Hint to Motorcyclists:

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
...be alert to cables stretched across your path.

The essence of motorcycle un-safety. Incidents that would merely be an irritation in a car can be very serious on a MC. You can't get away from it.

At 73, my Significant Other suggests it might be time to hang up the helmet(s), and sell the bike. Slower reflexes and all that.

Nah.

...be alert to cables stretched across your path.

The essence of motorcycle un-safety. Incidents that would merely be an irritation in a car can be very serious on a MC. You can't get away from it.

At 73, my Significant Other suggests it might be time to hang up the helmet(s), and sell the bike. Slower reflexes and all that.

Nah.
I am planning to put the wing up for sale this spring--gonna be tough. Thinking of trading it for a two seater rag top.

I know of several cases related to me second hand from people who knew people who were decapitated by wires. One of them I believe was writing a sled but the other was riding a dirt bike. And actually yes there was even one on a snowmobile who survived but he was very severely lacerated in the neck.

After he committed self-immolation a little while back, maybe he was still on some strong painkillers.
As a kid in NM in the mid 60s, I rode. I nearly had an identical experience on a public road in a rural neighborhood that the residents decided to cable off--no flags or warnings. Very dangerous.

I know of several cases related to me second hand from people who knew people who were decapitated by wires. One of them I believe was writing a sled but the other was riding a dirt bike. And actually yes there was even one on a snowmobile who survived but he was very severely lacerated in the neck.
A good friend of mine hit a guy wire while riding on his ATV. He broke his face. That was over 20 years ago. He still has a big scar on his face and can't speak right because the accident shattered his jaw in several places. People think he's drunk because the damage makes him slur his words.

A good friend of mine hit a guy wire while riding on his ATV. He broke his face. That was over 20 years ago. He still has a big scar on his face and can't speak right because the accident shattered his jaw in several places. People think he's drunk because the damage makes him slur his words.

Down in Carson City about 20 years ago a similar thing happened, only the poor victim didn't survive.

Dang. He can't catch a break as of late. Well...figuratively speaking, unfortunately.

Cool picture I saw the other day, btw...

temp1_721d30d8cd4075df96f8426d277995371ad15377.jpg

Forum List

Back