Hillary Duff apologizes for obscenely offensive Halloween costumes

Hmmm, as I recall, the whole purpose of donning a costume for Halloween, was to represent something or someone that you are not. Hillary Duff should have demonstrated some measure of courage and told critics to "f***k off!"
LOL. Funny and even agreed to an extent, but public figures are more susceptible to angry PC LWers than people like you and me. Same goes for businesses. The sad part is that activist, authoritarian assholes know this and use it. They'll destroy someone or a business just to make a point. It's a sad reality of the Information Age. Not just....and a shitload more political. Public figures like actresses or sports figures often have morality clauses in their contracts. If they are accused of violating that clause, no matter the reason, they could suddenly be unemployed. We've seen this before.

Hmmm, as I recall, the whole purpose of donning a costume for Halloween, was to represent something or someone that you are not. Hillary Duff should have demonstrated some measure of courage and told critics to "f***k off!"
LOL. Funny and even agreed to an extent, but public figures are more susceptible to angry PC LWers than people like you and me. Same goes for businesses. The sad part is that activist, authoritarian assholes know this and use it. They'll destroy someone or a business just to make a point. It's a sad reality of the Information Age. Not just....and a shitload more political. Public figures like actresses or sports figures often have morality clauses in their contracts. If they are accused of violating that clause, no matter the reason, they could suddenly be unemployed. We've seen this before.
When they get the public figures to apologize and acquiesce, then they just move down the line to your average folks.

Forum List

Back