History Hidden In Government School

And yet another momentous March 31st event!

The result of the Republicans prying their slaves away from 'em, and making certain that those former slaves had real freedom:
View attachment 317521

Thomas Mundy Peterson of Perth Amboy, New Jersey was the first African-American to vote in an election under the just-enacted provisions of the 15th Amendment to the United States Constitution. His vote was cast on March 31, 1870. Wikipedia

Democrats have been sulking ever since.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Peterson cast his vote 94 years after the Declaration of Independence? But you claim that we should be proud of that?

Radicalchic pretends she is a Republican in the tradition of Lincoln. But her friends love to wave Confederate flags. Lincoln was the greatest Republican President, a leader who led all those who defeated the pro-slavery Confederate rebellion and saved the Union. Not that Lincoln wanted a civil war, mind you.

When developing forces of history can’t be held back, bottled up, the result is often bloody Civil War or Revolution. Not every Revolution succeeds, either. Most don’t. Those that succeed often do so only in fits and starts, in stages, with reverses (and excesses too).

Such certainly was the American Revolution, its famous first stage a lasting political success establishing our Republic. Its second stage was precisely the Civil War which was destined to end slavery — except that the newly freed black slaves were soon abandoned to the tender mercies of racist Jim Crow. The first stage of the American Revolution involved defeating a foreign Royal Army and its mercenaries. The colonists’ merchant and plantation leaders even had friends in the British Parliament (the English had already had their own bloody revolutions!).

The French Revolution had a far more difficult task, since all at once it had to fight centuries of entrenched aristocratic power and privilege, a corrupt Catholic Church with support in the provinces, and invasion by reactionary foreign monarchs from all over Europe. Enthusiasm in Paris easily turned to paranoia as the different social elements involved in the Revolution divided. Excesses there certainly were, but most of the feudal and aristocratic forces were swept away. In defeat and desperation the Revolution rallied around a strong leader, Napoleon, who accommodated to the Catholic Church and led a new French national army to “glory” and final defeat.

Last edited:
Radicalchic pretends she is a Republican in the tradition of Lincoln. But her friends love to wave Confederate flags. Lincoln was the greatest Republican President, a leader who led all those who defeated the pro-slavery Confederate rebellion and saved the Union. Not that Lincoln wanted a civil war, mind you.

When developing forces of history can’t be held back, bottled up, the result is often bloody Civil War or Revolution. Not every Revolution succeeds, either. Those that do succeed often do so only in fits and starts, in stages, with reverses (and excesses too).

Such certainly was the American Revolution, its famous first stage a lasting political success establishing a Republic. Its second stage was precisely the Civil War which was destined to end slavery — except that the newly freed black slaves were soon abandoned to the tender mercies of racist Jim Crow. The first stage of the American Revolution involved defeating a foreign Royal Army and its mercenaries, and the merchant and plantation colonial leaders even had friends in the British Parliament (the English had already had their own bloody revolutions!)

The French Revolution had a far more difficult task, since all at once it had to fight centuries of entrenched aristocratic power and privilege, a corrupt Catholic Church still with support especially in the provinces, and invasion by reactionary foreign monarchs from all over Europe. Enthusiasm in Paris easily turned to paranoia as the different social elements involved in the Revolution divided. Excesses there certainly were, but most of the feudal and aristocratic forces were swept away. In defeat the Revolution rallied around a strong leader, Napoleon, who accommodated to the Catholic Church and led a new French national army to “glory” and final defeat.
Yes, I agree that the French Revolution was, in many ways, more complicated than the American one. But it was far more bloody than it needed to be, in my opinion.

Yes, I agree that the French Revolution was, in many ways, more complicated than the American one. But it was far more bloody than it needed to be, in my opinion.

Your point raises many interesting questions. Thomas Jefferson and Thomas Paine were both famous for supporting the French Revolution even despite its excesses. Thomas Paine was actually imprisoned and almost executed by Robespierre in Paris, and George Washington’s good friend Lafayette was also imprisoned. Both Paine and Lafayette tried their best to moderate the course of the Revolution. Both were against executing the French royal family and for freeing overseas French slaves in Martinique and elsewhere. Perhaps it is too bad the advice of Paine and Lafayette was not heeded!

