Zone1 Hello from the former Grand-Duchy of Baden in South-West-Germany

What might happen then? :)

If they figure out that you're a decent person, they will do their best to insult you and piss you off.

They despise all that is decent.

They really are not that many. Most of them are really annoying ones are bots. The "Forums" page has a running count of how many members and how many guests and how many robots are online at any given time, and the bots frequently outnumber the members and guests combined.

Last edited:

If they figure out that you're a decent person, they will do their best to insult you and piss you off.

They despise all that is decent.

They really are not that many. Most of them are really annoying ones are bots. The "Forums" page has a running count of how many members and how many guests and how many robots are online at any given time, and the bots frequently outnumber the members and guests combined.

How can I tell when a Bot is posting?

So your father's family was Prussian. From Pommerania or from Silesia. :)

Actually, my great-grandfather on my mother's side was a Prussian Baron. I don't have many details about him though. His son came to America brought here by his mother. He had a family to another German girl he met here and my mother was their youngest child. I have photos going back to my grandfather and my great-grandmother (his mother who brought him here). Those old Germans were some tough ol' birds-- I suppose that is where I get my nature and survival from.

Luckily, my mother took an interest in all of this growing up and took notes talking to her sisters, brothers, parents, and other relatives when she was young and years back, I carefully took all her handwritten notes and reconstructed them into a family tree chart with as many details as I could about my mother's side of the family, but unfortunately, no one on my father's side ever did, so, details there are far fewer.

Here is one of the pictures I have of my great-grandmother:

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 10.49.33 PM.png

And her son, my grandfather, whom she brought here to America on a ship somewhere around 1880s-1890:

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 10.49.03 PM.png

I seem to take after him and look a lot like him. Then once here, he met my grandmother and they got married in 1902:

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 10.53.11 PM.png

Then much later in life, here they are much older, holding my mother, their last child, probably somewhere around the late 1920s.

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 10.58.32 PM.png

Unfortunately, I never met either one, they both passed away before I was born.

Hello from the former Grand-Duchy of Baden in South-West-Germany! :)

That is the long title.

Or: Hello from a place between the Black Forest and the River Rhine!

Here it is 26 min after 10 in the evening.

So I say also: Good night! :)
Herzlich willkommen,

es geht hier deutlich moderater zu, als wie in den üblichen US-Foren

I can tell you exactly the reason.
Baden-Baden means: the town of Baden in the land of Baden.
Like New York, N.Y. :)
What Zebra is not telling you guys - is that Baden-Baden was in-cooperated into today's state of Baden-Württemberg - and it's former population having been enslaved and robbed of any rights.

So actually Zebra is from Baden Baden in Baden-Württemberg :auiqs.jpg:

What Zebra is not telling you guys - is that Baden-Baden was in-cooperated into today's state of Baden-Württemberg - and it's former population having been enslaved and robbed of any rights.

So actually Zebra is from Baden Baden in Baden-Württemberg :auiqs.jpg:
As I was taught, Baden joined the German federation in the early 1870s, but Württemberg, not until after WW1.

As I was taught, Baden joined the German federation in the early 1870s, but Württemberg, not until after WW1.
Formed under post-World War II occupational rule and confirmed by referendum in December 1951, Baden-Württemberg consists of three former states: Württemberg-Baden (in the American zone) and Südwürttemberg-Hohenzollern and Südbaden (both in the French zone). The merger of these states took effect in 1952.

Forum List

Back