Harvard Campus: 'A Culture of Sensitivity'

American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Like I tell my family and friends, act liberal, get the degree, then tell the college to fuck off...
Harvard Student Describes Life on Campus: 'A Culture of Sensitivity'
"… a place where one has to monitor every syllable that is uttered to ensure that it could not under any circumstance offend anyone to the slightest degree."

Trey Sanchez

Rachel Huebner is a student at Harvard University and is fed up with the current progressive culture that has swept college campuses by storm and left the inmate warriors running the social-justice asylum.

A staff writer for The Harvard Crimson, Huebner recently wrote an opinion piece, "A Culture of Sensitivity," in which she expressed a longing for a time, pre-college, when there was still value placed on the marketplace of ideas:

I used to believe that open discourse was a value all Americans hold dear. I presumed that when asked about what makes America so unique, many Americans would respond that our pluralistic society is the foundation of so much of our success. That it was understood that without a marketplace of ideas, our society simply could not flourish.

But then I started college.

Now a sophomore, Huebner is no longer under any illusion that she will be able to engage in meaningful discourse while attending Harvard. College culture, she said, is no longer dictated by open expression but overrun by sensitivity:

Harvard Student Describes Life on Campus: 'A Culture of Sensitivity'

Last edited:
And other universities look on Harvard as some über-conservative enclave. That's how divorced from reality academia has become.

Ah college where new ideas are welcomed, challenged, discussed, debated and at the end of the day, it's beers and laughs all around.
Libtarts don't like to debate unless their all up in your face as loud as they can get with plenty of back up. The only way you can get a word in is to go upside they head...
This fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

A handful of student attending one university is not ‘representative’ of ‘all liberals.’

The thread premise is as idiotic and it is wrong.

Ah college where new ideas are welcomed, challenged, discussed, debated and at the end of the day, it's beers and laughs all around.
Libtarts don't like to debate unless their all up in your face as loud as they can get with plenty of back up. The only way you can get a word in is to go upside they head...
This fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

A handful of student attending one university is not ‘representative’ of ‘all liberals.’

The thread premise is as idiotic and it is wrong.
I see you have cock on the brain again and it is wrong, rolmao...

What University 'Snowflakes' Are Really About
A key factor feeding the campus "safe space" culture.
April 6, 2016
Bruce Thornton
safe-space-campus-protest.jpg

America’s privileged students at elite colleges and universities continue to be traumatized by speech they find “hurtful” and “threatening.” Last November at Yale it was a faculty email suggesting that students should lighten up on policing Halloween costumes for racial insensitivity. At the University of Missouri, some students were offended by the administration’s failure to investigate and punish alleged racial slurs. A Harvard student recently told FOX News’ Meghan Kelly that displaying the American flag in a dorm room or just being in the same class with a pro-life student is hurtful and insensitive. Now students at Emory University are experiencing “pain,” “fear,” and “frustration” over messages supporting Donald Trump that were written in chalk on campus sidewalks. At Scripps College, #Trump2016 written on a dorm whiteboard was called “racist” and “intentional violence.”

There’s been no end of commentary on these incidents. Some have correctly pointed out that they are the fruit of nearly four decades of the progressive and leftist transformation of the university. Once a protected space for truth, independent thought, and free speech, now universities are training centers for left-wing cadres and commissars intolerant of political heresy and opposing points of view. Listen to the vice-president of the Missouri Students Association, responding to questions about the professor who had asked for “muscle” to scare off a journalist covering a protest. “I personally am tired of hearing that First Amendment rights protect students when they are creating a hostile and unsafe learning environment for myself and for other students here.”

It is safe to say that all this largesse will amount to at least hundreds of millions of dollars distributed to faculty, staff, administrators, and students, especially those “of color” no matter how privileged. And that’s what the “snowflakes” are really about: activists who extort and leverage money and power from institutions of higher education that have abandoned their mission to transmit knowledge and turn students into independent critical thinkers worthy of political freedom.

What University 'Snowflakes' Are Really About

Forum List

Back