Have you noticed all those "URGENT CARE" medical store fronts opening?

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Seems I caught site of a new one opened right across the street from a hospital today....wondered about them but think I found the answer....Outright Competition for your medical dollar, as ObumaCare fails!

The problems with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act may be masking another major change in the way health care is delivered to U.S. consumers, experts believe. At The Atlantic's Health Care Forum in Washington on Thursday, health care and business professionals said that there’s an increasing trend in the industry toward cutting insurance companies out of the process entirely, as large, regional hospital systems move into the insurance business. Dr. Kenneth L. Davis, CEO and president of Mount Sinai Health System, the largest health care provider in the state of New York, said that starting next year, Mt....

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hospitals-plot-end-insurance-companies-163100744.html

Wasn't this actually envisioned by obamacare? There are no doctors there. They are nurse practitioner clinics substituting for medical care. It is something Zeke Emanuel dreamed up.

With the help of "forced" medical coverage the insurance and medical industries will boom with new customers. Everyone but the end user wins. The government wins with huge tax hikes (soon to come by necessity); the insurance companies are lovin' every minute of it considering the fact that consumers MUST buy their products by law (what better way to make a profit?); and, of course, hospitals, doctors' offices, and urgent care centers will be boiling over with sheeple who'll drop in every time they have a sniffle or a stubbed toe.

• Banned
It must be extremely painful to be short sighted. You clowns are stupid beyond belief. :lol:

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
Troll-Warning-Photo-by-Gil-300x300.jpg

Wasn't this actually envisioned by obamacare? There are no doctors there. They are nurse practitioner clinics substituting for medical care. It is something Zeke Emanuel dreamed up.

No. They've been around for years. Our Gov Rick Scott owned a chain of like clinics after he paid the largest medicare fraud claim in history.

Obama's vision of health care for you all...Isn't he just wonderful and great!

These have been popping up for years. Ever have a sinus infection and try to get a last minute appointment with your primary doctor and not be able to get an appointment for a week? That's why they are popping up all over the place.

Seems I caught site of a new one opened right across the street from a hospital today....wondered about them but think I found the answer....Outright Competition for your medical dollar, as ObumaCare fails!

The problems with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act may be masking another major change in the way health care is delivered to U.S. consumers, experts believe. At The Atlantic's Health Care Forum in Washington on Thursday, health care and business professionals said that there’s an increasing trend in the industry toward cutting insurance companies out of the process entirely, as large, regional hospital systems move into the insurance business. Dr. Kenneth L. Davis, CEO and president of Mount Sinai Health System, the largest health care provider in the state of New York, said that starting next year, Mt....

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hospitals-plot-end-insurance-companies-163100744.html

When I had a kidney stone years back it was an Urgent Care facility I went to. They're I guess intended to take some pressure off regular emergency rooms so they're not having to treat the perverbial skinned knees and the like.

When I had a kidney stone years back it was an Urgent Care facility I went to. They're I guess intended to take some pressure off regular emergency rooms so they're not having to treat the perverbial skinned knees and the like.

Additional medical facilities are opening up and cons somehow look at this as a bad thing

Additional medical facilities are opening up and cons somehow look at this as a bad thing

What's really lame about the OP is that NO evidence was presented to suggest that there are more of them now because of Obama care. The OP looked out his window, saw one and said "It's Obama's fault!"

These have been popping up for years. Ever have a sinus infection and try to get a last minute appointment with your primary doctor and not be able to get an appointment for a week? That's why they are popping up all over the place.
Exactly right. They are great, not everything needs a doctor. I went in once and saved a lot of money. That isn't where you go for a heart attack, it's walk in stuff and frees up the hospitals a bit.

There is one here but it was here BEFORE obamacare and I have never gone there...I used to go to a regular Dr Office and ALWAYS saw the nurse practitioner and I liked her more than the Doctor. She was the one that got my MRI ordered and put me on my way to getting a major health problem fixed. Something another asshole doctor REFUSED to do because I had medicaid and so he just gave me pain meds for a year and made the problem worse.

