History will record Sean Spicer as an incompetent joke.

I don't think so. SNL might present him that way, but I doubt history will. I'd be surprised if history even mentions him, for his role in the WH was that of a factotum. He's not so much even as a footnote in history. History and current events are very different things. Merely being well known in the latter context does not at all ensure one mention in the former. To wit, does anyone who's not a presidential historian of sorts, without looking it up, know who was the first WH press secretary? I sure don't. The best I can do is infer -- based on inferences drawn from my recollections of the accessibility people and the press had to the president and that 19th century and earlier POTUSes themselves usually spoke personally about the actions and intents of their Administrations -- that the first one likely didn't exist until sometime in the 20th century.

I think the job Spicer had as press secretary calls for a faster and deeper thinking and more adroit rhetorician than Spicer is. I think Spicer would have been fine as the press secretary for a cabinet secretary or agency/bureau director where the scope of considerations and implications of one's remarks is far narrower than it is for the POTUS.

Not being "up to snuff" in a WH role is hardly a mark of incompetence; it doesn't get more demanding and the bar is set no higher than that. Not succeeding there indicates only that one has risen above one's own facility, not that one is indeed incompetent. That's not to say one cannot be in the WH and also indeed be incompetent, but rather that disappointing performance there isn't a sure sign of one's being incompetent in any absolute sense. At best and more likely, one may appear incompetent relative to one's WH coworkers and predecessors.
Social media will keep Sean alive with Melissa McCarthy's portrayal and the video that is already out showing his most blatant lies and awkward moments at the podium.
He is a joke for better or worse.
No one cares. Are you just too old to get it or really that stupid? He's a minnow in a shark tank.

Sean Spicer's fate is sealed. His 15 minutes of fame show him as an incompetent joke.

Despite a horrible reputation he will make millions as an author, speaker and working for conservative institutions

What does that say about our society. A hard working person in the Midwest cannot get a job but a dirty rotten lying SOB can make millions?

History should show the press turning into attack dogs for the progressives that got their asses handed to them in the election.
The press like guns are protected by the Constitution. Guns are worse than attack dogs.
The President should not take away the press just like he should not take away guns.
It is unconstitutional to undermine the press.
Two things.

It is NOT unconstitutional to undermine the press, and;

The press undermined itself with its lies and advocacy for the Democrats.
It is unconstitutional for any branch of the US government to undermine the press.
Freedom of the press is a constitutional right as a check on the government.

Is it constitutional for a branch of the government to undermine gun ownership?

Sean Spicer's fate is sealed. His 15 minutes of fame show him as an incompetent joke.

Despite a horrible reputation he will make millions as an author, speaker and working for conservative institutions

What does that say about our society. A hard working person in the Midwest cannot get a job but a dirty rotten lying SOB can make millions?
I'm sorry, but before he was announced as press sec....I don't know who he was.
So why should I care how you feel about him now that's he's history?

History doesn't give a damn about the little players lol.

Delusional nut
I am guessing the history books you read have a lot of pictures and not much verbiage; for 3rd grade and below.
The history books for those who really want to know what happened during the Trump administration will include Spicer.
And no one but the analy retentive will care
You call them anally retentive, I call them educated.
You =/= educated.

Being able to recite things from books is nice. Understanding real world applications & priorities is education. Spicer was an administration puppet just like every other press secretary in history. The fact that YOU elevate him to some important historical status means NOTHING

I don't think so. SNL might present him that way, but I doubt history will. I'd be surprised if history even mentions him, for his role in the WH was that of a factotum. He's not so much even as a footnote in history. History and current events are very different things. Merely being well known in the latter context does not at all ensure one mention in the former. To wit, does anyone who's not a presidential historian of sorts, without looking it up, know who was the first WH press secretary? I sure don't. The best I can do is infer -- based on inferences drawn from my recollections of the accessibility people and the press had to the president and that 19th century and earlier POTUSes themselves usually spoke personally about the actions and intents of their Administrations -- that the first one likely didn't exist until sometime in the 20th century.

I think the job Spicer had as press secretary calls for a faster and deeper thinking and more adroit rhetorician than Spicer is. I think Spicer would have been fine as the press secretary for a cabinet secretary or agency/bureau director where the scope of considerations and implications of one's remarks is far narrower than it is for the POTUS.

