History will record Sean Spicer as an incompetent joke.

You don't remember Jay Carney, (who certainly had an appropriate name to be Obamas press secretary), Josh Earnest, or Robert Gibb, but you'll 'always' remember Spicer?

200.gif
Yes, the group you mentioned all blend together. Spicer stands out for his pathetic lies and bombastic style.
He inspired a SNL award winning comedic character. None of the others could do that.
He inspired a SNL award winning comedic character.

What 'award' did the character win?

So Trump this week infuriates his own AG, deputy AG, chief of staff, press secy, top strategist, Hill leaders. Anyone else for this list? this is fun!

Is that like history recording Crooked Hillary as a failure and Barack Obama as a disaster?

Sean Spicer's fate is sealed. His 15 minutes of fame show him as an incompetent joke.

Despite a horrible reputation he will make millions as an author, speaker and working for conservative institutions

What does that say about our society. A hard working person in the Midwest cannot get a job but a dirty rotten lying SOB can make millions?
History doesn't give a damn about the little players lol.

Delusional nut

Sean Spicer's fate is sealed. His 15 minutes of fame show him as an incompetent joke.

Despite a horrible reputation he will make millions as an author, speaker and working for conservative institutions

What does that say about our society. A hard working person in the Midwest cannot get a job but a dirty rotten lying SOB can make millions?

Spicer was the Baghdad Bob of this incompetent administration. So, as "press secretary" the idiot bans cameras in the press room because.......well,you know the why........Obviously, given our fucked up society, YES he will be rich because right wing morons would rather pay to hear his bullshit than admit they were bullshitted upon.

Is that like history recording Crooked Hillary as a failure and Barack Obama as a disaster?
The alt-right will be mentioned in history books with the KKK and the Nazis.
Your relatives must be very proud of you.

Delusional nut
I am guessing the history books you read have a lot of pictures and not much verbiage; for 3rd grade and below.
The history books for those who really want to know what happened during the Trump administration will include Spicer.

Delusional nut
I am guessing the history books you read have a lot of pictures and not much verbiage; for 3rd grade and below.
The history books for those who really want to know what happened during the Trump administration will include Spicer.
And no one but the analy retentive will care

Your relatives must be very proud of you.
The alt-right will have a footnote in history about the same size as Occupy Wall Street.

I don't think so. SNL might present him that way, but I doubt history will. I'd be surprised if history even mentions him, for his role in the WH was that of a factotum. He's not so much even as a footnote in history. History and current events are very different things. Merely being well known in the latter context does not at all ensure one mention in the former.

To wit, does anyone who's not a presidential historian of sorts, without looking it up, know who was the first WH press secretary? I sure don't. The best I can do is infer -- based on inferences drawn from my recollections of the accessibility people and the press had to the president and that 19th century and earlier POTUSes themselves usually spoke personally about the actions and intents of their Administrations -- that the first one likely didn't exist until sometime in the 20th century.

I think the job Spicer had as press secretary calls for a faster and deeper thinking and more adroit rhetorician than Spicer is. I think Spicer would have been fine as the press secretary for a cabinet secretary or agency/bureau director where the scope of considerations and implications of one's remarks is far narrower than it is for the POTUS.

Not being "up to snuff" in a WH role is hardly a mark of incompetence; it doesn't get more demanding and the bar is set no higher than that. Not succeeding there indicates only that one has risen above one's own facility, not that one is indeed incompetent. That's not to say one cannot be in the WH and also indeed be incompetent, but rather that disappointing performance there isn't a sure sign of one's being incompetent in any absolute sense. At best and more likely, one may appear incompetent relative to one's WH coworkers and predecessors.

Last edited:
You don't remember Jay Carney, (who certainly had an appropriate name to be Obamas press secretary), Josh Earnest, or Robert Gibb, but you'll 'always' remember Spicer?

200.gif
Yes, the group you mentioned all blend together. Spicer stands out for his pathetic lies and bombastic style.
He inspired a SNL award winning comedic character. None of the others could do that.

Nominated for an Emmy.

Delusional nut

and those same books will mention Earnest, Gibb, and Carney in connection with Obama.

footnotes, nothing more

200.gif

Nominated for an Emmy.

Nominations get awards?

I was under the impression only the winners got awards

History will record that failure to discontinue the press briefings was an error. It should not have been Spicer that left. It should have been the press briefings.

I don't think so. SNL might present him that way, but I doubt history will. I'd be surprised if history even mentions him, for his role in the WH was that of a factotum. He's not so much even as a footnote in history. History and current events are very different things. Merely being well known in the latter context does not at all ensure one mention in the former. To wit, does anyone who's not a presidential historian of sorts, without looking it up, know who was the first WH press secretary? I sure don't. The best I can do is infer -- based on inferences drawn from my recollections of the accessibility people and the press had to the president and that 19th century and earlier POTUSes themselves usually spoke personally about the actions and intents of their Administrations -- that the first one likely didn't exist until sometime in the 20th century.

I think the job Spicer had as press secretary calls for a faster and deeper thinking and more adroit rhetorician than Spicer is. I think Spicer would have been fine as the press secretary for a cabinet secretary or agency/bureau director where the scope of considerations and implications of one's remarks is far narrower than it is for the POTUS.

Not being "up to snuff" in a WH role is hardly a mark of incompetence; it doesn't get more demanding and the bar is set no higher than that. Not succeeding there indicates only that one has risen above one's own facility, not that one is indeed incompetent. That's not to say one cannot be in the WH and also indeed be incompetent, but rather that disappointing performance there isn't a sure sign of one's being incompetent in any absolute sense. At best and more likely, one may appear incompetent relative to one's WH coworkers and predecessors.
Social media will keep Sean alive with Melissa McCarthy's portrayal and the video that is already out showing his most blatant lies and awkward moments at the podium.
He is a joke for better or worse.

200.gif

Nominated for an Emmy.

Nominations get awards?

I was under the impression only the winners got awards
I lied; she was nominated but she has not won, yet.

History should show the press turning into attack dogs for the progressives that got their asses handed to them in the election.
The press like guns are protected by the Constitution. Guns are worse than attack dogs.
The President should not take away the press just like he should not take away guns.
It is unconstitutional to undermine the press.
Two things.

It is NOT unconstitutional to undermine the press, and;

The press undermined itself with its lies and advocacy for the Democrats.

Delusional nut
And no one but the analy retentive will care
You call them anally retentive, I call them educated.

Forum List

Back