Hip! Hip! Hurrah!

fncceo

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2016
One Lego model I've always wanted was the Saturn V ... over 3 feet high with nearly 2,000 piece ... was discontinued a few years ago.

I've been looking for one on various sites. Collectors were selling unopened models for as high as $500.

Target had it listed on their online site last year actually on sale. But, it turned out to be a mistake, they had no stock.

But, just when I had given up hope of ever having one ... Lego has re-issued the original Saturn V!

81sRq4NIg-L._AC_SX569_.jpg

LEGO-Ideas-21309-92176-NASA-Apollo-Saturn-V-review-title-3-800x445.jpg

My weekend plans are fixed!

Last edited:
One Lego model I've always wanted was the Saturn V ... over 3 feet high with nearly 2,000 piece ... was discontinued a few years ago.

I've been looking for one on various sites. Collectors were selling unopened models for as high as $500.

Target had it listed on their online site last year actually on sale. But, it turned out to be a mistake, they had no stock.

But, just when I had given up hope of ever having one ... Lego has re-issue the original Saturn V!

View attachment 451900

View attachment 451901

Um, how old did you say you were?

But, just when I had given up hope of ever having one ... Lego has re-issue the original Saturn V!

View attachment 451900

View attachment 451901

The secret to life is NEVER getting too old for Legos!

s-l300.jpg

View attachment 451900

View attachment 451901

View attachment 451902

Wow, Sandy Duncan isn't aging well.

View attachment 451900

View attachment 451901

View attachment 451902

Mary Martin...

Peter-Pan.jpg

View attachment 451900

View attachment 451901

View attachment 451902

Mary Martin...

View attachment 451908

She looks a fair bit thicker than Sandy. They must have used the high-test wires for that one!

View attachment 451900

View attachment 451901

View attachment 451902

Mary Martin...

View attachment 451908

She's not aging well either

But, just when I had given up hope of ever having one ... Lego has re-issued the original Saturn V!

View attachment 451900

View attachment 451901

I always knew that deep down, there was something wrong with you.

Dad buys son a model car kit, son is interested for approximately two minutes, Dad spends the entire afternoon gluing it together.

At least fncceo is honest about it.

View attachment 451900

View attachment 451901

I had a shitload of legos as a kid ...I also kinda want one now

I always knew that deep down, there was something wrong with you.

A lot ... and not deep down, right on the surface.
I thought Legos was in Nigeria?

Won't you need a scale model of the Moon to land the Eagle on?
That is if it includes a little scale model and also a diddy Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin to go walkies?

Tell me about the Brit's Space Program?

View attachment 452774
It's the Irish you got to watch. Mind you having said that our last effort
hizzled and fizzled and on take-off burrowed its way underground.

Britains last effort to put Beagle 2 on Mars depended on weird balloons inflating and cushioning its fall (don't know why they didn't use parachutes) which it failed to do and Beagle was never heard from again.
I personally blame the mother US vehicle that Beagle piggybacked on.
It obviously entered the atmosphere too fast and at the wrong trajectory for poor Beagle to have a chance,

Forum List

Back