Harvard Profs Cornell West v Dershowitz debate BDS, etc

abu afak

ALLAH SNACKBAR!
Mar 3, 2006
Saw a rebroadcast of this Dec 1 debate in Dallas last night on c-span. (with transcript)

A good faith, even friendly, exchange I think between West and Dershowitz on the singular use of BDS against Israel, when it isn't used against what Cornel West admits are "160" WORSE countries in the Human Rights department. Despite conceding that, I believe he argues from a good faith/Not-intentionally-bigoted position.

I do not agree with BDS, though I think someone needs to straighten out Netanyahu and his Right Wing Govt, who have no offered or stated Border position. They just keep nibbling.. to where?
`

Last edited:
Right of return, end the occupation, problem solved.

Last edited:
Dershowitz is a proven liar. Cornel West shouldn't waste his time on bottom feeders.

Dershowitz is a proven liar. Cornel West shouldn't waste his time on bottom feeders.
Antifa is an anarchist brownshirt strong-arm organization, not debate group.

It appears from the view count, many at least partially watched the video, but none of those who commented on it.
`

It appears from the view count, many at least partially watched the video, but none of those who commented on it.
`
I don't waste my time on Dershowitz because I already know his games. He starts with an ad hom then continues to use tricks and tell lies about his debate opponent instead of focusing on the debate topic.

Much like we see here from those who have know idea what they are talking about.

Saw a rebroadcast of this Dec 1 debate in Dallas last night on c-span. (with transcript)

A good faith, even friendly, exchange I think between West and Dershowitz on the singular use of BDS against Israel, when it isn't used against what Cornel West admits are "160" WORSE countries in the Human Rights department. Despite conceding that, I believe he argues from a good faith/Not-intentionally-bigoted position.

I do not agree with BDS, though I think someone needs to straighten out Netanyahu and his Right Wing Govt, who have no offered or stated Border position. They just keep nibbling.. to where?
`
This was painful to watch. West is not that well versed on the issues and Dershowitz is a lying sack of crap.

This was painful to watch. West is not that well versed on the issues and Dershowitz is a lying sack of crap.
Painful because West couldn't make the case. He was going on 'feel.'
Dershowitz is an idiot, but know much more bout the conflict/issue.
`

`
BDS acts against Israel, not against Netanyahu. It's up to Israelis to decide who and how rules Israel. What thinks "someone" outside of Israel is irrelevant.

`
`

I support BDS. That's good enough for me.

hmm...from what I've observed here this statement seems to be spot on.
It's mainly a Western movement driven by needs of self-image.

The question is will Your feeling good about it result in mutual recognition?

`

Antifascists are "brownshirts". Now that's Orwellian double-speak at its best.

Forum List

Back