Last edited:
And yet another momentous March 31st event!

The result of the Republicans prying their slaves away from 'em, and making certain that those former slaves had real freedom:
View attachment 317521

Thomas Mundy Peterson of Perth Amboy, New Jersey was the first African-American to vote in an election under the just-enacted provisions of the 15th Amendment to the United States Constitution. His vote was cast on March 31, 1870. Wikipedia

Democrats have been sulking ever since.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Peterson cast his vote 94 years after the Declaration of Independence? But you claim that we should be proud of that?

Republicans should.

Democrats, the party of slavery, segregation, and second class citizenship, will try to find excuses in the way you did.

The French Revolution was a social upheaval rather than a political event when the decadent French aristocracy became a symbol of oppression. There was no immediate effort to create a constitutional government as citizens ran wild and the French royalty was executed. The American revolution was a systematic effort to separate the Colonies from British rule. The causes and events are vastly different and the only similarity is that they were both called "revolutions".

'The French Revolution was a social upheaval rather than a political event when the decadent French aristocracy became a symbol of oppression. '

Now....to bring it up-to-date:

"If the French revolution was the end of monarchy and aristocratic privilege and the emergence of the common man and democratic rights, it was also the beginnings of modern totalitarian government and large-scale executions of "enemies of the People" by impersonal government entities (Robespierre's "Committee of Public Safety"). This legacy would not reach its fullest bloom until the tragic arrival of the German Nazis and Soviet and Chinese communists of the 20th century. "
Your first sentence is a complete contradiction. What's your evidence?

Bolsheviks claimed descent: “Historians of the French Revolution, which the Russians saw as a model for their own…” Bolshevik Festivals, 1917–1920

Not to mention Politicalchic’s buddy Marion Morrison altered the Florida State Flag to make it seem identical with the famous Confederate Battle Flag ...

Could it be that this alteration indicates a ... deeper desire?

Politicalchic is so funny with her equally fake ... “history lessons”!

If they are 'fake,' you should be able to show same.

You couldn't.

What does that mean?

When developing forces of history can’t be held back, bottled up, the result is often bloody Civil War or Revolution. Not every Revolution succeeds, either. Most don’t. Those that succeed often do so only in fits and starts, in stages, with reverses (and excesses too).

Such certainly was the American Revolution, its famous first stage a lasting political success establishing our Republic. Its second stage was precisely the Civil War which was destined to end slavery — except that the newly freed black slaves were soon abandoned to the tender mercies of racist Jim Crow. The first stage of the American Revolution involved defeating a foreign Royal Army and its mercenaries. The colonists’ merchant and plantation leaders even had friends in the British Parliament (the English had already had their own bloody revolutions!).

The French Revolution had a far more difficult task, since all at once it had to fight centuries of entrenched aristocratic power and privilege, a corrupt Catholic Church with support in the provinces, and invasion by reactionary foreign monarchs from all over Europe. Enthusiasm in Paris easily turned to paranoia as the different social elements involved in the Revolution divided. Excesses there certainly were, but most of the feudal and aristocratic forces were swept away. In defeat and desperation the Revolution rallied around a strong leader, Napoleon, who accommodated to the Catholic Church and led a new French national army to “glory” and final defeat.

Seems you have a bone to pick with me.
Must be due to the spanking I had to give you last time.

When developing forces of history can’t be held back, bottled up, the result is often bloody Civil War or Revolution. Not every Revolution succeeds, either. Those that do succeed often do so only in fits and starts, in stages, with reverses (and excesses too).

Such certainly was the American Revolution, its famous first stage a lasting political success establishing a Republic. Its second stage was precisely the Civil War which was destined to end slavery — except that the newly freed black slaves were soon abandoned to the tender mercies of racist Jim Crow. The first stage of the American Revolution involved defeating a foreign Royal Army and its mercenaries, and the merchant and plantation colonial leaders even had friends in the British Parliament (the English had already had their own bloody revolutions!)

