Has anyone else crushed the market in 2020?

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
My 401K went up six figures in 2020, and that is after I took a penalty free withdrawal of $52K to pay off all my outstanding debt. I also took $20K and put it in E*Trade, and it has doubled in less than a year. 2020 was my best year ever, financially, mainly because of my investments in EV's and lithium battery producers, but most of my other holdings in my portfolio have climbed as well.

2020 was no horror show for me.

My 401K went up six figures in 2020, and that is after I took a penalty free withdrawal of $52K to pay off all my outstanding debt. I also took $20K and put it in E*Trade, and it has doubled in less than a year. 2020 was my best year ever, financially, mainly because of my investments in EV's and lithium battery producers, but most of my other holdings in my portfolio have climbed as well.

My penny stock in up 13,000....Im happy!!

I did excellent in 2020

It was like 2008, one of those prime investing years if you had the money to do it. I missed the boat in 2008 but didn't this year, except I passed on Tesla while I waited for the price to fall to around $300, while waiting the stock did a 4 way split and is now $800. Makes me sick to think of it.

Post election steal, Gold and Etherium at the end of 2020 were very good to me.

Investor confidence in the US dollar nosedived when the election was stolen.

Last edited:

My penny stock in up 13,000....Im happy!!
To stay happy...

You've made a nice gain, get out. Take the money and run.

I stayed about the same. I live within my means.

I have always lived within my means, usually below my means, and invest what's left over. After over 20 years of this I've built a fairly nice nest egg, with one goal in mind: retirement at 56. It's doable as long as the market doesn't crash or I move my investments into the bond market.

However, my investments have not reached maturity yet, there is still a growth phase in the coming years. I'm not moving anything.

I am at 18%.... but now you have to put in the hours. Stocks are so manipulated it is very difficult to keep up with the daily ups and downs.
At the same time, technicals are still important, but fundamentals often play only a minor role it what creates swings.. but are all completely affected by the whims of the market. Most of my assets are in traditional long term positions, but I make the most in short term folly of bottom feeding... buying the dips, selling the rise. So many small cap charts look like an EKG reading. Which is awesome, if you constantly look...look again...look again.

I am at 18%.... but now you have to put in the hours. Stocks are so manipulated it is very difficult to keep up with the daily ups and downs.
At the same time, technicals are still important, but fundamentals often play only a minor role it what creates swings.. but are all completely affected by the whims of the market. Most of my assets are in traditional long term positions, but I make the most in short term folly of bottom feeding... buying the dips, selling the rise. So many small cap charts look like an EKG reading. Which is awesome, if you constantly look...look again...look again.

In 2021 I'm at 19.5% presently, and ended 2020 even better than that. Back in April of 2020, I was at -35%, had lost over a third of my portfolio. I knew it would come back though, like it always does.

I don't do any day trading, don't spend much time looking at charts, but think it is extremely important to spot trends. In the 80's growth was with blue chips, the 90's were computers and software, the aughts was the tech stocks, the 10's were mega online retailers like Amazon, and the 20's are going to be green energy, namely EV's.

Don't know what THMO stands for.

I did excellent in 2020

It was like 2008, one of those prime investing years if you had the money to do it. I missed the boat in 2008 but didn't this year, except I passed on Tesla while I waited for the price to fall to around $300, while waiting the stock did a 4 way split and is now $800. Makes me sick to think of it.

Yep, I started buying in February as the market was on the downswing and continued buying into March and April. I got into Goldman Sachs at it's low at $130. Was in MGM at $11. A few others of note: I made a 75% gain on MRVL and a 90% gain on NEO. Currently up 30% on DKNG and am holding several others (BABA, CVS, CRM, BNL, and bought back into MRVL) I've also started scooping up a few cannabis stocks (TCNNF and HITIF). Made a quick "day trade" last week on TSNP and tripled my invested in three days.

