What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hiding Behind Civilians

Annie

Diamond Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
50,848
Reaction score
4,826
Points
1,790
Photo gallery at site:

http://www.news.com.au/sundayheraldsun/story/0,,19955774-5007220,00.html

Photos that damn Hezbollah

Chris Link

July 30, 2006 12:00am
Article from: Sunday Herald Sun


THIS is the picture that damns Hezbollah. It is one of several, smuggled from behind Lebanon's battle lines, showing that Hezbollah is waging war amid suburbia.

The images, obtained exclusively by the Sunday Herald Sun, show Hezbollah using high-density residential areas as launch pads for rockets and heavy-calibre weapons.

Dressed in civilian clothing so they can quickly disappear, the militants carrying automatic assault rifles and ride in on trucks mounted with cannon.

The photographs, from the Christian area of Wadi Chahrour in the east of Beirut, were taken by a visiting journalist and smuggled out by a friend.

They emerged as:

US President George Bush called for an international force to be sent to Lebanon.

ISRAEL called up another 30,000 reserve troops.

THE UN's humanitarian chief Jan Egeland called for a three-day truce to evacuate civilians and transport food and water into cut-off areas.

US SECRETARY of State Condoleezza Rice returned to the Middle East to push a UN resolution aimed at ending the 18-day war, and:

A PALESTINIAN militant group said it had kidnapped, killed and burned an Israeli settler in the West Bank.

The images include one of a group of men and youths preparing to fire an anti-aircraft gun metres from an apartment block with sheets hanging out on a balcony to dry.

Others show a militant with AK47 rifle guarding no-go zones after Israeli blitzes.

Another depicts the remnants of a Hezbollah Katyusha rocket in the middle of a residential block blown up in an Israeli air attack.

The Melbourne man who smuggled the shots out of Beirut and did not wish to be named said he was less than 400m from the block when it was obliterated.

"Hezbollah came in to launch their rockets, then within minutes the area was blasted by Israeli jets," he said.

"Until the Hezbollah fighters arrived, it had not been touched by the Israelis. Then it was totally devastated.

"It was carnage. Two innocent people died in that incident, but it was so lucky it was not more."

The release of the images comes as Hezbollah faces criticism for allegedly using innocent civilians as "human shields".

Mr Egeland blasted Hezbollah as "cowards" for operating among civilians.

"When I was in Lebanon, in the Hezbollah heartland, I said Hezbollah must stop this cowardly blending in among women and children," he said.
 
OP
Annie

Annie

Diamond Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
50,848
Reaction score
4,826
Points
1,790
dilloduck said:
Say it as often as you like--don't you see that the rest of the world doesn't give a damn if the Hizbullys use civilians as shields ?
Oh they care, just look at the response today regarding Qana, they blame Israel for the innocents killed.

Lots of talk of civilians killed in Lebanon, little on the 120 rockets a day hitting Israel. I guess because the Israelis have a very good civil defense system, (born of necessity), their being hit over and over again is irrelevant?
 

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
53,240
Reaction score
5,796
Points
1,850
Location
Austin, TX
Kathianne said:
Oh they care, just look at the response today regarding Qana, they blame Israel for the innocents killed.

Lots of talk of civilians killed in Lebanon, little on the 120 rockets a day hitting Israel. I guess because the Israelis have a very good civil defense system, (born of necessity), their being hit over and over again is irrelevant?

Allow me to clarify--the rest of the world thinks its acceptable for the Hizbullys to use civilians as shields.
Hell they don't even care if terrorists attack Israel or America. Your campaign to infrom people that Muslims are evil is onlt preaching to the choir.
 
OP
Annie

Annie

Diamond Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
50,848
Reaction score
4,826
Points
1,790
dilloduck said:
Allow me to clarify--the rest of the world thinks its acceptable for the Hizbullys to use civilians as shields.
Hell they don't even care if terrorists attack Israel or America. Your campaign to infrom people that Muslims are evil is onlt preaching to the choir.
Oh well, others have other interests, this is one of mine. Besides that as you should have noticed, there are some here that think that every Israeli killed is a step in the right direction. They remain silent though on whether in that case, Hizbollah isn't doing 'G_d's work.'
 

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
53,240
Reaction score
5,796
Points
1,850
Location
Austin, TX
Kathianne said:
Oh well, others have other interests, this is one of mine. Besides that as you should have noticed, there are some here that think that every Israeli killed is a step in the right direction. They remain silent though on whether in that case, Hizbollah isn't doing 'G_d's work.'

No doubt each side think the other is to blame--I find it interesting that the only people who do NOT want a ceasefire is Israel and the Hizbullys.
 
OP
Annie

Annie

Diamond Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
50,848
Reaction score
4,826
Points
1,790
dilloduck said:
No doubt each side think the other is to blame--I find it interesting that the only people who do NOT want a ceasefire is Israel and the Hizbullys.
Oh Hizbollah wants a cease fire, they have said they might even disarm at some point. :laugh: which came before Hassan Nasrallah said they wouldn't.

Of course, first Israel must cede more land; release prisoners; etc. (BTW, we all know Hizbollah will not disarm; what's really interesting though, they made no such waffle promise on the soldiers, they just haven't mentioned them at all.)
 

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
53,240
Reaction score
5,796
Points
1,850
Location
Austin, TX
Kathianne said:
Oh Hizbollah wants a cease fire, they have said they might even disarm at some point. :laugh: which came before Hassan Nasrallah said they wouldn't.