The French Revolution had a far more difficult task, since all at once it had to fight centuries of entrenched aristocratic power and privilege, a corrupt Catholic Church still with support especially in the provinces, and invasion by reactionary foreign monarchs from all over Europe. Enthusiasm in Paris easily turned to paranoia as the different social elements involved in the Revolution divided. Excesses there certainly were, but most of the feudal and aristocratic forces were swept away. In defeat the Revolution rallied around a strong leader, Napoleon, who accommodated to the Catholic Church and led a new French national army to “glory” and final defeat.

That occurs in every such revolution based on erasing religion and promulgating worship of the state.....you know, as the Democrats intend.

Quite a coincidence.

Your point raises many interesting questions. Thomas Jefferson and Thomas Paine were both famous for supporting the French Revolution even despite its excesses. Thomas Paine was actually imprisoned and almost executed by Robespierre in Paris, and George Washington’s good friend Layayette was also imprisoned. Both Paine and Lafayette tried their best to moderate the course of the Revolution. Both were against executing the French royal family and for freeing overseas French slaves in Martinique and elsewhere. Perhaps it is too bad the advice of Paine and Lafayette was not heeded.
I could say a lot more about it, but it really requires a classroom or something, not a bulletin board populated by idiots.

'Yawn......zzzzzz'

After 7 -- seven! -- posts in a row in which she could not express a single coherent historical thought -- PoliticalChic has finally put herself to sleep.

I feel like dancing! :dance:

After 7 -- seven! -- posts in a row in which she could not express a single coherent historical thought -- Politicalchick has finally put herself to sleep.

I feel like dancing! :dance:

What a stupid attempt at face-saving!

Realize.....you have no 'face' to save.

My posts brought you slithering in, you sorely wished to find some error.....but couldn't.

What’s that you’re muttering? “Must-defend-self…”

Are you trying to put everyone to sleep or just filling up space?
Where did you learn your history? At the "American Thinker"/ "American Stinker"?

Last edited:
Are you trying to put everyone to sleep or just filling up space?
Where did you learn your history? At the "American Thinker"/ "American Stinker"?

Did you find those mistakes in my posts yet, you dunce???

You keep implying that there are some......

No?

Keep lookin'....
(This is how to keep an idiot in suspense,)

Everything you post is just partisan drivel and insults disguised as history. There is no logic to blind partisan faith-based slander mixed with new age psycho-babel.

Young lady, you should not file under the "History Forum" -- it is not your forte. Isn't there a rightwing religion & faith "gossip and slander" forum you would be more comfortable in?

Everything you post is just partisan drivel and insults disguised as history. There is no logic to blind partisan faith-based slander mixed with new age psycho-babel.

Young lady, you should not file under the "History Forum" -- it is not yoir forte. Isn't there a rightwing "gossipslander" forum you would be more comfortable in?

Still can't find a single, solitary error in any of my posts???

But....but.....you keep hinting that they exist?????

Gads, it must be galling you, you old fool.

With a certain regularity, we find posters just like you, who have always imagined that they are bright, and well educated…..then find someone like me who outranks you by every intellectual metric…..and you can’t get over the damage to your self-image.

Time to hand out another trophy for “Not-Tonight-Dear,- I’ve-Got-A-Crushed-Ego.”

Now.....keep lookin' for those mistakes in my posts.....

And....write soon, y'hear!

RadicalChic:
Not just an ignorant partisan hack.
A silly braggart too!

STILL can't find a SINGLE error in my posts?????

Looks like I'm not that 'ignorant,' huh?

I know you think you had a brainstorm, but it’s actually a mild stroke.

I’m trying to compose my post, but you screaming ‘Mommy, make the pain stop” is soooo distracting.

I love gettin' under your scales, you dolt.

Now.....keep lookin'.......

Forum List

Back