High Court to decide on abortion case.

No one is murdering any babies.

So what are being killed,goldfish?

Nothing is being killed.

You can't kill something that is not alive.

An embryo is not a living organism.

From conception until 9 weeks the embryo is a group of cells which increases in number each day. I find it odd that you think a human embryo, with multiple cells doing what living cells do, is not alive, but no one maintains that a bacterium, a single celled life form, is not a living organism. In fact, pretty much everything we do to try controlling bacteria is geared toward 'killing' it.

If the embryo is not alive, how is it multiplying its cell count each day for 9 weeks? Show me a dead organism that does that.

Last edited:
A fetus is a human at a particular stage of development...as is an adult, an adolescent, a toddler, a child, and a baby.

Different ages, same human.

But a fetus is not a person.

So what is your expert opinion on when a Soul enters a body? No matter ones position on abortion, it is a tragedy, and a loss of a Human Life. That is something to mourn, not celebrate. It is a loss, try facing that.

That’s for each individual to decide in accordance with his own good conscience, not the state.

Many don’t believe in a ‘soul,’ for example. Each person is at liberty to decide when human life begins based on personal belief and/or religious dogma; but that subjective belief or dogma may not be codified.

And no one ‘celebrates’ abortion.

So what is your expert opinion on when a Soul enters a body? No matter ones position on abortion, it is a tragedy, and a loss of a Human Life. That is something to mourn, not celebrate. It is a loss, try facing that.

That’s for each individual to decide in accordance with his own good conscience, not the state.

Many don’t believe in a ‘soul,’ for example. Each person is at liberty to decide when human life begins based on personal belief and/or religious dogma; but that subjective belief or dogma may not be codified.

No it really isn't up to each individual to decide. Try aborting a viable fetus. And see what happens to you. Maybe you should go back and actually read Planned Parenthood v Casey instead of trying to pass a blurb from a dissent off as the holding of the case.

He doesn't know what you're talking about, Sunshine..he's gonna haff ter lawyer up before he responds to that...

A fetus is a human at a particular stage of development...as is an adult, an adolescent, a toddler, a child, and a baby.

Different ages, same human.

There's no such thing as a soul.

The real world would be a better place, if there were more abortions.

Hey KOSHERgirl,

This is what the Jewish Anti-Defamation League says about abortion protesters.

"Anti-abortion violence has actually remained a consistent, if secondary, source of domestic terrorism and violence, manifesting itself most often in assaults and vandalism, with occasional arsons, bombings, drive-by shootings, and assassination attempts. As one anti-abortion extremist, while serving a prison sentence for anti-abortion arsons, put it in 2010: "Abortionists are killed because they are serial murderers of innocent children who must be stopped, and they will continue to be stopped."

In addition to the Green Bay firebombing, some other recent examples of anti-abortion violence include:

