Honest Question For Republicans -- Why Don't You Want Minorities To Vote??

Straw meet Man, try not to get into an argument.

:popcorn:
Show me which party besides the Republican party that is currently engaging in voter suppression...show me which party besides the republican party that has recently been taken to court and lost due to voter suppression?

Before moving forward let’s define your twisted notion of “voter suppression”?
Is requiring identification “suppression”?
You may want to pretend you didn’t see this post.

Current GOP voter suppression

In Georgia: Requiring exact computer matches on presented documentation. If you have an ID with Lake Rd instead of Lake Road the computer kicks it back

In North Dakota: Requiring street addresses on all IDs instead of PO Boxes. Many Native Americans on reservations live on dirt roads with no names and have IDs with a P.O. Box and are being denied thecright to vote

Show me which party besides the Republican party that is currently engaging in voter suppression...show me which party besides the republican party that has recently been taken to court and lost due to voter suppression?

In Georgia: Requiring exact computer matches on presented documentation. If you have an ID with Lake Rd instead of Lake Road the computer kicks it back

In North Dakota: Requiring street addresses on all IDs instead of PO Boxes. Many Native Americans on reservations live on dirt roads with no names and have IDs with a P.O. Box and are being denied thecright to vote
Democrats don't like when Republicans vote.

Democrats don't like when Republicans vote.

Democrats don't like elections period. They long for the day when an elite liberal ruling class controls the country and does not have to answer to the people.

First, I can understand why a computer would kick out Rd when it should be Road.

Second, the PO Box denial needs looking into.

Third, can you please provide a link to show your source.

This was a "When did you stop beating your wife?" question if there ever was one. Even if there are some idiots who don't want minorities who are legal citizens to vote, for you to then smear an entire group of people because of a few idiots just shows your hatred and lack of integrity.

I'm not even a Republican, but as numerous others said, they simply want people to be legal citizens, not dead or other shenanigans like multiple votes. And what is wrong with that? Nothing, and only someone who is lawless and dishonest would think otherwise.

So why is the republican party the ONLY party actively trying to suppress the minority vote? You seem to just dodge that part of the OP

2018-10-16 12.31.07.jpg

However, I am told that conservatives are no longer racists -- and the party that considers themselves the party of conservatives (the republican party) -- are against racial discrimination

Hey, dickhead, might I remind you of something?

It was REPUBLICANS that freed the slaves. Your party has never been "anti-racist", you just figured out an ingenious way to keep them on your plantation (a welfare state) without physically keeping them in chains.

Fuck you. Asshat.

Now if the belief among those conservatives from days gone by is that it is against their interests for minorities to be able to vote -- then all of these voter suppression games make sense.

However, I am told that conservatives are no longer racists -- and the party that considers themselves the party of conservatives (the republican party) -- are against racial discrimination -- if this is true, why do conservatives collectively try to disenfranchise minority voters??? No, it is not for the purpose of "voter integrity" -- that is a joke.

To claim that suppressing minority voters is done for the sake of voter integrity is claiming that minorities are the cause of rampant voter fraud -- which is easily proven false. For example, in the 2016 election -- despite all of the propaganda from republicans about wide spread voter fraud -- there were only 4 cases of voter fraud. The first case is that of Terri Lynn Rot --- she attempted to commit voter fraud -- and yes, she voted republican -- in fact, what she got caught for was voting for Trump twice -- because she bought into the "the elections are rigged" BS coming from Trump.
terri-lynn-rote.jpg

How about another case of voter fraud from the last elections -- the elections that supposedly had millions of illegal votes -- We have Phillip Cook -- he was also arrested for voting twice in which he claimed to be working for the Trump campaign, he wasn't.
Man_arrested_for_voting_twice_0_2258757_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Again, he doesn't seem to fit the conservative stereotype of the sneaky minority, invading our country and illegally voting. So I will ask again, what is it about minorities registering to vote in high numbers LEGALLY -- and voting in elections in high numbers -- LEGALLY that makes you panic and resort to trying to make it harder for them to vote??

If your answer is something along the lines of minorities tend to vote for the Democrats more because they are slaves on a plantation or something stupid like that -- where does that give anyone the right to try to suppress their vote? And did you ever stop to think that if ONLY one party is trying to suppress minority voters -- a great number of those minorities may support the party that doesn't try to suppress their vote??

Did the OP ever prove the GOP didn't want minorities to vote ?

Now if the belief among those conservatives from days gone by is that it is against their interests for minorities to be able to vote -- then all of these voter suppression games make sense.