Of course, first Israel must cede more land; release prisoners; etc. (BTW, we all know Hizbollah will not disarm; what's really interesting though, they made no such waffle promise on the soldiers, they just haven't mentioned them at all.)

Nasrallah is the man that Iran speaks through and the man the Hizbullys listen to. These two HAVE to fight until one can convincing claim victory or risk losing face and the cofindence of thier fighters.
 
OP
Annie

Annie

Diamond Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
50,848
Reaction score
4,826
Points
1,790
dilloduck said:
Nasrallah is the man that Iran speaks through and the man the Hizbullys listen to. These two HAVE to fight until one can convincing claim victory or risk losing face and the cofindence of thier fighters.
Well not exactly. The Security Council is meeting right now. Rice has said that she is working now through the UN. Israel will be forced to cease fire, no one's saying how they are going to make Hizbollah do the same.
 

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
53,240
Reaction score
5,796
Points
1,850
Location
Austin, TX
Kathianne said:
Well not exactly. The Security Council is meeting right now. Rice has said that she is working now through the UN. Israel will be forced to cease fire, no one's saying how they are going to make Hizbollah do the same.

Bull shit---the UN can't force Israel to do a thing.
 
OP
Annie

Annie

Diamond Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
50,848
Reaction score
4,826
Points
1,790
dilloduck said:
Bull shit---the UN can't force Israel to do a thing.
The US can. Price they pay for taking our $$$.
 

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
53,240
Reaction score
5,796
Points
1,850
Location
Austin, TX
Kathianne said:
The US can. Price they pay for taking our $$$.

Then SAY the US when you mean the US. The UN has passed a million resolutions that the Israelis have ignored. They cant' do shit but redistribute wealth.
 
OP
Annie

Annie

Diamond Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
50,848
Reaction score
4,826
Points
1,790
dilloduck said:
Then SAY the US when you mean the US. The UN has passed a million resolutions that the Israelis have ignored. They cant' do shit but redistribute wealth.
I can post how I wish, though I did for those that can infer:

Kathianne said:
Well not exactly. The Security Council is meeting right now. Rice has said that she is working now through the UN. Israel will be forced to cease fire, no one's saying how they are going to make Hizbollah do the same.
 

Gunny

Gold Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2004
Messages
44,689
Reaction score
6,854
Points
198
Location
The Republic of Texas
Kathianne said:
Well not exactly. The Security Council is meeting right now. Rice has said that she is working now through the UN. Israel will be forced to cease fire, no one's saying how they are going to make Hizbollah do the same.

I think Rice -- the US -- needs to back off. We are presuming to tell Israel to not do what we ARE doing?

They're attacking an extremist, militant Islamic terrorist organization that has continually waged a war of terror against Israel. No different than our response to 9/11.
 
OP
Annie

Annie

Diamond Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
50,848
Reaction score
4,826
Points
1,790
GunnyL said:
I think Rice -- the US -- needs to back off. We are presuming to tell Israel to not do what we ARE doing?

They're attacking an extremist, militant Islamic terrorist organization that has continually waged a war of terror against Israel. No different than our response to 9/11.
I agree, but the rope is played out. I disagree with it, again they are treating the 'wars' as seperate, not as fronts.
 

Gunny

Gold Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2004
Messages
44,689
Reaction score
6,854
Points
198
Location
The Republic of Texas
Kathianne said:
I agree, but the rope is played out. I disagree with it, again they are treating the 'wars' as seperate, not as fronts.

The "bigger picture" war, IMO, is extreme Islam's attempt at world domination. Israel is just the immediate thorn in their side, and the focus of their hatred at the moment.
 
OP
Annie

Annie

Diamond Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
50,848
Reaction score
4,826
Points
1,790
GunnyL said:
The "bigger picture" war, IMO, is extreme Islam's attempt at world domination. Israel is just the immediate thorn in their side, and the focus of their hatred at the moment.
It's extreme Islam that is willing to fight for the caliph. The problem is, many if not most of the 'moderate' Islamics support the idea if not the methods. Perhaps the reason for the lack of responses to terror attacks?
 

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
53,240
Reaction score
5,796
Points
1,850
Location
Austin, TX
Kathianne said:
I agree, but the rope is played out. I disagree with it, again they are treating the 'wars' as seperate, not as fronts.

There are definately 2 fronts ( Christian and Jewish) and one war (radical Islam). I don't think the adminstration is ignorant to the fact that we are fighting the same enemy which is why we are allowing Israel to proceed.
 

Gunny

Gold Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2004
Messages
44,689
Reaction score
6,854
Points
198
Location
The Republic of Texas
Kathianne said:
It's extreme Islam that is willing to fight for the caliph. The problem is, many if not most of the 'moderate' Islamics support the idea if not the methods. Perhaps the reason for the lack of responses to terror attacks?

In a nutshell, yes. Whether or not Arabs are extremist Muslims, they are taught to hate and distrust us from birth. They are ambivalent to terrorism because while they may not approve of the means, they don't disagree with the results.
 

Gunny

Gold Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2004
Messages
44,689
Reaction score
6,854
Points
198
Location
The Republic of Texas
dilloduck said:
There are definately 2 fronts ( Christian and Jewish) and one war (radical Islam). I don't think the adminstration is ignorant to the fact that we are fighting the same enemy which is why we are allowing Israel to proceed.

I protest! In this, the administration IS ignorant, and playing to world politics rather than the obvious, and common sense.

As I stated earlier, we currently are attempting to use the UN to stop Israel from doing EXACTLY the same thing we did in Afghanistan.
 

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$200.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List

Top