Hello from a wonk

If you were expecting a tell-all introduction, sorry. I'm going to tell you only a couple of things about myself. First, I'm a political junkie who likes to follow and talk about issues. Second, I don't believe in liberalism, conservatism, libertarianism or authoritarianism: I believe only in what makes the most sense in a particular context. Sometimes it's one of these four, sometimes it's a combination, and sometimes it's none.

I don't mean to be secretive or rude. I just believe that who I am is totally irrelevant when it comes to discussing a political issue - as it should be. Nor do I think there's anything at all wrong with socializing online. It's just not what I come to a political forum to do. The other stuff I save for places like Facebook. By the way, that's also why I never use rep systems on boards. So please don't be offended if you rep me and I don't return the favor.

Finally, here's my pledge to all of you. I will not insult or otherwise talk smack about anyone other than a public figure (they're fair game). If you want to debate a point with me in a civil, respectful way, I will be thrilled to reciprocate. On the other hand, if you're yet another loudmouth who hopes to get someone else into your flame wars, I will simply put you on my ignore list.

I hope I can find at least a few other folks around here in the first category. :cool:

So are you like Jake Starkeys brother or something?

I don't reveal stuff about myself. Weren't you paying attention? :D

I do.:lol:

Oh, I believe they all exist. I'm just not some sheep who swallows any one of them whole.

In other words you have a problem with commitment.

I don't see much value in committing to something that doesn't make sense if a better idea comes along.

You gotta be something, else you're nothing.
No one agrees 100% with any ideology, but you need to decide where you are in the spectrum.
Take me for instance. I'm a far right Conservative even though I don't believe ALL liberals should be executed.

In other words you have a problem with commitment.

I don't see much value in committing to something that doesn't make sense if a better idea comes along.

No one agrees 100% with any ideology, but you need to decide where you are in the spectrum.
Take me for instance. I'm a far right Conservative even though I don't believe ALL liberals should be executed.
No matter where you (the generic "you") think you are on the spectrum, some people are going to think you're farther right, and others will think you're farther left. At the end of the day, it doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

I'm comfortable believing in whatever works in a given situation, no matter where on the spectrum the idea originated.

No matter where you (the generic "you") think you are on the spectrum, some people are going to think you're farther right, and others will think you're farther left. At the end of the day, it doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

I'm comfortable believing in whatever works in a given situation, no matter where on the spectrum the idea originated.

So you voted for Obama, but you're ashamed to admit it. :cool:

Not ashamed at all. He's a far lesser danger than Palin as VP. :cool:

You are to be commended. It took several postings for me to figure out you're left-wing. :eusa_clap:

Honey, only someone who wouldn't have voted for a dem under any circumstance would suggest one should be "ashamed" of having voted for the president. Given that McCain/plain was the alternative, I'd be embarrassed at the existence of that ticket, much less having cast a vote for the tweeting twit. come to think of it, i'd be embarrassed to admit having voted for the prior repub ticket..... twice.

So, you know...that whole glass houses thing. ;)

Last edited:

You are to be commended. It took several postings for me to figure out you're left-wing. :eusa_clap:

What I am, much less what you think I am, has no relevance at all to the truth or accuracy of any statement I make. Figure that out and you'll be on your way to some of that freedom you profess to love.

What I am, much less what you think I am, has no relevance at all to the truth or accuracy of any statement I make. Figure that out and you'll be on your way to some of that freedom you profess to love.

Nope...too late...you've been identified, boxed up, labelled and put on the shelf as a Liberal.
Now, approximately half of this message board hates you.
For God's sake don't wander too far from your own gang or they'll get you in the showers...remember The Shawshank Redemption!

Nope...too late...you've been identified, boxed up, labelled and put on the shelf as a Liberal.
For God's sake don't wander too far from your own gang or they'll get you in the showers...remember The Shawshank Redemption!

Anyone who thinks that someone is a liberal just because they voted for Obama will probably end up either de facto ignoring me or on my ignore list soon enough.

As for the showers, I've killed a lot of men there. :eusa_shhh:

Anyone who thinks that someone is a liberal just because they voted for Obama will probably end up either de facto ignoring me or on my ignore list soon enough.

you're a liberal becasue you voted for obama

Then most of the American people are irrevocably liberals and your cause is hopeless. :cuckoo:

Then most of the American people are irrevocably liberals and your cause is hopeless. :cuckoo:

it's like this, WP, they've convinced themselves that the president really didn't win the election with 365 electoral votes. it must have been the ACLU, Bill Ayers, Rev Wright and ACORN that put forth a false electoral result for the commiemuslimkenyan.

they've also convinced themselves that the "tea party" represents "real america" which is all rightwingnuts who never would have voted for the president.

how they have convinced themselves of these things is really quite a trick and i hope someday someone will do a psychological study to figure out how people can delude themselves in such a contradictory fashion.

Honey, only someone who wouldn't have voted for a dem under any circumstance would suggest one should be "ashamed" of having voted for the president. Given that McCain/plain was the alternative, I'd be embarrassed at the existence of that ticket, much less having cast a vote for the tweeting twit. come to think of it, i'd be embarrassed to admit having voted for the prior repub ticket..... twice.

So, you know...that whole glass houses thing. ;)

But McCain/Palin was not the only alternative. Obviously, Obama/Biden was a terrible choice and so was McCain/Palin, so why would anyone vote for either ticket???

So what's this 'glass-house' thing you speak of?

Forum List

Back