" like Steele didn't leave the party, the party left them. I have no sympathy though. They just want their politicians to have more dignity as they perpetuate the plutocracy and beat down the working class.

A lot of people are turncoats, not just Steele. Even some that worship him now , they didn't want him.

Still yammering ?

The question is, how long it will take the regular Republicans to wrestle their party back from the Trumpsters, who aren't conservatives.

Nobody stole anything you stupid motherfucker.

Trump ran through the primary and republicans gave it to him.

Given yours and Rachael Maddow's butthurt due to the fact that the country didn't summarily throw him out of office in a landslide (especially given the way you and all the other chickenshits reacted to corona which is what really cost him)....I'd say you're going to be on the outside for quite a while.

Hope the GOP isn’t planning on keeping Trumps gains in the Black,Hispanic and Gay community.

Every time the republicans lost the White House they somehow thought it was because they were not conservative enough. They reacted by becoming more partisan, reactionary and racist, none of which are supposed to be conservative qualities. Apparently there are a few who didn't like where this was going. These "never Trumpers" like Steele didn't leave the party, the party left them. I have no sympathy though. They just want their politicians to have more dignity as they perpetuate the plutocracy and beat down the working class.

1604665449118.png

Trump was the best thing that ever happened to the spineless assholes in the Republican Party.

I would worry more about your precious democrats beating back the Marxist loons.

Trump has lost it twice.

Presidential politics isn't the only thing I care about.

Maybe you should get out a little more.

Nixon won in 1972 because of his opponent, someone who isn't much different from Joe Biden in being a wet mop.

Getting us out of Vietnam sealed the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back