Not being "up to snuff" in a WH role is hardly a mark of incompetence; it doesn't get more demanding and the bar is set no higher than that. Not succeeding there indicates only that one has risen above one's own facility, not that one is indeed incompetent. That's not to say one cannot be in the WH and also indeed be incompetent, but rather that disappointing performance there isn't a sure sign of one's being incompetent in any absolute sense. At best and more likely, one may appear incompetent relative to one's WH coworkers and predecessors.
Social media will keep Sean alive with Melissa McCarthy's portrayal and the video that is already out showing his most blatant lies and awkward moments at the podium.
No one cares. Are you just too old to get it or really that stupid? He's a minnow in a shark tank.
Some people only look at the sharks, some people look at the sharks and the minnows.

in 5 yeaers, the only person that will remember Sean is Mellissa, because of her SNL take on him

in 5 yeaers, the only person that will remember Sean is Mellissa, because of her SNL take on him
Pretty much.

How many here can name the last ten White House Press Secretaries without googling it? If were being honest I suspect the answer is none of us which should tell you how little they matter in the grand scheme of history.

Is that like history recording Crooked Hillary as a failure and Barack Obama as a disaster?
The alt-right will be mentioned in history books with the KKK and the Nazis.
Your relatives must be very proud of you.

Just imagine you having to explain to your grandkids that you supported that affirmative action idiot Obama who increased poverty, decreased family income, had dismal economic growth and straddled them with enormous debt. Then having to explain why you supported that incompetent dishonest asshole Crooked Hillary. They will know that you are a moron when they find that pink pussy hat in the trunk in the attic.

Of course being a Moon Bat there is a significant chance that you are a homosexual and may not have any grandkids, right?

You are probably right, but let's give him his due now.

I think Spicer represented the Trump admin perfectly. Employees are only as good as their leadership.

I'm really going to miss the entertainment.

You are probably right, but let's give him his due now.

Who's Sean Spicer?

Is that like history recording Crooked Hillary as a failure and Barack Obama as a disaster?

Just imagine you having to explain to your grandkids that you supported that affirmative action idiot Obama who increased poverty, decreased family income, had dismal economic growth and straddled them with enormous debt. Then having to explain why you supported that incompetent dishonest asshole Crooked Hillary. They will know that you are a moron when they find that pink pussy hat in the trunk in the attic.

Of course being a Moon Bat there is a significant chance that you are a homosexual and may not have any grandkids, right?
Why do so many on both sides of the political spectrum find the alt right despicable?

Why do so many on both sides of the political spectrum find the alt right despicable?

Why was that asshole Obama despised by so many Heartland Americans and Crooked Hillary rejected for the second time to be President?

How come the filthy Democrats have lost over a 1,000 nation wide offices in addition to the Congress and White House?

Spicer was brutally honest with the White House Press Corps, and they didn’t like it a bit. He pointed out where they had been wrong and dishonest, gave examples, and didn’t take any of their guff in return, but kept pointing out what they were doing.

The truth is the last thing any liberals want. So now we have the usual leftist fanatics screaming in rage, calling him names, etc.

Sean, if you’re pissing off the liberals that badly, you must be doing something right. Job well done!

Why was that asshole Obama despised by so many Heartland Americans and Crooked Hillary rejected for the second time to be President?

How come the filthy Democrats have lost over a 1,000 nation wide offices in addition to the Congress and White House?
The alt-right is a piece of dog shit on the foot of the conservatives. So please do not take credit for the conservative gains. They did it despite the alt-right.
One of the best things about the Democrats is they do not have the Alt-right dog shit on their shoe.

Spicer was brutally honest with the White House Press Corps, and they didn’t like it a bit. He pointed out where they had been wrong and dishonest, gave examples, and didn’t take any of their guff in return, but kept pointing out what they were doing.

The truth is the last thing any liberals want. So now we have the usual leftist fanatics screaming in rage, calling him names, etc.

Sean, if you’re pissing off the liberals that badly, you must be doing something right. Job well done!
He pissed off Trump. That is why he is gone. Your definition of truth is interesting. He started his reign by dressing down the press for reporting more people attended Obama's inauguration than Trump's. How when he said the Nazi's did not use chemical weapons. He is quite a truth teller.

Forum List

Back