Harvard writer: Free speech threatens liberalism and must be destroyed

That is incorrect. Most people approve of censorship, if it serves their ideology.

But when you equate government censorship with the censorship of parental authority, you confound a vital distinction that goes to the essence of liberty.
Censorship is Censorship, and it has no business here.

Oh, I see. I'm talking to an idiot and a fascist . . . assuming you even grasp the implications of your blather. Never mind.

Last edited:
Wrong again. I just ain't bringing it in. If it shows up I will probably read it. I read a lot of pure right-wing crap.
So not bringing it in is different from keeping it out? Really? You expect anyone to believe that?
You should, because it''s true, and will unless you are really, really stupid, which is likely I'd say based on your last three posts.

Im not the one equating school standards with censorship. Einstein.

You're keeping it out of your house. According to you that's censorship. Fascist.
Wrong again. I just ain't bringing it in. If it shows up I will probably read it. I read a lot of pure right-wing crap.
So not bringing it in is different from keeping it out? Really? You expect anyone to believe that?

Of course "not bringing it in" is not censorship.
If someone else brought it in and you threw it out - now THAT is censorship.

Don't think so, I spent my time in pre-med, Economics and Psychology focus....gave up pre-med when I realized that meant about 10 more years of school.

Ever take a class in the Classics Dept? That was my dept.

Too bad. But you're better off. Being a doctor these days sounds miserable. Every doctor I know is unhappy, and looking forward to being even more so under Obamacare.

Are y'all pathetic tar heels?

The economics is pretty well established. What you see are pseudo-economists with an agenda writing total crap. Allen Blinder is one example. Paul Krugman another. These people need to be shot. I'll bet their colleagues are laughing at them.

As if on cue one of the shouters speaks up.

Man, you really are dumb. Okay, moving on...

Not as dumb as a bunch of people that think a person should be censured for criticizing Muslims when he actually criticized Hindus.
That person would also be dumb. Censorship is an outrage but lots of people support it, if it helps them that is.

Excuse me, genius, I said censure, not censor. Grab a dictionary of you don't understand the difference.

Yes, it is. It's a restriction of knowledge, in this case to protect Faith. You don't have to open your mouth to tell a lie. You don't have to burn a book to censor knowledge, and most people approve of restricting knowledge, if they don't like what it says.

The only people who approve of censorship are fascists. Most people are not fascists.
That is incorrect. Most people approve of censorship, if it serves their ideology.

The fact that most people want their viewpoints heard does not mean they want to suppress those of others.

We also believe in equality, like being able to shop in the same stores.

I believe in freedom.

Have you ever read Kurt Vonnegut, or is he outside your government approved reading list?

SparkNotes: Harrison Bergeron: Vonnegut?s Political and Social Critique
I believe in freedom as well but in a society, freedom, like all things, has limitations. The only total freedom is Anarchy.

The only limitations on your freedom are the ones you put there.

I know that you won't get that, but it had to be said.

The only people who approve of censorship are fascists. Most people are not fascists.

I do not believe 'most people approve of censorship.' However I have no way to proving my opinion. I can only say that America was founded on the individual liberty to voice any opinion without government intervention. I like to think that most Americans fully believe in the First Amendment. But, with decades of statist progressive thought having been programmed in many, I could be wrong.

It is apparent that many in our government, including Big Ears, does not believe in the First Amendment.

If he was right that most people support censorship CISPA would have sailed through Congress last year.

Censorship is Censorship, and it has no business here.

Do you subscribe to American Spectator? No? You're guilty of censorship. And you have no place here.
Dunce.
Not buying something is not the same as trying to keep others from reading it. Let the nonsense be posted far and wide, so we can laugh at it.

Tell that to the idiots that think that a miniscule cut in government funding is censorship.

Wait, that is you.

Do you subscribe to American Spectator? No? You're guilty of censorship. And you have no place here.
Dunce.
Not buying something is not the same as trying to keep others from reading it. Let the nonsense be posted far and wide, so we can laugh at it.

Tell that to the idiots that think that a miniscule cut in government funding is censorship.

Wait, that is you.
I'm very unlikely to say that, unless the cut is Political, and they often are.

Wait, that is you.

no shit, politics in Washington????
I'd prefer not having liberals force their beliefs on people and now they force us to buy shit we don't want.

Michelle Obama on Jimmy Fallon: 'Knucklehead' Kids Need Insurance | TIME.com

I agree with Michelle, they are knuckleheads because they voted for her, but dam did Michelle O turn quick.

