Hillbilly Elegy author JD Vance says he's now a Trumpster, could run for Senate in Ohio, Peter Thiel has already donated 10 million bucks to his PAC

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
I saw the movie version of his book on Netflix. It was good. I think people that grew up like Mr. Vance, in poverty, and used their talents and hard work to better themselves understand the value of the dollar, understand the value of work and determination to chance the American Dream and advance,.....understand just how dangerous the DNC is

• Banned
a little background:

JD Vance grew up in Midwestern Appalachia, served as a Marine in Iraq. Graduated from Yale Law School, has written for the National Review and the NYT. he also invests in a venture capital firm.

impressive!

• Banned
Vance's Hillbilly Elegy was praised by the NYT and Huffpost, but also National Review and the WSJ

a TRUE uniter!

• Banned
JD's lovely family!

Ewy4AFJXIAEEb2q

• Banned
"for those of us lucky enough to live the American dream, the demons of the life we left behind continue to chase us

Americans call my friends hillbillies, rednecks & white trash. i call them neighbors, friends & family" - JD Vance

Last edited:
  • Banned
of course the prospects for working-class whites have worsened, JD, but you're putting the chicken before the egg...They're divorcing more, marrying less, and experiencing less happiness because their economic opportunities have declined. if they only had better access to jobs, other parts of their lives would improve as well!

as the manufacturing center of the industrial Midwest has hollowed out, white working class folks have lost jobs and the stable home and family that come with it...not having a job is stressful, and not having money is even more so

y'all have to read Hillbilly Elegy, it's really entertaining. JD comes from a clan of lunatics!

I'm not sure why you'd be surprised if this guy did jump for Dump.

It was an interesting book on classism in America. My wife passed it on to me. I didn't think it was worth her positive critique. It reminded me of a poor companion to Confederates in the Attic by the Late (great) Tony Horowitz. I liked one Amazon reader's review "this ain't no Steinbeck." LOL

Vance is scaring all the right people ...the Never Trumpers are shaking in their boots. THEY'RE SHAKING IN THEIR BOOOOOOOTS!

I'm neither scared nor surprised if Vance "embraced" Dump. It seems pretty obvious to me why he would, if he did.

I'm more curious why you're fascinated by this.

I'm neither scared nor surprised if Vance "embraced" Dump. It seems pretty obvious to me why he would, if he did.

i want more colorful characters in politics, and in JD Vance, there's a great one potentially!

i want more colorful characters in politics, and in JD Vance, there's a great one potentially!
OK, thanks. I just didn't consider him colorful or a very good writer. This is next on my reading list, after Queen's Gambit
Amazon product

And this author added a little more to Vance's foray into sociology.

Elite Colleges Make Low-Income Students Feel Unwelcome - The Atlantic

OK, thanks. I just didn't consider him colorful or a very good writer. This is next on my reading list, after Queen's Gambit
Amazon product

And this author added a little more to Vance's foray into sociology.

Elite Colleges Make Low-Income Students Feel Unwelcome - The Atlantic

we should DM each other on what books to read. these are my 2 favorite new releases...

41obVMQ-G9L._SL500_.jpg

61XDeMF8mZL._SL500_.jpg

Oh wow, JD Vance EXPOSED by the left and never trumpers as... *checks notes* someone who loves his country

Ew696oRXIAEoHDT

Hillbilly culture is a mix of honor, devotion to family, and a bizzare sexism where men are valued and women are not. that's what JD will bring to Washington if he is elected

i wonder if Hillbilly Elegy is made up. there are too many funny stories, like when JD claims he did some modeling as a kid, despite being an ugly fatass!

JD Vance writes in his book that at 9 years old, he convinced himself he was gay after hearing a homophobic sermon. at the time, he didn't know what the word meant, and thought it meant that all your friends are men and that you dislike girls!

Forum List

Back