Home Page

Kat

Retired Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2008
I am looking for a new one. I used igoogle for years, but a few years ago they dumped it. I went to Yahoo....and HATE it. They track me. Don't let anyone tell you different. I have ad blocker and still an ad will pop up, and from what the ad is I can tell they are tracking me.
Gosh I hate Yahoo.

I am looking at a few others.....
I like to be able to have News, Sports, Weather etc on my Home Page.. (plus like to customize it including themes)

What do you use?

Yes, it is.

I don't like my browsers putting up random content until I ask for it. I used to keep a local file, Blank.html, which contained a bare HTML representation of a blank page, and set that as my home page, until I discovered that it is standard for browsers to support about:blank to produce the same result. So, that's what I set as the home page on every browser I use, on every computer that I have—about:blank

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Okay. Thank you. I will check that. But I may want a little more that I can tweak some.

I agree with Bob. I don't need no stinkin' home page! I use my favorites bar all the time, it's 90% of my internet usage. All the sites I go to are there. Now, with my chrome browser, it opens up with a google search page, which is fine... just as good as about:blank for me.

• Thanks
I gotcha, but I still like to set up my own home page as I want it. I am Woman....I like pretty, but functional.

I have not tried it but doing a quick look up Kadaza might work for you?

I am looking for a new one. I used igoogle for years, but a few years ago they dumped it. I went to Yahoo....and HATE it. They track me. Don't let anyone tell you different. I have ad blocker and still an ad will pop up, and from what the ad is I can tell they are tracking me.
Gosh I hate Yahoo.

I like to be able to have News, Sports, Weather etc on my Home Page.. (plus like to customize it including themes)

What do you use?
I dumped Yahoo years ago because of their advertising policy, "pay up or get spammed"........... Classic old style extortion game.........
As for a homepage, I use the simple Google search, that's it so I can't help you.

I have not tried it but doing a quick look up Kadaza might work for you?

I have been looking and playing with that one. It's not bad...at all.

Gosh I hate Yahoo.

What do you use?
Everyone tracks you. Even the ads on this site are customized.

In reality, most of those companies do not bother actually tracking - its more like local storage and use of cookies that allows third party software to automatically deliver targeted ads. Actual tracking requires resources, this uses your computer rather than theirs.

Don't know about a home page though - I find them useless myself. If I wanted the weather, I would look up the weather.

• Thanks
Don't know about a home page though - I find them useless myself. If I wanted the weather, I would look up the weather.

You don't even have to go that far. Windows 10, it's a matter of looking at the start menu and "Life at a Glance" pane.

I have Windows10, but I like a Home Page. I am trying out the igoogle Portal, and thus far I am liking it. Needs tweeting. Haven't had time. There are just certain things I like to instantly see when I open a browser. Some do and some don't.

You don't even have to go that far. Windows 10, it's a matter of looking at the start menu and "Life at a Glance" pane.
First thing I do is wipe most of that crap off my desktop and menus.

I wipe the crap off too....and then put in what I like. :)

Forum List

Back