Have Dem voters been scared out of voting in person, or will both Parties come out in the same amount?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I was thinking of this the whole time down this home stretch. I was reminded of it when some in the Dem Party were advising their supporters to "no longer vote by mail, please vote in person".

What a strong shift in philosophy. Will Dem voters accept this, after months of being told it was not safe, and already sending out millions of ballots due to this promoted danger?

In addition, did Dems fire their best shots in the early ballot voting and they have created an environment in which their supporters are deathly afraid of voting in person, while Trump voters will be out in full force due to their more committed belief in democracy?

Something to consider that could be a HUGE benefit tomorrow. I don't know the answers, I'm just one man. :soapbox:

Democrats have mostly already voted. It's Republicans who have this hang-up about voting on Election Day. So any blocking of polling sites by TrumpISIS is mostly going to hurt Trump.

People will show up to vote. Just expect long lines and extended hours.
Didn't you already vote? I did.
I did, but I'm sure there are a lot that haven't.
I'm not so sure. With all the stories of Republican voter suppression and 8 hour lines I think an overwhelming number of Democrats either voted early, dropped them off, or mailed them in. I don't think anyone wanted to take a chance on waiting until Election Day and then having something happen that kept them from voting.

People will show up to vote. Just expect long lines and extended hours.
Didn't you already vote? I did.
I did, but I'm sure there are a lot that haven't.
I'm not so sure. With all the stories of Republican voter suppression and 8 hour lines I think an overwhelming number of Democrats either voted early, dropped them off, or mailed them in. I don't think anyone wanted to take a chance on waiting until Election Day and then having something happen that kept them from voting.

That's what is interesting, since according to some sites, I'm seeing only a 3% difference between Registered Party affiliation of voters in favor of the Dems. Even if unaffiliated broke the same way, that's only 6% more voting for the Dems, when GOP voters will vastly outnumber them tomorrow from what I've heard.

I was thinking of this the whole time down this home stretch. I was reminded of it when some in the Dem Party were advising their supporters to "no longer vote by mail, please vote in person".

What a strong shift in philosophy. Will Dem voters accept this, after months of being told it was not safe, and already sending out millions of ballots due to this promoted danger?

In addition, did Dems fire their best shots in the early ballot voting and they have created an environment in which their supporters are deathly afraid of voting in person, while Trump voters will be out in full force due to their more committed belief in democracy?

Something to consider that could be a HUGE benefit tomorrow. I don't know the answers, I'm just one man. :soapbox:
The dems told people the truth. And Trump lied about virus spread. And now the dems are saying if you haven't voted, you should chance getting sick to get rid of Trump.

That's why they are using dead people to vote. COVID does not harm the dead.

THIS IS THE TINIEST TIP OF THE ICEBERG: Florida Busts Attempt To Register Over Fifty Dead Democrats.

Rawstory?

I wouldn't trust Rawstory if they told me Trump was president.

Do you know nothing? Or is this just feigned ignorance?

You don't have to trust Raw Story for shit. You click the link and they cite their source in the first paragraph.

WHY DON'T YOU KNOW THIS BY NOW?

In this case, their source is the Los Angeles Times.
4i6Ckte.gif

I'm bitch-slapping wingnuts left and right today. Must be all their panic.

The bottom line though, since some Dems said "we have to send out all these unsolicited ballots because people can't vote in person", why is it now "go out and vote people!?"

Shouldn't they accept that no more votes will come since people can't vote in person safely? They complain about Trump but aren't they encouraging the virus to spread?

The bottom line though, since some Dems said "we have to send out all these unsolicited ballots because people can't vote in person", why is it now "go out and vote people!?"

Shouldn't they accept that no more votes will come since people can't vote in person safely? They complain about Trump but aren't they encouraging the virus to spread?
Here's the secret. They don't actually give a damn about their voters, so long as they get their vote.

Looking at early voting returns leads to this:

1604354355547.png

I voted today, expecting maybe 15 minutes in line.

It was over 90 minutes at 10am.

Poll workers say it's the biggest turnout they've ever seen and there were almost no obvious hippi-tree-huggers or suits (lawyers) in line.Two suspicious instances of Jesus shoes though there was ice on the parking lot and 23 MPH winds out of the north at 17-degrees. But one was wearing a MAGA mask so how that one voted is anybody's guess.

Forum List

Back