Honest responses only please. At the conclusion of my current life crossroads, I am considering moving to the U.S...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I have asked this before in a generic way, now I ask more directly. I intend to explore the completion of an advanced degree which I didn't complete 20 years ago, and, considering a return to tech sales or management. So much is still in the air but I have to live at some point and the life changes I face may be immense. Suggestions?

I have asked this before in a generic way, now I ask more directly. I intend to explore the completion of an advanced degree which I didn't complete 20 years ago, and, considering a return to tech sales or management. So much is still in the air but I have to live at some point and the life changes I face may be immense. Suggestions?

Move to Texas. I'll sponsor you.

Why not. The only downside to it I know of is public bathrooms are not as clean. Do not drop a duce in a public restroom down here.

idiot.jpeg
On the pro side it is almost assured that the gooberment will either pay for your degree or forgive any debt you have.On the con side is that everyone from age 16 up will have the exact same degree and very little common sense, so jobs will be awarded on a participation basis.

Last edited:
View attachment 770125On the pro side it is almost assured that the gooberment will either pay for your degree or forgive any debt you have.On the con side is that everyone from age 16 up will have the exact same degree and very little common sense, so jobs will be awarded on a participation basis.
Ahhh yes, just like corporate executives in a corporation.

Honestly any state in the U.S is better than Canada. Our decline is assured and it will be sharp. Our abuse of civil liberties has guaranteed this as I've said for a very long time.

Last edited:

What is your age? Tech sales is a young person's game. The older you are the harder it will be to find a job in it.

So you're coming to the US to study for an MBA or something similar?

What is your age? Tech sales is a young person's game. The older you are the harder it will be to find a job in it.
Selling is about being honest and connecting with people. I prefer B2B, I have integrity and understand how to identify customers business objectives. As the guy at the store zaid when he found out my age "you look 33-35" when I am almost 50. Decades of hitting the gym, if not for my headache/aneurysm symptoms I would be in prestine shape.

Selling is about being honest and connecting with people. I prefer B2B, I have integrity and understand how to identify customers business objectives. As the guy at the store zaid when he found out my age "you look 33-35" when I am almost 50. Decades of hitting the gym, if not for my headache/aneurysm symptoms I would be in prestine shape.
A new start might be a good idea, I remember you've had family issues. You could always move back if you hated it. Sounds like you don't hate our rightward thinking, so far. If you do come, you'll be welcome!

I have 1/3rd finished already. A school in China which I looked at last year would allow me to finish it in a year. Only problem, the course is in Mandarin AND writing too :(
I'm a retired engineer and knew several people who did very well in tech sales. But it's a lot of hours and a lot of hustling. Relocating to the US from Canada is a no-brainer. :113:

I'm a retired engineer and knew several people who did very well in tech sales. But it's a lot of hours and a lot of hustling. Relocating to the US from Canada is a no-brainer. :113:
I wouldn't say it is a no brainer per se. It would have been in my 20s but I was too naive to not accept the offer. I have to be confident that I would have human rights respected, this will require some reaching out tbh. I don't think Americans appreciate how different our systems are. At least I HOPE they are quite different...Canada is full of con artists agencies...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back