Heated disagreement breaks out in Situation Room over hydroxychloroquine, Navarro vs Fauci

And? There is only anecdotal evidence that it works which quite frankly isn't good enough. My friend who has COVID was prescribed it and had to immediately stop. Other patients it might work but until proven otherwise through clinical trials it's not a wonder drug.
We elected Trump to get things done. Clinical trials would be a waste of time right now.

So you just want to prescribe everyone medication that may or may not send them into cardiac arrest?

My God this is stupid. Z-packs alone in theory can cause cardiac arrest and yet it is prescribed millions of times per year. The benefits FAR outweigh the very minimal chance of this complication.

Tens of millions of people aren't taking the Z-pack. As a person with very bad drug reactions to supposedly "benign" drugs, I would be reluctant to try a drug which could damage my heart, my kidneys, and leave me blind, unless there was absolutely no other hope. No fucking way I'd take it as a "precaution".

Not to mention, that my sister, who is SUPPOSED to by taking hydroxychloroquine for her reumatoid arthritis, and who literally needs the drug to continue living, can't get it because the entire world's supply has been diverted to corona virus testing.

Well then, as a true collectivist believer you agree that your sister must then give her life for the greater good

I know this much, Navarro has been a hawk on China, well ahead of the game in terms of what threat they pose to the world. The guy I probably most trust in his administration to stay the course on confronting abusers of America.

Fauci, has been getting sunshine shined up his behind by CNN in particular for some time. This article was co-written by that guy in high school who I would expect to rat someone out to the teacher if he heard them curse in gym class, Jim Acosta. I think Fauci seeks the spotlight too often and he is a little too sure of himself for my tastes for this type of situation with many unknowns. I'm glad when Trump calls him out about wanting to shut the country down for 2 years, I think it's an odd, broad position to take considering how some states are far less impacted by this virus than others.

Heated disagreement breaks out in Situation Room over hydroxychloroquine

(CNN)There was a heated disagreement in the Situation Room this weekend over the efficacy of the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine -- but multiple sources say it was mostly one-sided, as President Donald Trump's top trade adviser Peter Navarro feuded with other officials over the drug's unproven effectiveness to treat coronavirus.

The debate is not a new one inside the coronavirus task force -- and medical experts have repeatedly explained to the President that there is a risk in enthusiastically touting hydroxychloroquine in case the drug doesn't ultimately work to combat the virus. But other aides and outside advisers have sided with Trump, including Navarro, who is still not a formal part of the task force but has wedged himself into the meetings.

Axios first reported on the disagreement inside the White House about the drug.

While discussing the latest on hydroxychloroquine this weekend, an exasperated Navarro lashed out at Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the advisers who has urged caution about the drug, a person familiar with the meeting told CNN.

Fauci's been good to have in our corner but OTOH reminds me of that saying "When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail". He's too insular. Trump is wise to bring other people in and listen.
Yeah, let's listen to what the economist has to say over the health care professional with over 50 years experience during a pandemic.

Yeah, let's stay in our houses like hermits for two years. Brilliant plan. There will be NO viruses left likely, but also, no economy. And no America.

Great idea. Brilliant.
That's exactly what The VOR asshole would LOVE to see happen if it would destroy President Trump.
You're an idiot. But hey, when it comes to YOUR health, if you want to trust in an economist for your well-being, knock yourself out.

Personally, I'll side with the medical professionals when it comes to my health during this pandemic, and I'll do my best taking precautions to prevent myself from contracting this virus from some stupid fuck like you.

And one more thing assholes --- you and sue --- nobody said anything about staying in their homes without coming out for two years. That's just more of the loads of bullshit you idiots invent.

It truly is amazing how fucking stupid you retards are.

If Fauci a medical professional? He said he would take it if he had the virus.
Sorry, but you aren't making any sense. Learn English and then get back to me.
Of you get corvid will you refuse this drug?
Yes, because it wouldn't be prescribed by a medical professional. You on the other hand would take it because trump and an economist told you to, LOL. Good luck.
Who told you that it wouldn't be prescribed by a medical professional?
Are you telling me doctors are currently prescribing hydroxychloroquine for covid-19?

