Has science proved there is no God?

The morality of the gods is lacking.

Doesn't "morality" change with time?

Much does, just like conceptions and inventions of gods.

Perhaps, but you haven't proven anything was invented. The pondering you had was about Morality and how God is fallible for being somewhat hypocritical.... but you then admit that morality changes. So is God hypocritical or does morality change over time?

Perhaps, but you haven't proven anything was invented. The pondering you had was about Morality and how God is fallible for being somewhat hypocritical.... but you then admit that morality changes. So is God hypocritical or does morality change over time?

"HollieAirhead." :lol: Now that's what I'm talkin' about. All fun and games. :lol:

Prove your gods. Then we'll know they weren't invented. Otherwise it's obvious your gods are simply reinterpretations of earlier gods.

Your gods certainly are hypocritical and as I already identified for you, you pointless name-caller, morality changes over time.

"HollieAirhead." :lol: Now that's what I'm talkin' about. All fun and games. :lol:

Yep. When the fundies are unable to support their arguments, they resort to juvenile name-calling.

The discovery of the Higgs Boson particle has led physicists to claim there can be no undiscovered particles, and there are no unknowns. So there can be no after life.
Watch the video and tell me why they are wrong.

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]Vrs-Azp0i3k[/MEDIA] Boson and the Fundamental Nature of Reality - Sean Carroll - Skepticon 5 - YouTube[/ame]

The video did clearly state the things science does not understand, and consciousness was one of them, so it is drawing an extremely long bow for the presenter to make rash claims about human existence or life after death.
Personal belief must have lead to his presumption, not science. Maybe someone could explain to him that consciousness is not material and therefore is not observable in a particle accelerator.

The discovery of the Higgs Boson particle has led physicists to claim there can be no undiscovered particles, and there are no unknowns. So there can be no after life.

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]Vrs-Azp0i3k[/MEDIA] Boson and the Fundamental Nature of Reality - Sean Carroll - Skepticon 5 - YouTube[/ame]

If something doesn't exist, you could never prove it. :)

If something doesn't exist, you could never prove it. :)
similar to that man made CO2 doesn't cause warming right?

Did the gods literally approve of incestuous relationships when Noah and his immediate family were left to populate the planet after the flood?

No, God didn't didn't approve of incestuous relationships. Noah's immediate family had already we'd their spouses before the flood. If you'd read the Bible, you'd know the answer to your question.

If there's one things humans have proven time and again it's that there is always more to science that what they happen to believe during their lifetimes.
When asking how the universe came to be you can go with ancient stories while humans evolve to not let cults rule our lives. We look to science because it doesnt claim their unbelievable stories and hypothesis is a fact that shouldn't be wuestioned.

You are banned from science. Not qualified. You can only think biblically. Including being subservant to your men ladies.

Did the gods literally approve of incestuous relationships when Noah and his immediate family were left to populate the planet after the flood?

No, God didn't didn't approve of incestuous relationships. Noah's immediate family had already we'd their spouses before the flood. If you'd read the Bible, you'd know the answer to your question.
Do you somehow believe the literal Noah fable?

Who did their children marry? They married their cousins. We come from kissing cousins.

Who did Adam and eves kids marry? We come from incest.

If there's one things humans have proven time and again it's that there is always more to science that what they happen to believe during their lifetimes.
When asking how the universe came to be you can go with ancient stories while humans evolve to not let cults rule our lives. We look to science because it doesnt claim their unbelievable stories and hypothesis is a fact that shouldn't be wuestioned.

You are banned from science. Not qualified. You can only think biblically. Including being subservant to your men ladies.

Sorry but you're not qualified to ban people from science or determine qualifications. Who the fuck do you think you are, assclown? You sure as hell don't have the market cornered on science, you can barely form coherent thoughts.

