Hero Cop Wrongfully Convicted For Illegal Gun Trafficking

Biden gave the Taliban 300,000 guns, plus tanks, and helicopters
No, the Afghans gave them the guns, tanks and helicopters. We spent 20yrs training and equipping them, how many more years did we need to keep giving and training them? Trump was going to do the same thing Biden did and even quicker, but you didn't have a problem with it when Trump was going to do it.

No, the Afghans gave them the guns, tanks and helicopters. We spent 20yrs training and equipping them, how many more years did we need to keep giving and training them? Trump was going to do the same thing Biden did and even quicker, but you didn't have a problem with it when Trump was going to do it.

The Afghans controlled Milley & Austin? Are you sure?

It sounds like this guy was involved in an unlawful gunrunning scam. Are the Feds immune from the same prosecution? When are they going to go after the ATF's "Op.Fast/Furious" that sent over 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexican drug cartels? Nobody seemed concerned when one of the weapons came up in the murder of a Border Patrol Officer.

You can't make up this level of stupid. the title of this thread I laid odds on whose post it was.
When I saw just the title of this thread, I based my odds on whose post it was.

My betting line had Biff as the most likely, Tommy Taunt next and Berg80 after that.

"A former Tri-State police chief won’t spend a day in prison time for his role in what federal prosecutors say was a “machine gun scheme,” according to the US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Indiana. Dorian LaCourse, 66, of Milford, was sentenced Wednesday in Indianapolis to three years’ probation, including six months of home detention. US District Judge Sarah Evans Barker further ordered that LaCourse pay an $11,800 fine, an amount roughly equivalent to what authorities say he received from the gun dealers for his role in the scheme. More than 100 illegally obtained machine guns, $2,500 rounds of ammunition and more than $6,000 in criminal proceeds seized from LaCourse’s office desk will also be forfeited to the United States.

LaCourse, who used to lead the Addyston Police Department, was convicted in April of using his law enforcement position to illegally help two federally licensed firearms dealers in Indiana acquire and resell about 200 fully automatic machine guns. The gun dealers resold the machine guns at a significant profit, court records show. Travis S. Riddle, acting special agent in charge of ATF’s Columbus Field Division, described the crime as an “egregious betrayal of the public’s trust.” LaCourse faced up to 15 years in prison. Federal prosecutors recommended a prison sentence of 70 months (nearly 6 years) followed by two years of supervised release, according to the plea agreement."

First of all, how is any gun in and of itself, illegal?? All guns are legal...per the 2nd amendment.....so if this guy used his position as a police chief to cash in on some machine gun sales; what business is it of big government??...we all know the police are vastly underpaid; so if a cop wants to use his position to build some wealth; why is that a big deal?? It's not like this man was some street thug or wetback -- then i would say, throw the book at them.....but this guy is someone who was deserving of our public trust; so why jump down his throat just because he did one bad thing??

Do you truly think trying to convict cops for breaking the law is supposed to deter them from doing it? No, it will just prevent good cops from being cops.....To the extent there are any bad cops in the police force; they are naturally weeded out by the god cops anyway...so the federal government going after good cops is actually hurting more than they think they are helping...and again, all he did was help sale some guns to the people who need them....and more guns equal a safer society; and more machine guns makes it even safer....

I remember when Eric Holder did this for Obama. Good times, man.

You are real professional at spewing your lies.

Forum List

Back