I know doctors that prescribed this a few weeks ago after looking at the data. They were well ahead of the game. In fact, this was locked down shortly thereafter for this very reason, not because of any dangers, but for fear of a shortage.
Absolutely because of the dangers.

Nope..you have been fed a load of manure. If it weren't for the fact that z-packs are so prevalent, they could have said the same thing about azythromycin. They just recognized they couldn't fool the masses with that one. If you are dying of COVID-19, you would have to be a complete IDIOT not to try hydroxychoroquine for the infinitesimal risk of cardiac arrest.
S
I know this much, Navarro has been a hawk on China, well ahead of the game in terms of what threat they pose to the world. The guy I probably most trust in his administration to stay the course on confronting abusers of America.

Fauci, has been getting sunshine shined up his behind by CNN in particular for some time. This article was co-written by that guy in high school who I would expect to rat someone out to the teacher if he heard them curse in gym class, Jim Acosta. I think Fauci seeks the spotlight too often and he is a little too sure of himself for my tastes for this type of situation with many unknowns. I'm glad when Trump calls him out about wanting to shut the country down for 2 years, I think it's an odd, broad position to take considering how some states are far less impacted by this virus than others.

(CNN)There was a heated disagreement in the Situation Room this weekend over the efficacy of the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine -- but multiple sources say it was mostly one-sided, as President Donald Trump's top trade adviser Peter Navarro feuded with other officials over the drug's unproven effectiveness to treat coronavirus.

The debate is not a new one inside the coronavirus task force -- and medical experts have repeatedly explained to the President that there is a risk in enthusiastically touting hydroxychloroquine in case the drug doesn't ultimately work to combat the virus. But other aides and outside advisers have sided with Trump, including Navarro, who is still not a formal part of the task force but has wedged himself into the meetings.

While discussing the latest on hydroxychloroquine this weekend, an exasperated Navarro lashed out at Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the advisers who has urged caution about the drug, a person familiar with the meeting told CNN.

Fauci's been good to have in our corner but OTOH reminds me of that saying "When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail". He's too insular. Trump is wise to bring other people in and listen.
Yeah, let's listen to what the economist has to say over the health care professional with over 50 years experience during a pandemic.

Yeah, let's stay in our houses like hermits for two years. Brilliant plan. There will be NO viruses left likely, but also, no economy. And no America.

Great idea. Brilliant.
That's exactly what The VOR asshole would LOVE to see happen if it would destroy President Trump.
You're an idiot. But hey, when it comes to YOUR health, if you want to trust in an economist for your well-being, knock yourself out.

Personally, I'll side with the medical professionals when it comes to my health during this pandemic, and I'll do my best taking precautions to prevent myself from contracting this virus from some stupid fuck like you.

And one more thing assholes --- you and sue --- nobody said anything about staying in their homes without coming out for two years. That's just more of the loads of bullshit you idiots invent.

Yes, because it wouldn't be prescribed by a medical professional. You on the other hand would take it because trump and an economist told you to, LOL. Good luck.
Are you telling me doctors are currently prescribing hydroxychloroquine for covid-19?
Of course they are. Who told you that they weren't?
Doctors are prescribing it for covid-19? Link me to that. There haven't even been clinical trials for this drug as a treatment for covid-19.
LA doctor seeing success with hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19
Fuck that. If you want to be a lab rat, go right ahead, not me.

This drug has been in use since 1955 in the US. Anybody with this virus right now should take this. Most with common sense would.
Since 1955 as a treatment for malaria.

Then tell me, why aren't all doctors across the country prescribing this covid-19 wonder drug? Let me guess, either none of them have "common sense" or they are all members of the deep state trying to harm trump's reelection.

This is used routinely by rheumatolgists for treating arthritis. It is hardly a risky drug. It is marketed under the name Plaquenil. Read the link below from the Arthritis foundation.

"...the sudden high demand comes from people and clinics that want to use hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 prevention or treatment, although the drug is not approved for either indication, and there is limited evidence to support its use in COVID-19. Researchers are preparing to launch rigorous studies of its safety and effectiveness. Despite that, people and clinicians are putting their hope in hydroxychloroquine (and chloroquine, a closely related drug). "

In other words, they are prescribing it. Some don't want it to be the answer for obvious reasons.

Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) Shortage Causing Concern | Arthritis Foundation
So they have the miracle cure, but this anti-malaria drug it isn't being used widespread because doctors don't want to use it for "obvious reasons"?
Feds sent thousands to NYC. Last week. The ER docs are taking it

Great idea. Brilliant.

Doctors are prescribing it for covid-19? Link me to that. There haven't even been clinical trials for this drug as a treatment for covid-19.

This drug has been in use since 1955 in the US. Anybody with this virus right now should take this. Most with common sense would.

Then tell me, why aren't all doctors across the country prescribing this covid-19 wonder drug? Let me guess, either none of them have "common sense" or they are all members of the deep state trying to harm trump's reelection.

This is used routinely by rheumatolgists for treating arthritis. It is hardly a risky drug. It is marketed under the name Plaquenil. Read the link below from the Arthritis foundation.

"...the sudden high demand comes from people and clinics that want to use hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 prevention or treatment, although the drug is not approved for either indication, and there is limited evidence to support its use in COVID-19. Researchers are preparing to launch rigorous studies of its safety and effectiveness. Despite that, people and clinicians are putting their hope in hydroxychloroquine (and chloroquine, a closely related drug). "

In other words, they are prescribing it. Some don't want it to be the answer for obvious reasons.

TDS morons won't do anything unless Adolph Schiffler tells them to do it.
You are the douchebag suffering from TDS (trump defense syndrome).

Great idea. Brilliant.

You might be the dumbest motherfucker in the world you probably think VOR spells something lol

Great idea. Brilliant.

You're calling the rest of the world "morons" for refusing to use an untested and dangerous drug, on the advice of a failed economist and a realty TV show host, and which the DOCTORS and INFECTIOUS DISEASE SPECIALISTS on staff are advising against.

That is cult of personality at its finest.
The rest of the world isn't refusing to use it. They are eager to use it. Only some TDS morons like you want to prevent everyone else from having access to it.

Plenty of doctors have said it works. Fauci is a Hillary butthole hisser. I couldn't care less what he says. He's only goal is to help defeat Trump in the next election.
SMH. Wow. You bootlickers are an embarrassment.

And? There is only anecdotal evidence that it works which quite frankly isn't good enough. My friend who has COVID was prescribed it and had to immediately stop. Other patients it might work but until proven otherwise through clinical trials it's not a wonder drug.
We elected Trump to get things done. Clinical trials would be a waste of time right now.

So you just want to prescribe everyone medication that may or may not send them into cardiac arrest?

My God this is stupid. Z-packs alone in theory can cause cardiac arrest and yet it is prescribed millions of times per year. The benefits FAR outweigh the very minimal chance of this complication.

Tens of millions of people aren't taking the Z-pack. As a person with very bad drug reactions to supposedly "benign" drugs, I would be reluctant to try a drug which could damage my heart, my kidneys, and leave me blind, unless there was absolutely no other hope. No fucking way I'd take it as a "precaution".

Not to mention, that my sister, who is SUPPOSED to by taking hydroxychloroquine for her reumatoid arthritis, and who literally needs the drug to continue living, can't get it because the entire world's supply has been diverted to corona virus testing.

Well then, as a true collectivist believer you agree that your sister must then give her life for the greater good

Obviously I'm not a true collectivst believer, because I don't want my sister to die because idiots took her drug and killed themselves with it.

No one should be forced to give their life "for the greater good", or because someone in the Administration bought shares in a drug company.

Great idea. Brilliant.

You might be the dumbest motherfucker in the world you probably think VOR spells something lol
What a childish asshole you are. A total waste of space and oxygen.

Lots of ignorance out there.
Quinine, z-packs, etc., do NOT at all work against the COVID-19 virus or any virus.
Quinine is intended to kill a particular parasite and z-packs work on particular bacteria.
The ONLY reason why someone with COVID-19 should ever take them is for treatment of side effects.
For example, COVID-19 can cause a fever that can rise to the point of being deadly.
Quinine will reduce fevers, so then can be helpful.
But ONLY if you are getting a dangerously high fever from something.
And quinine will not change the cause, only reduce the fever from it.
Z-packs have no effect on a virus, but once COVID-19 had compromised the lungs, then a bacterial infection can set in, that can require the use of z-packs.
If you do not have compromised lungs with a bacterial infection, then z-packs will do nothing.

