Hello from New Mexico

There is nothing like the beautiful blue sky and fluffy clouds of NM! Silver City - where my hubby comes from.

I love the four mild seasons here and the silver-blue sunlight, the play of light and shadow, and the moods of the Sandia range to the east!

Hi Weatherman:

Welcome to the USMB Board. :0)

I am a right-leaning registered Independent here in New Mexico ...

I read your Topic Title and realized that every state in the union is "New Mexico" to the 20 to 30 Million goddamned Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals part of the Illegal Alien Invasion of this once-great country.

GL,

Terral

Hi Weatherman:

Welcome to the USMB Board. :0)

I am a right-leaning registered Independent here in New Mexico ...

I read your Topic Title and realized that every state in the union is "New Mexico" to the 20 to 30 Million goddamned Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals part of the Illegal Alien Invasion of this once-great country.

GL,

Terral

I agree that we have a very pressing and continuing problem with illegal aliens. Mexico would show me no mercy if I pulled the same thing. I understand why they want to come here; there is no work in Mexico, there are hungry people and kids...but they are still breaking our laws. This issue of the war on our southern border needs to be addressed with consideration to American taxpayers and citizens. I am going to join the Immigration forum to address this and post my two bits.

Here in New Mexico we have a marvelous, wonderful cultural mix. We're almost half Caucasian and half Hispanic, but there is a large population of Native Americans among us. I love it and I find really satisfying things from all cultures here (I'm white...or, you could say, European mongrel...). The Hispanic citizens here (Chicanos, Nortenos) do NOT like illegal aliens from Mexico. They have paid their dues (and taxes) and they have a long history here (this state used to belong to Mexico). I personally like their music, arts and crafts and cuisine. Spanish is now my second language.

Liberals and leftists blatantly want to milk illegal aliens for votes. There is NO doubt about that. I am for upholding the laws here in this country, and protecting our Constitution, our national integrity, and our southern border with this "failed state," Mexico.

Hi, nice to meet you. Let me say this up front...I have never been a member of or associated with "The Weathermen" or "Weather Underground." I got my boardname a decade ago from a Bob Dylan song I loved:

Bob Dylan: Subterranean Homesick Blues

Look out kid
Don't matter what you did
Walk on your tip toes
Don't tie no bows
Better stay away from those
That carry 'round a fire hose
Keep a clean nose
Watch the plain clothes
You don't need a weather man
To know which way the wind blows

What Dylan is saying here is that if your have chutzpah, common sense, and smarts, you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows...you can tell what's coming yourself...and, you don't need me either!

oddly enough, that's how the weathermen got their name.

go figure.

That is true according to Wikipedia, but the most radical thing I ever did was march in a march for women's rights decades ago in Salt Lake City, Utah...

it's all good, i wasn't calling you out on it, just pointing out an interesting bit o trivia. welcome to the board!

oddly enough, that's how the weathermen got their name.

go figure.

That is true according to Wikipedia, but the most radical thing I ever did was march in a march for women's rights decades ago in Salt Lake City, Utah...

it's all good, i wasn't calling you out on it, just pointing out an interesting bit o trivia. welcome to the board!

Hi Del, I know you weren't calling me out...I am a veteran of flame wars and trolls, and I don't do them anymore.

For those who don't know Albuquerque, I live in the Nob Hill district along Central Ave. (this is historic Route 66). My neighborhood is just east of UNM, a liberal university in a predominately liberal state. I do not feel like I have any representation in DC as I am a right-leaning Independent and New Mexico sends nothing but Democrats to Santa Fe and DC. So I am really glad I found USMessageBoard, and as a bonus, all you welcoming folks. That doesn't mean we won't get into it, but I will respect all your opinions.

I am wondering today if I made a mistake signing on here. It seems there is very little political debate on the issues but constant flaming and ad hominem attacks. If you speak your mind, speak up, post your interpretations, views, opinions, the flamers here move your threads around, call you a troll (and other epithets) and try to intimidate you with "rep points" as you try to get out your opinions.

I have played these types of games before....but....not for long...those who try to intimidate others out of their freedom of speech rate very low in my opinion, just below hypocrites.

I am beginning to wonder if I wandered into a clone of snafu-ed or Daily KOS...

I am wondering today if I made a mistake signing on here. It seems there is very little political debate on the issues but constant flaming and ad hominem attacks. If you speak your mind, speak up, post your interpretations, views, opinions, the flamers here move your threads around, call you a troll (and other epithets) and try to intimidate you with "rep points" as you try to get out your opinions.

I have played these types of games before....but....not for long...those who try to intimidate others out of their freedom of speech rate very low in my opinion, just below hypocrites.

My first impression to this post was: :eusa_eh:

My second impression was:

Guardanapo20Snob20FS.jpg

My final response can only be:

000202BD.gif

with a healthy dose of:

zoloft-does-everything2.jpg

I got this PM from "Yurt":

Contents of PM deleted. CW

I don't know what kind of games you assholes are playing here but I do know I have no time for this. C ya. Got better things to do...

I don't know what kind of games you assholes are playing here but I do know I have no time for this. C ya. Got better things to do...

Better grow a thicker skin NM Weatherman.

This is one of the few sites that doesn't tip heavily towards one side of the political spectrum or the other. As a result we have our share of serious debaters, serious jokesters, serious assholes and serious loonies.

You kinda have to start learning the personalities around here and knowing who will engage in a serious discussion, and who to just go ahead and dismiss out of hand and essentially ignore. Also if you feel like having a witty discussion about nothing in particular this is also the place to come and hang.

Anyway, welcome to the board.

This is one of the few sites that doesn't tip heavily towards one side of the political spectrum or the other. As a result we have our share of serious debaters, serious jokesters, serious assholes and serious loonies.

You kinda have to start learning the personalities around here and knowing who will engage in a serious discussion, and who to just go ahead and dismiss out of hand and essentially ignore. Also if you feel like having a witty discussion about nothing in particular this is also the place to come and hang.

C ya

Quote: Originally Posted by Yurt
Hi, you have received -60 reputation points from Yurt.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
tool

Regards,
Yurt

Note: This is an automated message.

I got -60 points for telling "Yurt" this in response:

I am a 30-year child advocate. Sorry you can't seem to find that child advocacy and children's rights are worthy of you.

"Yurt's" response: shut up...has nothing to do with your advocacy, rather your fucked up and untrue comments toward other posters and your idiotic blame of the entire country for the acts of one person

C ya

kthnxbai

No. You have stumbled upon the best fucking site there is. Hang around....you'll see.:lol:

haze 2 (h
amacr.gif
z)
tr.v. hazed, haz·ing, haz·es
1. To persecute or harass with meaningless, difficult, or humiliating tasks.
2. To initiate, as into a college fraternity, by exacting humiliating performances from or playing rough practical jokes upon.

[Perhaps from obsolete haze, to frighten, from obsolete French haser, to annoy, from Old French.]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf2S7kKLtEQ]YouTube - The Beatles - Hello Goodbye[/ame]

No. You have stumbled upon the best fucking site there is. Hang around....you'll see.:lol:

I think we scared him off. Considering his post was whinny and self righteous it's a good thing.

I have asked the non-existent "webmasters" to delete my membership from this crap site. If it isn't done by tomorrow, then fuck you all. Get ready for some fun.

Forum List

Back