Let's get straight how people like you, Hollie and Ed view science. Theories which defy physics and nature are only allowable when they come from other atheist scientists. Those unsupported theories are trotted around as TRUTHS that can't be questioned. Any theory from someone religious is rejected on face value because someone religious proposed it. You don't care about evidence, only "peer review" from other like-minded atheists. Once that is in place, the atheist theory becomes a fact in your mind that can't ever be questioned or investigated further. If a religious person happens to get a theory peer reviewed, you still reject it because it came from a religious person and the theory is invalidated on that basis alone.

You defend your arguments by trying to claim atheist science theories are really not theories but "proven science" and it has been established as fact, while theories from religious people are just unprovable hypothesis. So-- Science exists, in your mind, to prop up and support anything that conforms to your disbelief in God and to categorically reject anything that might threaten that faith.

Who did their children marry? They married their cousins. We come from kissing cousins.

Marriage to cousins is not incest, just for clarification.

Also, Adam and Eve only had two children that we know about, Cain and Abel. Cain killed Abel and was cast out to the Land of Nod where he took a wife. The Bible doesn't indicate she was any relation. Many people misinterpret the Adam and Eve story and presume Adam and Eve were the only two people on the planet. The Bible never says that.

According to a close friend who is a biblical scholar (knows his shit), the story of Adam and Eve signifies the moment God first created man in His image, not the original creation of the species. There were already many humans on Earth when God made Adam and Eve. When God punished Adam and Eve for partaking of the tree of knowledge, they are told to "go forth and replenish" the Earth. Not propagate the Earth, but replenish. This is a very significant word.

Sorry but you're not qualified to ban people from science or determine qualifications. Who the fuck do you think you are, assclown? You sure as hell don't have the market cornered on science, you can barely form coherent thoughts.

Let's get straight how people like you, Hollie and Ed view science. Theories which defy physics and nature are only allowable when they come from other atheist scientists. Those unsupported theories are trotted around as TRUTHS that can't be questioned. Any theory from someone religious is rejected on face value because someone religious proposed it. You don't care about evidence, only "peer review" from other like-minded atheists. Once that is in place, the atheist theory becomes a fact in your mind that can't ever be questioned or investigated further. If a religious person happens to get a theory peer reviewed, you still reject it because it came from a religious person and the theory is invalidated on that basis alone.

You defend your arguments by trying to claim atheist science theories are really not theories but "proven science" and it has been established as fact, while theories from religious people are just unprovable hypothesis. So-- Science exists, in your mind, to prop up and support anything that conforms to your disbelief in God and to categorically reject anything that might threaten that faith.
Pontificating as usual. You're a stereotype for the anti-science, ICR wannabe. Did the Pat Robertson madrassah let you out early today?

Marriage to cousins is not incest, just for clarification.

Also, Adam and Eve only had two children that we know about, Cain and Abel. Cain killed Abel and was cast out to the Land of Nod where he took a wife. The Bible doesn't indicate she was any relation. Many people misinterpret the Adam and Eve story and presume Adam and Eve were the only two people on the planet. The Bible never says that.

According to a close friend who is a biblical scholar (knows his shit), the story of Adam and Eve signifies the moment God first created man in His image, not the original creation of the species. There were already many humans on Earth when God made Adam and Eve. When God punished Adam and Eve for partaking of the tree of knowledge, they are told to "go forth and replenish" the Earth. Not propagate the Earth, but replenish. This is a very significant word.

It's really only significant for you fundamentalist zealots.

I'm sorry if your theories dont stand up to peer review. Some people are even qualified to tell you exactly why you are wrong. We call them scientists.

I'm all ears. I like your god a lot more than the christian or Muslim god. I think if there is a creator he doesnt care. I love talking about this with theists that have dropped the god visited stories. Bout time.

Anyway you forget I told you I used to believe in god but didn't believe any organized religion. So trust me if I didnt really really really not believe in god I wouldnt have made the leap to athiest. Because even if there is a god all that matters is being good not believing in something without any good evidence just because boss thinks so.

Forum List

Back