Headline: "Up to 200K US deaths foreseen as more cities stricken" FALSE Exaggeration! MSM blowing out of proportion!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
So Drudge has the above headline linked to this article:Up to 200K US deaths foreseen as more cities stricken
AP NEWS... stop the presses!!!!
And this is what they quote without READING what Dr. Fauci really said!!!
"Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, made the dire prediction of fatalities on CNN, adding that millions in the U.S. could become infected."

NOW what did Dr. Fauci say???
Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday that models suggest the coronavirus will infect millions of Americans and could kill 100,000–200,000, though he stressed that the projections are "such a moving target."

"There are things called models, and when someone creates a model, they put in various assumptions. And the model is only as good and as accurate as your assumptions
And whenever the modelers come in, they give a worst-case scenario and a best-case scenario.
Generally, the reality is somewhere in the middle. I've never seen a model of the diseases that I've dealt with where the worst-case scenario actually came out. They always overshoot."

Axios headline: Fauci says 100,000 to 200,000 Americans could die from coronavirus

Dr. Fauci... "WORST CASE" and he's never seen the worst case... they always overshoot!

Folks... PLEASE PLEASE read closer to the experts! Don't take the BIASED AP, etc., MSM blown out of proportion headlines JUST to get you to click!
Go ahead and click the links BUT read further down into the article.

So Drudge has the above headline linked to this article:Up to 200K US deaths foreseen as more cities stricken
"Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, made the dire prediction of fatalities on CNN, adding that millions in the U.S. could become infected."

Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday that models suggest the coronavirus will infect millions of Americans and could kill 100,000–200,000, though he stressed that the projections are "such a moving target."

"There are things called models, and when someone creates a model, they put in various assumptions. And the model is only as good and as accurate as your assumptions
And whenever the modelers come in, they give a worst-case scenario and a best-case scenario.
Generally, the reality is somewhere in the middle. I've never seen a model of the diseases that I've dealt with where the worst-case scenario actually came out. They always overshoot."

Axios headline: Fauci says 100,000 to 200,000 Americans could die from coronavirus

Dr. Fauci... "WORST CASE" and he's never seen the worst case... they always overshoot!

Folks... PLEASE PLEASE read closer to the experts! Don't take the BIASED AP, etc., MSM blown out of proportion headlines JUST to get you to click!

"False"?

You're saying it's NOT foreseen?

Trump just said that 2.2 million Americans would have died if strict actions had not been taken

we doubled the number of deaths over the last two day. Trump said they expect the peak of deaths to be in about two weeks. If the current number of deaths was to double every two days for the next 14 days...we are looking at 290,000 dead by the peak.

Let's just hope it does not keep doubling every two days.

Fauci is an odd cat. I like experts who speak the facts and then fade into the background. Fear mongering helps nobody...

models suggest the coronavirus will infect millions of Americans and could kill 100,000–200,000
So the headline was dead on accurate.

/Thread

The 2.2m "deaths" number was Fauci's best guess "ASSUMING NO MITIGATION", like for the regular flu where 40,000 to 60,000 die every year. With all of the shutdowns and self-quarantine we have now, that 2.2m number should be much lower. Trump just said that Easter should be the "peak" of the bell curve, and the US numbers should be lower after Easter. Trump said that the US will stay with the current shutdown to the end of April.
The EU looks to be at their peak now, at about 30,000 active cases a day, and the US is about a week or so behind the EU. The next week should tell if the US flattened the curve enough to stay within the hospital capacity. Next week lets hope both curves are headed down.
1585520776589.png

Fauci is an odd cat. I like experts who speak the facts and then fade into the background. Fear mongering helps nobody...
Trump is doing a good job at the Press conference
Avoiding picking fights and name calling.

I don't know about all of this, as the media are focused on gotcha questions. I do know calling it the "Wuhan Virus" would be great in my opinion.

Trump just said that 2.2 million Americans would have died if strict actions had not been taken

Course, he also said three million illegals voted, thousands danced on rooftops and billions came to his inaug. I read it in a fake Time Magazine.

models suggest the coronavirus will infect millions of Americans and could kill 100,000–200,000
So the headline was dead on accurate.

/Thread
NOPE!!!.... The Drudge Headline states "FAUCI PROJECTS '100,000-200,000' DEAD
Axios headline says: Fauci says 100,000 to 200,000 Americans could die from coronavirus
BUT no where in the headline by Drudge or Axios did they say to the public...what Fauci SAID!!!

"There are things called models, and when someone creates a model, they put in various assumptions. And the model is only as good and as accurate as your assumptions.
Do you understand? Fauci NEVER said there would be 100,000 to 200,000! He said the modeling give a worst case and generally reality is somewhere in the MIDDLE!!!
NEVER said 100,000 to 200,000 as a FACT!!!

Lie...

Fauci is honest, professional and doesn't worry about pleasing Trump.

So he's sticking out like a sore thumb, and the Trumpsters hate him.
Fauci never said there WAS going to be 100,000 to 200,000! He said that was the worst case and his words exactly which you aren't quoting exactly!
"There are things called models, and when someone creates a model, they put in various assumptions. And the model is only as good and as accurate as your assumptions.

In the news conference going on right now, fauci says 100k will be on the "low side" of the estimate
Please give me the transcript of that news conference BECAUSE I never heard and I watched the whole thing where 100k will be on the low side!
Prove to me with his exact words.

"False"?

Fauci ALSO said but you are ignoring that part...Generally, the reality is somewhere in the middle. I've never seen a model of the diseases that I've dealt with where the worst-case scenario actually came out. They always overshoot."

i listened on the fucking radio. you google it yourself for a transcript you tds enemy fuckwad.
In the news conference going on right now, fauci says 100k will be on the "low side" of the estimate
Please give me the transcript of that news conference BECAUSE I never heard and I watched the whole thing where 100k will be on the low side!
and away to ignoreland you gou little troll. we dont need your enemy activity and if nobody lustens to your attention wanting filthy ass, you will go away

"False"?

Fauci ALSO said but you are ignoring that part...Generally, the reality is somewhere in the middle. I've never seen a model of the diseases that I've dealt with where the worst-case scenario actually came out. They always overshoot."

Again folks you have to read exactly what was said!
Fauci said that 100,000 to 200,000 was the WORST case and his experience:" Generally, the reality is somewhere in the middle.
I've never seen a model of the diseases that I've dealt with where the worst-case scenario actually came out. They always overshoot."

Do you all understand the gross distinction here?
The MSM takes the worst case number and Fauci says he's never seen the worst-case actually came out!

i listened on the fucking radio. you google it yourself for a transcript you tds enemy fuckwad.
and away to ignoreland you gou little troll. we dont need your enemy activity and if nobody lustens to your attention wanting filthy ass, you will go away

Asking YOU for your FACTS is a troll characteristic? YOU don't have the facts for your false statement! Get it and I'll apologize BUT I heard everything Fauci said.
Models are good, but models often generate the kind of anxious question you asked," Fauci said, when a reporter asked how bad the situation could become. "A model is as good as the assumptions you put into the model, and very often, many of these assumptions are based on a complexity of issues that aren't necessarily the same... from one country to another."

WHERE in any of that did Fauci say "100k will be on the "low side" of the estimate"???

Last edited:

Forum List

Back