High gas prices save me money.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
I love to travel to my favorite state forest hunting grounds and cut firewood. This takes many trips to gather enough for the winter (while there I do some shooting, fishing, and look for deer stand sites). If gas prices are low enough I gain a little on the cost/benefit equation, although that really isn't important to me. However, these high gas prices will force me to buy firewood locally. And while the price of wood here seems high it is actually cheaper than paying the high fuel costs to drive to and from the woods. I don't know how much I will save but it will be in the hundreds of dollars. I will save many hours of time and labor as well, but as it's something I enjoy I didn't mind that.

I love to travel to my favorite state forest hunting grounds and cut firewood. This takes many trips to gather enough for the winter (while there I do some shooting, fishing, and look for deer stand sites). If gas prices are low enough I gain a little on the cost/benefit equation, although that really isn't important to me. However, these high gas prices will force me to buy firewood locally. And while the price of wood here seems high it is actually cheaper than paying the high fuel costs to drive to and from the woods. I don't know how much I will save but it will be in the hundreds of dollars. I will save many hours of time and labor as well, but as it's something I enjoy I didn't mind that.
Well see there is something we all can thank Biden for and that is less traveling and work…

I also heard that rape prevents unwanted pregnancies.

Being broke is the best way to lose weight.

Getting shot and killed in a driveby shooting will save the planet.

I also heard that rape prevents unwanted pregnancies.

Being broke is the best way to lose weight.

Getting shot and killed in a driveby shooting will save the planet.
Au contraire. Take the long view.

Reducing demand
increases supply,
thus reducing cost.

I also don't store high priced gas in a full tank. I only fill to 1/4 tank.
I'm doing my part. :)

Last edited:
Well see there is something we all can thank Biden for and that is less traveling and work…
Had a deal with an Aspland tree crew one time. They would bring their big wood truck and dump it in the field behind our backyard, saving them mileage and fees to dump commercially. We cut, split and sold the wood, saving us time, money and labor. It was a sweet deal until we moved out of state.

Had a deal with an Aspland tree crew one time. They would bring their big wood truck and dump it in the field behind our backyard, saving them mileage and fees to dump commercially. We cut, split and sold the wood, saving us time, money and labor. It was a sweet deal until we moved out of state.
Most of the tree trimming companies in my area keep and sell the wood. There is a strong market for fireplace wood here. I worked for such a company for a season and we always blocked up and stacked the trees we felled, which were sold to a firewood dealer in the area. We also kept many good hardwood sawlogs. Of course this was all worked out with the customer in the work contract, most of whom had no use for the wood.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back