■Madison, Wisconsin, March 2012: A federal grand jury indicted Ralph Lang, 63, on charges of attempting to intimidate by force people participating in a program receiving federal financial assistance, as well as using or carrying a firearm in relation to the alleged crime. According to police, Lang travelled to Madison to threaten to kill people at a local Planned Parenthood clinic; he was arrested after allegedly firing his gun in a motel room while practicing drawing it.
■Pensacola, Florida, February 2012: A federal grand jury indicted Bobby Joe Rogers, 41, of Pensacola, Florida, for the alleged arson of a women's health clinic in Pensacola the previous month. Rogers allegedly used a Molotov cocktail (a type of incendiary device) to set the fire.
■Madera, California, January 2012: A federal court sentenced Donny Eugene Mower, 38, to five years in prison for having thrown a Molotov cocktail at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Madera in 2010, leaving behind a note that read, in part, "Let's see if you can burn just as well as your victims."
■McKinney, Texas, July 2011: A Molotov cocktail was thrown at a Planned Parenthood clinic in north Texas.
■Greensboro, North Carolina, March 2011: Justin Carl Moose, 26, received a 30-month federal prison sentence after pleading guilty to distributing information pertaining to the manufacturing and use of an explosive. Moose, who claimed to be part of the radical anti-abortion group Army of God, had described himself as an "extremist radical fundamentalist" who wanted to fight abortion "by any means necessary and at any cost." He had provided bomb-making instructions to an undercover FBI informant whom he thought was going to bomb an abortion clinic.
■Wichita, Kansas, April 2010: A federal court sentenced anti-abortion extremist Scott Roeder to life in prison on first degree murder and aggravated assault charges for the June 2009 assassination of a Wichita physician who performed abortion procedures.
■Plano, Texas, April 2010: FBI agents arrested Erlydon Lo, 27, on charges that he threatened to use deadly force against a women's clinic in Dallas. Lo had filed a document threatening to appear at the facility the next day that said, in part, "if I must use deadly force to defend the innocent life of another human being, I will."
■St. Paul, Minnesota, May 2009: Matthew Lee Derosia, 33, received a sentence of time serviced and five years of probation for purposely driving his truck earlier that year into the front of a St. Paul Planned Parenthood clinic on the anniversary of the Supreme Court decision of Roe v. Wade.
"

Violence is wrong.
Anti-Abortion violence is wrong.
Pro-Abortion violence is wrong.
See the pattern?

No.

I never heard of any pro-abortion terrorist attacks.

So what are being killed,goldfish?

Nothing is being killed.

From conception until 9 weeks the embryo is a group of cells which increases in number each day. I find it odd that you think a human embryo, with multiple cells doing what living cells do, is not alive, but no one maintains that a bacterium, a single celled life form, is not a living organism. In fact, pretty much everything we do to try controlling bacteria is geared toward 'killing' it.

If the embryo is not alive, how is it multiplying its cell count each day for 9 weeks? Show me a dead organism that does that.

It's part of a woman's body that is growing, not unlike muscle cells.

I wouldn't call a muscle a live organism.

I do.

It's one less stupid mouth to feed on this finite planet.

Nothing is being killed.

It's part of a woman's body that is growing, not unlike muscle cells.

I wouldn't call a muscle a live organism.

Do tell!

3 weeks - Now the developing embryo is in the uterus, it searches for a nice place to implant. When one is found, the zygote burrows beneath the surface of the uterus. At this stage the fertilized egg is now called a blastocyst, it is a fluid filled cluster of 50 to 60 cells, still multiplying madly. Implantation of the blastocyst occurs at about day 5 to day 8 of embryo development. IVF embryos are usually transferred into the uterus around this stage. The developing embryo is only one-hundredth of an inch long, but is rapidly developing. It can reproduce itself through twinning at any time up to about 14 days after conception; this is how identical twins are formed.

First Trimester Fetal development information How your baby is developing growing inside you in months one two three month 1, 2 or 3

The embryo is NOT part of the woman's body. It grows independently of the woman's body until the need for nutrients cause it to implant. The embryo soon to be fetus is 'implanted' in the woman's body. Not 'part of' the woman's body.

Woman want to cut off her leg. Go for it! Her leg is 'part of' her body. But the embryo and fetus are a completely separate organism. And unlike you have been led to believe the courts DO have an interest in preserving the life of a VIABLE fetus. Hence the whine thread about the comatose woman being mandated by the court to remain on life support until the baby is delivered.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kCyqBKewr4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kCyqBKewr4[/ame]

I do.

It's one less stupid mouth to feed on this finite planet.

I wouldn't go that far.

I would just stay out of peoples private business.

And let's make it as available and free to unwed and underprivileged pregnant women as possible.

The fetus IS part of her body. It is attached to her body via the umbilical cord. What happens when you cut the cord and the fetus is 10 weeks old?
It dies. Therefore, the fetus is relying on the body of the woman to keep it alive.

When you take a baby from it's mother's arms and put it on the floor it dies, too.

So what?

Forum List

Back