Plaquenil (hydroxycholorquine) acts as an ionophore. It punches holes in the cell membrane where the virus has already penetrated to allow zinc ions inside. Zinc prevents the virus's replication machinery. That's what make Plaquenil effective. So taking plac 1L and a zinc supplement together early on can prevent debilitating Covid 19 infection. The Z pack is there just in case you got a bacterial infection because your lungs are inflamed and raw. We are colonized with bacteria in our sinuses, so it would be easy to get a superimposed bacterial infection if the lungs are inflamed.

I thought this thread was about the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine. If so, there is no debate. Fauci is correct. No scientifically verified data supports the hypothesis that hydroxychloroquine is an effective treatment for CV-19. Full stop.
There is no scientifically verified data that supports the hypothesis that hydroxychloroquine is never an effective treatment for Covid-19.

There is no scientifically verified data that supports the hypothesis that hydroxychloroquine is any more effective as a treatment for Covid-19 than a Payday candy bar is.

actually there is, and more coming out every day.

Please site the scientifically verified data.
Are you promoting a notion that hydroxychloroquine can only help covid 19 patients if it has scientific research and studies and is blessed by a government agency as an effective treatment?

I'm promoting the notion that there is no reason to believe it can help without scientific research and studies. That drug is not without side effects. It is known to effect the electrical signals in your heart, potentially causing death for some people. Only an idiot would take something that could kill you with no reason to believe it will help you.

Obviously I'm not a true collectivst believer, because I don't want my sister to die because idiots took her drug and killed themselves with it.

No one should be forced to give their life "for the greater good", or because someone in the Administration bought shares in a drug company.

So really AREN'T a Progessive when it gets personal. Got it. Nobody "killed" themselves with it twit. Change the channel.

So really AREN'T a Progessive when it gets personal. Got it. Nobody "killed" themselves with it twit. Change the channel.

Really? You clearly have not read the side effects and dangers of taking this drug.

I thought this thread was about the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine. If so, there is no debate. Fauci is correct. No scientifically verified data supports the hypothesis that hydroxychloroquine is an effective treatment for CV-19. Full stop.
There is no scientifically verified data that supports the hypothesis that hydroxychloroquine is never an effective treatment for Covid-19.

There is no scientifically verified data that supports the hypothesis that hydroxychloroquine is any more effective as a treatment for Covid-19 than a Payday candy bar is.

its out there on the news every day, do your own checking, I am not here to be your teacher.

Got it. You have nothing.

Are you promoting a notion that hydroxychloroquine can only help covid 19 patients if it has scientific research and studies and is blessed by a government agency as an effective treatment?

I'm promoting the notion that there is no reason to believe it can help without scientific research and studies. That drug is not without side effects. It is known to effect the electrical signals in your heart, potentially causing death for some people. Only an idiot would take something that could kill you with no reason to believe it will help you.

There are reasons to believe it will help. Not only anecdotal evidence, but scientific evidence from those that understand how viruses work.

Because hydroxychloroquine allows zinc ions inside the cell it can in theory affect the electrical conduction in myocardium, or heart cells. Heart cells are very susceptible to changes in ion currents because that is how the heart muscle operates there is electrical conduction that tells the muscle cells when to relax and when to squeeze. Hydroxychloroquine can potentially cause arrhythmias because of its affects on ion channels. Other cell types are not as susceptible. This is not a common side affect. If you have COVID-19, you would be ill advised to worry about heart issues as a potential side affect as opposed to the potential benefits.

The MSM is attempting to trick the masses again by downplaying the role hydroxychoroquine can play in fighting this virus.

Really? You clearly have not read the side effects and dangers of taking this drug.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The potential benefits FAR outweigh the potential side effects.

Meetings on discussions to determine policy are CLASSIFIED until DECLASSIFIED in this room.