I went to the Minute Clinic at CVS to get stitches removed. It was so simple, I didn't think waiting a few days to see the doctor was really worth it, nor did going to a hospital to have those stitches taken out make sense. So I popped in. The nurse practitioner did not have the scissors to cut the stitches. I had to buy nail scissors in the drug store and tweezers to pull the threads out. She didn't have those either. They weren't sterile, but at least new. Then she had trouble cutting the threads and the wound started bleeding a little. She did have gauze pads so I could use them. I got the stitches out, but can not speak for the competency of the personnel at the clinics.

What's really lame about the OP is that NO evidence was presented to suggest that there are more of them now because of Obama care. The OP looked out his window, saw one and said "It's Obama's fault!"

Since when did they ever need "evidence"? All they need is the excuse that a niggrah is in office whom they hate.

Everything is his fault.

I farted a while ago and blamed Obamacare.

It costs over $400 to walk into an ER and in some areas you have to sign yourself in. Most physicians close up shop by 5 or 6 PM. It's more cost effective.

Since when did they ever need "evidence"? All they need is the excuse that a niggrah is in office whom they hate.

Everything is his fault.

Since when do people need evidence, you ask. By reading. For example this article from 3 months ago for staters:

SNIPS:

WASHINGTON, December 16, 2013 — Obamacare has become a never-ending Opposite Day — the opposite of what was promised:

By 14-to-1, more people have lost health insurance than gained it due to Obamacare. Millions more will lose coverage next year.

Health insurance is not more affordable; it’s more expensive despite Obama’s promised savings of $2,500 per family per year.

Even if you like your plan, you cannot choose whether to keep it.

Even if you like your doctors, you cannot choose whether to keep them.

Even if you enrolled in Obamacare, there’s a good chance the website lost your data, and you aren’t really enrolled.

This is the most open, transparent and honest White House in history, except when you have an important question.

Many have decided to go without insurance, so look for an onslaught of personal disasters next year when newly-uninsured families suffer emergency needs. Even worse, their ranks will grow from millions more whose group policies will be wiped out next year by the harsh requirements of Obamacare.

Countless families face tragedies. As noted by California’s Rep. Darrell Issa, Obamacare puts a multitude of lives at risk. It didn’t have to happen, but President Obama and his know-it-all buddies made existing and affordable coverage illegal. It was outlawed.

Amateurs in health care but pros in political marketing----[read more]

Obamacare puts insurance coverage in decline by 14-to-1 margin | Washington Times Communities

Everything is his fault.

Since when do people need evidence, you ask. By reading. For example this article from 3 months ago for staters:

SNIPS:

WASHINGTON, December 16, 2013 — Obamacare has become a never-ending Opposite Day — the opposite of what was promised:

By 14-to-1, more people have lost health insurance than gained it due to Obamacare. Millions more will lose coverage next year.

Health insurance is not more affordable; it’s more expensive despite Obama’s promised savings of $2,500 per family per year.

Even if you like your plan, you cannot choose whether to keep it.

Even if you like your doctors, you cannot choose whether to keep them.

Even if you enrolled in Obamacare, there’s a good chance the website lost your data, and you aren’t really enrolled.

This is the most open, transparent and honest White House in history, except when you have an important question.

Many have decided to go without insurance, so look for an onslaught of personal disasters next year when newly-uninsured families suffer emergency needs. Even worse, their ranks will grow from millions more whose group policies will be wiped out next year by the harsh requirements of Obamacare.

Countless families face tragedies. As noted by California’s Rep. Darrell Issa, Obamacare puts a multitude of lives at risk. It didn’t have to happen, but President Obama and his know-it-all buddies made existing and affordable coverage illegal. It was outlawed.

Amateurs in health care but pros in political marketing----[read more]

Obamacare puts insurance coverage in decline by 14-to-1 margin | Washington Times Communities

Hitting them with facts! :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Forum List

Back