I did excellent in 2020

Yep, I started buying in February as the market was on the downswing and continued buying into March and April. I got into Goldman Sachs at it's low at $130. Was in MGM at $11. A few others of note: I made a 75% gain on MRVL and a 90% gain on NEO. Currently up 30% on DKNG and am holding several others (BABA, CVS, CRM, BNL, and bought back into MRVL) I've also started scooping up a few cannabis stocks (TCNNF and HITIF). Made a quick "day trade" last week on TSNP and tripled my invested in three days.

That's great about MGM, because I was watching them and WYNN, but didn't buy in. You've got some really solid stocks there, BABA I almost bought years ago, when I found out they were the Chinese Amazon, but passed.

Speaking of NEO, I bought a pharmaceutical myself ARWR at around $32 and it currently is $88. I read about it on a forum like this one and decided I'd drop $2K on it, and it has paid off well. I bought around 10 different stocks since last Spring and everyone has seen gains between 35% to around 160%, investors have to take advantage of the bottom falling out.

Don't hold any DKNG but still made around $2K over the NFL season on it, about $700 of it on the Bucs and prop bets on the SB.

Thermogenesis Therapeutics
I lost with them since Wednesday, but no worries they will go back up next week. I have bought and sold them 3 times this year.
Bottom feeding, if you know who to follow and trust, can get fantastic returns. Take my co-worker who got into the markets 3 years ago with $1,000. He has almost $24,000 now... waiting till he hits $25k to officially level up to a day trader with the bene's that come with it.
The guy works out in the shop making $20/hr.[/QUOTE]

I did excellent in 2020

Cannabis is risky, but the rewards are there big if you choose the right one.
EV is the new big rise. Picking the right one is going to pay off BIG in the next 5 years. The time is now.

Anyone catch AMKR?..... niiice. Got 100 shares of them the first week in Feb for $17, sold for $23 I think it was Wednesday.
INVI also - look into these folks Identiv Inc. They got the contract to secure Bunker Mountain in Colorado.
I have some APVO also.... believe they will break up next week.

Thermogenesis Therapeutics
I lost with them since Wednesday, but no worries they will go back up next week. I have bought and sold them 3 times this year.
Bottom feeding, if you know who to follow and trust, can get fantastic returns. Take my co-worker who got into the markets 3 years ago with $1,000. He has almost $24,000 now... waiting till he hits $25k to officially level up to a day trader with the bene's that come with it.
The guy works out in the shop making $20/hr.

That's funny you say that. I also work with a guy in the shop, he makes about the same amount of money and he is my coworker and he spends 80% of every day on his computer researching stocks, the boss don't care, and he don't care, and while it frustrates me many times seeing him repeating this day after day, I also took his advice on a stock, went heavy when it was between $3 and $8 a share, and it is now $22. He made me a lot of money on that one, and I go to work to make money, so I'm not frustrated anymore with him. ;)

As a side note, I stole a glance at his 401K in December, he went from $250K in January to $500K at the end of the year. His holdings never once dipped in 2020, it was a steady climb upwards. I"m glad he has shared some of his holdings with me, it has really boosted my portfolio.

I did excellent in 2020

Cannabis is risky, but the rewards are there big if you choose the right one.
EV is the new big rise. Picking the right one is going to pay off BIG in the next 5 years. The time is now.

Couldn't agree more, and am absolutely banking on this. This feels like the internet did in 1996.

In 2021 I'm at 19.5% presently, and ended 2020 even better than that. Back in April of 2020, I was at -35%, had lost over a third of my portfolio. I knew it would come back though, like it always does.

I don't do any day trading, don't spend much time looking at charts, but think it is extremely important to spot trends. In the 80's growth was with blue chips, the 90's were computers and software, the aughts was the tech stocks, the 10's were mega online retailers like Amazon, and the 20's are going to be green energy, namely EV's.

US pot stocks are easy money too

LONG: CURLF, GTBIF, TCNNF, CRLBF, AYRWF, PLNHF

Forum List

Back