However, I am told that conservatives are no longer racists -- and the party that considers themselves the party of conservatives (the republican party) -- are against racial discrimination -- if this is true, why do conservatives collectively try to disenfranchise minority voters??? No, it is not for the purpose of "voter integrity" -- that is a joke.

To claim that suppressing minority voters is done for the sake of voter integrity is claiming that minorities are the cause of rampant voter fraud -- which is easily proven false. For example, in the 2016 election -- despite all of the propaganda from republicans about wide spread voter fraud -- there were only 4 cases of voter fraud. The first case is that of Terri Lynn Rot --- she attempted to commit voter fraud -- and yes, she voted republican -- in fact, what she got caught for was voting for Trump twice -- because she bought into the "the elections are rigged" BS coming from Trump.
terri-lynn-rote.jpg

How about another case of voter fraud from the last elections -- the elections that supposedly had millions of illegal votes -- We have Phillip Cook -- he was also arrested for voting twice in which he claimed to be working for the Trump campaign, he wasn't.

Again, he doesn't seem to fit the conservative stereotype of the sneaky minority, invading our country and illegally voting. So I will ask again, what is it about minorities registering to vote in high numbers LEGALLY -- and voting in elections in high numbers -- LEGALLY that makes you panic and resort to trying to make it harder for them to vote??

If your answer is something along the lines of minorities tend to vote for the Democrats more because they are slaves on a plantation or something stupid like that -- where does that give anyone the right to try to suppress their vote? And did you ever stop to think that if ONLY one party is trying to suppress minority voters -- a great number of those minorities may support the party that doesn't try to suppress their vote??

You posted my two favorite pictures--LOL But in answer to your question, Republicans don't want minorities voting, because they historically don't vote for THEM.

The truth is, if Democrats & Independents--(of every color) voted like Republicans do, they would win every election.

I was just reading an article--Ted Cruz & Beto O'rourke. There are 11.1 million legal Hispanic voters in Texas and less than 5 million are registered to vote. That's crazy.

Hispanic voter turnout in the midterm primary was up 164% over the last midterm election in 2014. There are, nonetheless, fewer than 5 million of the state's 11 million Latinos registered to vote.
The real lesson of Beto O'Rourke's run (opinion) - CNN

Latino's could own the whole damn state of Texas if they would just register to vote & VOTE.

Same with blacks, there are states like Georgia, Mississippi and several other southern states where they would be the powerhouse, if they would just register to vote and VOTE.

The next large block that typically don't vote are millennials. I don't know, but when I turned 18 and could VOTE, I never missed a chance to vote. What are their video's games more important, than taking a hour out to vote every couple of years?

Are they just content letting other people make decisions for them? Because that is exactly what they're doing when they don't VOTE.

Last edited:

terri-lynn-rote.jpg

I want everyone to vote who is of age and a legal citizen , dont care what their race is.

terri-lynn-rote.jpg

According to Godboy it's because they don't want to lose control of Congress nor eventually the White House.

Republicans don't want minorities voting, because they historically don't vote for THEM

Bull. Shit.

Truth be told I was a big supporter of Herman Cain and would have gladly voted for him, but your illustrious & vitriolic ilk drummed him out with trumped up sexual harassment allegations. Gee... where have I seen that before?

Your assumption is an opinion not even close to a fact. It is a slander and libel. You have no inkling of what all Republicans or all of any group want. You have demonstrated your overweening ignorance with your preposterous question. Those who agree with you are putting a face on their presumptuous arrogance.

Anyone who is entitled to vote should be able to vote.

I doubt anyone disagrees with that except for idiots who see racists under every bush and behind every tree.
Republicans seek to make that process as uncomfortable as possible
Cut down on polling places and voting machines in minority neighborhoods. Challenge the registrations of minority voters for trivial reasons, cut down or forbid early voting, encourage long lines in minority neighborhoods
Thats funny because, ive never once thought about any of those things ever in my life. Those are YOUR thoughts, not ours.

terri-lynn-rote.jpg

Did the OP ever prove the GOP didn't want minorities to vote ?

Of course not. They don't have to when their goal is to just make a statement and hope people believe them.

Anyone who is entitled to vote should be able to vote.

I doubt anyone disagrees with that except for idiots who see racists under every bush and behind every tree.
Republicans seek to make that process as uncomfortable as possible
Cut down on polling places and voting machines in minority neighborhoods. Challenge the registrations of minority voters for trivial reasons, cut down or forbid early voting, encourage long lines in minority neighborhoods
Thats funny because, ive never once thought about any of those things ever in my life. Those are YOUR thoughts, not ours.
Those are not thoughts, they are actions of the Republican Party

Forum List

Back