Hockey: Adam Johnson killed by Matt Petgrave

JohnDB

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2021
During a professional hockey game Adam Johnson was killed by Matt Petgrave's skate. Skates in hockey can either be flat bottomed with 90⁰< corners or razor sharp depending upon the preference. Matt's obviously were razor sharp.

Matt kicked high and cut Adam's throat....causing him to bleed to death.

Here's a video for you to determine murder, manslaughter, or accident.

Only those who have played a lot of Hockey (as a defenseman?) should be the judge. I am not qualified.

If force to make a call, it looks intentional to harass the 2nd player under the guise of bumping into the 1st player threw him off balance causing him to flail about.

Only those who have played a lot of Hockey (as a defenseman?) should be the judge. I am not qualified.

If force to make a call, it looks intentional to harass the 2nd player under the guise of bumping into the 1st player threw him off balance causing him to flail about.
Yeah....to those who aren't hockey fans....it would look like that.

But I've never seen and player flail about like that unless he was really airborne.

Which is why there is now a police investigation.

Hockey usually has some fighting...Nashville Predators are one of the worst teams for fighting lately....but this ain't them.

I've been watching/playing/coaching hockey all my life, I don't recall seeing a defender get his leg/skate up that high. This leads me to conclude the defender was taking on the one offensive player and also the puck carrier. There was intent, but likely not rising to intent to murder.

During a professional hockey game Adam Johnson was killed by Matt Petgrave's skate. Skates in hockey can either be flat bottomed with 90⁰< corners or razor sharp depending upon the preference. Matt's obviously were razor sharp.

No bill.

Sad but I wouldn't charge him. Looks like he was about to eat shit after a bump and it was just bad place at a bad time.

I've been watching/playing/coaching hockey all my life, I don't recall seeing a defender get his leg/skate up that high. This leads me to conclude the defender was taking on the one offensive player and also the puck carrier. There was intent, but likely not rising to intent to murder.
Yeah....
Even if he just intended to threaten its manslaughter. Because of the brandishing of a skate that resulted in an accident causing a death...that's manslaughter.

I get it....hockey is a rough sport. There's a reason girls don't play. (They might but I've never seen them do it) Fighting and hockey are like skates and ice...it's just two things that go together.

Is it a "one in a million" happenstance?
Maybe....maybe not.
Either way I'd toss Matt permanently out of professional hockey. The backlash and etc are not going to do anyone any good.

Obviously they can't play if the whole team is in the penalty box.

First time I've ever seen women's hockey. And now I see why.
Actually, watching the women's Team Canada and Team USA play in Olympic medal rounds is some of the finest, most passionate competition to be seen. The teams hate one another and play like warriors. And they will kick each others ass given the chance.

Don't even get me started on sled hockey...

Forum List

Back