Has Noah's Ark Been Found on Turkish Mountaintop?

Not to mention did they know how to treat wood back then? Sure, it was high up in the atmosphere, but to last almost 5000 out in the open (or even underground) without perishing immediately? Riiiiggghhhhttttt.....

Apparently you've never heard of petrified wood. I blame our public schools.

So...Againsheila....you wish to wag your finger at me being rude AFTER you made this comment to Dr. Grump? Seriously? Really?

Good question.

Not really...

If you read the article you would have noticed the accounts of carbon dating and wood analysis...

They would not be able to get carbon dating with petrified wood...it would no longer BE wood either.

I said carbon dating AND wood analysis...

The article doesn't say the entire find is petrified wood... It does mention carbon dating, so that means something must have been carbon dated...

There's your science...

Good question.

Not really...

If you read the article you would have noticed the accounts of carbon dating and wood analysis...

d'uh,

and that makes the actual scientists 99.9% sure that they found a ship, and not just a ship, but Noah's ark. lol

go back to your teevee, clown.

Your question was "Where is the science in this story?"

I pointed it out, not making any inferences or assumptions about the find...

Had you read the article you too would have clearly seen the "science"...

Next time, ask an adult to help you out, asshat...

Not really...

They would not be able to get carbon dating with petrified wood...it would no longer BE wood either.

The article doesn't say the entire find is petrified wood... It does mention carbon dating, so that means something must have been carbon dated...

There's your science...

Either it's petrified wood or it is not...I wish someone would make up their minds.

Yep, betcha if they simply said they found a 4000 year old wooden structure on Mt Ararat, they'd be interested, but because of the words "Noah's Ark", it must be a hoax.

Unfortunately, that is true. I never figured out why some react this way. They clearly have a problem with Judaism (or Christianity), but to let their bias get in the way of actual science is troubling.

where is the actual science in this story?

It's called archeology.

Not to mention did they know how to treat wood back then? Sure, it was high up in the atmosphere, but to last almost 5000 out in the open (or even underground) without perishing immediately? Riiiiggghhhhttttt.....

Apparently you've never heard of petrified wood. I blame our public schools.

So...Againsheila....you wish to wag your finger at me being rude AFTER you made this comment to Dr. Grump? Seriously? Really?

Yeah, well with that I was being sarcastic in an attempt at humor, it wasn't an intentional rudeness. With you, I was rude on purpose.

Yep, betcha if they simply said they found a 4000 year old wooden structure on Mt Ararat, they'd be interested, but because of the words "Noah's Ark", it must be a hoax.

Unfortunately, that is true. I never figured out why some react this way. They clearly have a problem with Judaism (or Christianity), but to let their bias get in the way of actual science is troubling.

Who's to say this is "Noah's" ark? Other religions, other cultures have flood stories too...how come it isn't one of their artifacts?

Good question...better question, why didn't you ask that before instead of just dismissing the whole story as fiction?

There's your science...

Either it's petrified wood or it is not...I wish someone would make up their minds.

If you read the article you'd know...

Who's to say this is "Noah's" ark? Other religions, other cultures have flood stories too...how come it isn't one of their artifacts?

Good question...better question, why didn't you ask that before instead of just dismissing the whole story as fiction?

Who said I dismissed the whole story as fiction?

except no evidence of global flooding in that time, along with how unreal the entire story is.

Billions of species of animals all fitting on a boat, crossing expanse areas.

Although likely there was a big flood in that region , and some guy had a boat with his farm animals, and that started the myth of Noah

Oh, I don't know. It might have something to do with history, ancient floods, geography, the study of ships from that time period, etc. (Sorry if I missed the joke, but that's a pretty funny question.)

Not really...

d'uh,

and that makes the actual scientists 99.9% sure that they found a ship, and not just a ship, but Noah's ark. lol

go back to your teevee, clown.

Your question was "Where is the science in this story?"

I pointed it out, not making any inferences or assumptions about the find...

Had you read the article you too would have clearly seen the "science"...

Next time, ask an adult to help you out, asshat...

oh, i read the article.

it is bullshit.

but it will be recycled.

Oh, I don't know. It might have something to do with history, ancient floods, geography, the study of ships from that time period, etc. (Sorry if I missed the joke, but that's a pretty funny question.)

if you missed a joke, it is contained in the story you linked to.

Turkish mountaintop?

pfffft

Try Hastings, NE

noah.jpg

Were the skunks onboard the Ark too or did they just pull them behind the Ark in a skiff or something?

that's a treacherous climb especially hauling that much wood, i'm gonna say it wasn't carried up, it is the ark.

$6787099.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back