Nothing in this reporting has any business being classified. Presidents like to misuse “national security” to maintain secrecy for political purposes.
These meetings ARE CLASSIFIED.......PERIOD.....They are Presidential meetings to DECIDE POLICY......Arguments happen there.........and unless they are UNCLASSIFIED.......it is A FELONY TO RELEASE THIS INFORMATION

So WHO NEEDS TO GO TO JAIL?
Why the hell do you believe a known fake news outlet like CNN in the first place? Acosta has continuously tried to get Trump and Fauci to contradict each other at the press conferences to no avail. So, frustrated, he just made the this shit up using anonymous sources that obviously do not exist.

Exactly. I was watching some of the press conference yesterday. They kept asking the President about the drug, and he said it won't hurt to try. Then when Fauci got up there, they were asking him the same question in effort to try and create a conflict. The President immediately told the loser to shut up because the question has been repeatedly asked.
This still doesn't satisfy me on the Axios article..............if that meeting was leaked.......then someone needs to be prosecuted.
For what? Espionage? Give me a break.
That is the law for charging those with LEAKING A CLASSIFIED MEETING........yep

Only if it impacts national security. Do you think Navarro and Fauci bitching about hydroxychloroquine is relevant to national security?

Nope. Not even close.
Those meetings are private for a reason..........Any release of that information without permission is AGAINST THE LAW.....PERIOD.

Your side is used to leaking like THREE STOOGES PLUMBING.

Someone needs to go to jail for leaking private meetings that are considered CLASSIFIED.

BTW........the drugs work.........liberals suck........and patients all over the world are using this drug and it is saving lives.........

It's FUCKING up your BODYBAG count isn't it...........pfft.

Comrade, we don’t jail people for embarrassing the president which is the real issue here.

Private and classified are different. The idea that you think leaking this little tiff is espionage should demonstrate to you how dumb this is.
That isn't the point and you know it...........those meetings are Classified.......and someone should be thrown in Prison.

I doubt you have ever even seen the document to sign for access to Confidential or Classified documents.

Hell I doubt you can even tie your own shoelaces.
You never stopped to think WHY those meetings are supposedly classified. You don’t get to classify something just because you want to keep it secret.

There are reasons to believe it will help. Not only anecdotal evidence, but scientific evidence from those that understand how viruses work.

Because hydroxychloroquine allows zinc ions inside the cell it can in theory affect the electrical conduction in myocardium, or heart cells. Heart cells are very susceptible to changes in ion currents because that is how the heart muscle operates there is electrical conduction that tells the muscle cells when to relax and when to squeeze. Hydroxychloroquine can potentially cause arrhythmias because of its affects on ion channels. Other cell types are not as susceptible. This is not a common side affect. If you have COVID-19, you would be ill advised to worry about heart issues as a potential side affect as opposed to the potential benefits.

The MSM is attempting to trick the masses again by downplaying the role hydroxychoroquine can play in fighting this virus.

I hope it works, but there is no reason at this time to believe it does.

The problem is that it has so far only "worked" on patients that are not to that point very sick. It's efficacy on patients in ICU is pretty much non-existent.

Would those mildly ill patients have gotten better without it?
Without proper testing we don't know.

Lots of ignorance out there.
Quinine, z-packs, etc., do NOT at all work against the COVID-19 virus or any virus.
Quinine is intended to kill a particular parasite and z-packs work on particular bacteria.
The ONLY reason why someone with COVID-19 should ever take them is for treatment of side effects.
For example, COVID-19 can cause a fever that can rise to the point of being deadly.
Quinine will reduce fevers, so then can be helpful.
But ONLY if you are getting a dangerously high fever from something.
And quinine will not change the cause, only reduce the fever from it.
Z-packs have no effect on a virus, but once COVID-19 had compromised the lungs, then a bacterial infection can set in, that can require the use of z-packs.
If you do not have compromised lungs with a bacterial infection, then z-packs will do nothing.
You're a moron.

Change the Channel, the dude swallowed fish bowl cleaner

I hope it works, but there is no reason at this time to believe it does.
We know how disappointed you will be if it does work.

Forum List

Back