Hey kids, what time is it?

time-warp-presentation.jpg

That explains it. Never saw it.

Thanks.
Awful movie that some people will try to tell you is good. It isnt. If you were alive in the 80's and 90's when they were doing the Rocky Horror Picture Show in theatres, that was entertaining because the crowd is part of the movie (there are crowd lines that everyone shouts out at certain moments, and other things like throwing toast around, it gets wild) , but the movie itself is atrocious.

Awful movie that some people will try to tell you is good. It isnt. If you were alive in the 80's and 90's when they were doing the Rocky Horror Picture Show in theatres, that was entertaining because the crowd is part of the movie (there are crowd lines that everyone shouts out at certain moments, and other things like throwing toast around, it gets wild) , but the movie itself is atrocious.

It played forever at the Neptune Theater in Seattle's University District, and I assumed it was attended by college kids and junkies and pretentious old liberals, so I was never even curious.

It played forever at the Neptune Theater in Seattle's University District, and I assumed it was attended by college kids and junkies and pretentious old liberals, so I was never even curious.
LOL!!! Thats where i used to watch it!! I lived in King County Washington all my life until a year ago.

It was rice and water you took with yous.

Never heard of TRHPS until I was a senior in High School.

A school friend took me to a hay ride one Halloween that his youth group from his church was having.
Although I'm not religious, I do like a good hayride. LOL Robert was also one of the few people I liked, even though we weren't close friends, we had a lot in common, and he was a super nice guy with a very good heart.

Anyway. Went to this hayride and one of his youth group friends fell in love with me.
Ugh.

I told her I swung the other way, and she cried for a week. But we became friends non-the-less.
She had some other gay friends as it turned out. And one of them was in the stage production at a Dallas theater for Rocky Horror.

I had never heard of it. So they forced me to go along with them. It was fun! I loved the movie, as I love almost all things "out of the oridinary". The stage production going on while the movie was playing was also something new to me.

I ended up going to different stage productions around DFW that were playing Rocky Horror on Friday and Saturday nights as a "midnight movie" over the next few years.

It got less popular in the 80's, as the grunge and goth cultures were coming to light. I was a bit burnt out on it by then anyway.
Although I still love the movie. Funny, weird, campy, and goofy.

Forum List

Back