People don't want to buy insurance, why should they?

Yes and she is saying that liberals will judge what is right and wrong and will claim any other opinions are harmful and should be silenced. That is what she wants. Just like Gore, who is likely one of her idols, she wants no more debates on anything.

What we are seeing here is the perfect example of a fully indoctrinated student, the pride of the liberal educators. The left "educates" students by pushing opinions as facts. Educated does not always mean intelligent and this girl proves it.
She will learn. Go to the South and tell the Christian parents that you're going to teach Comprehensive Sex Ed and Comparative Religion in the schools. You will find that censorship becomes all the rage as they try to keep anything like that away from their kiddos.

You mean the people who believe that certain things are still the responsibility of the parents? Some are religious and should be the ones to teach their children about certain things. Schools are also teaching children at a younger age. Funny that schools got away from teaching the basics. Kids have graduated from high school without being able to read or write, but they go with their free condoms and liberal views. Not hard to figure out what is most important to liberals. If students aren't good at math, it's easier to lie about the numbers when they tell them how the economy is doing or how Obamacare will help people.

Should schools respect the religion of families when deciding what is mandatory in the curriculum?

Funny, you have taken time to bash Christians yet again, yet don't say anything about Muslims not wanting to learn about other religions, sex education or even the Holocaust.

Last edited:

Wait, that is you.

I'd prefer not having liberals force their beliefs on people and now they force us to buy shit we don't want.

I agree with Michelle, they are knuckleheads because they voted for her, but dam did Michelle O turn quick.

The government and society have beliefs. If you don't like them, try to change them or move to an island. If you can't do either of those then STFU.

Should schools respect the religion of families when deciding what is mandatory in the curriculum?

Funny, you have taken time to bash Christians yet again, yet don't say anything about Muslims not wanting to learn about other religions, sex education or even the Holocaust.
1. No. 2. Hasn't come up but the answer is the same.

Thank goodness we have watchdogs like the Daily Pisser to tell us what crazy things college students are writing...

These are matters of great import.

Have they ever reported the crazy shit conservative college kids are writing these days?

Wait, that is you.

Let me explain something to you, everything the government does is political.

That said, you just admitted that you, as a (self proclaimed) liberal, consider not spending money on something censorship, except when you agree with it. That makes you about as unliberal as it is possible to get.

The government and society have beliefs. If you don't like them, try to change them or move to an island. If you can't do either of those then STFU.

Government and society are not capable of having beliefs, only individuals can have them.

Wait, that is you.

Let me explain something to you, everything the government does is political.

That said, you just admitted that you, as a (self proclaimed) liberal, consider not spending money on something censorship, except when you agree with it. That makes you about as unliberal as it is possible to get.
Not spending money on something can be censorship and I don't censor anything, but most people are happy too, if it helps their cause.

Sandra-Korn.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^The big nose, bushy curly hair, and Ivy league scum bag liberal...oh and the typical large dark rimmed studious glasses, with that obnoxious know it all, arrogant face.

Harvard writer: Free speech threatens liberalism and must be destroyed | The Daily Caller

If this Harvard University student got her way, free speech on campus would be abolished and professors with dissenting views fired, because radical leftism is the only permissible political philosophy and the First Amendment is a barrier preventing modern colleges from fulfilling their proper role as indoctrination camps.

Her name is Sandra Korn. She is a senior at Harvard and columnist for the Harvard Crimson.

In a recent column, Korn unambiguously insisted that the university should stop guaranteeing professors and students the right to hold controversial views and pursue research that challenges liberalism.

“If our university community opposes racism, sexism, and heterosexism, why should we put up with research that counters our goals?” asked Korn in her column.

The column’s subtitle was even more direct: “Let’s give up on academic freedom in favor of justice.”

Korn cited several instances of perspectives that clashed with her own being banned from campus as triumphant examples of the way Harvard should be run. The firing of Subramanian Swamy, a Harvard summer school instructor who was dismissed for his anti-Islamic views, was one such triumph.

She also invoked the academic boycott of Israel — something condemned by Harvard President Drew Faust and numerous other university presidents — as an example of the kind of tactics leftists should defend and use in order to get their way on campus.

Korn did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The cesspool of shit these universities are producing is truly frightening. Basically, all liberal scumbags.
She's obviously no fan of the Amendment that guarantees her the right to exercise hers and the liberty to be a WHORE to tyranny. SHE should be careful for what she wishes for.

Forum List

Back