Happy New Year From Seattle

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
Every New Years there's a party and fireworks at the Space Needle. There wasn't a party this year but we got treated to something I think that is very cool.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Watch this video it's so cool.

I guess it's cool, but it's anti-climactic, I think. At the end of the day, it's just some fancy effects which, let's face it, could be done anytime with no inconvenience to anyone. Now, if they could do that and have half a million people show up, that be something.

My daughter lives in Seattle, and she was telling me about it. They can see the Space Needle from their apartment. Not that that means anything with regards to this, but she's got a nice view...

I guess it's cool, but it's anti-climactic, I think. At the end of the day, it's just some fancy effects which, let's face it, could be done anytime with no inconvenience to anyone. Now, if they could do that and have half a million people show up, that be something.

My daughter lives in Seattle, and she was telling me about it. They can see the Space Needle from their apartment. Not that that means anything with regards to this, but she's got a nice view...

It's usually just fireworks from the top of the space needle with a huge party going on at the Seattle Center and Pike Place Market.

We couldn't do that this year so we got treated to that beautiful display.

I enjoyed watching it last night and wanted to share it with the board.

I'm sorry you didn't like it.

It's usually just fireworks from the top of the space needle with a huge party going on at the Seattle Center and Pike Place Market.

Seattle
No wonder your view of the world is so skewed.

Baaaaaaa

Oh, don't misunderstand. It was fine; Certainly a laudable display of technical prowess. I just hate that 2020 and the pandemic has pushed us to the point where something like that should be an acceptable alternative. I mean, c'mon, there's nothing quite like that thump in your chest when the mortars explode...

Every New Years there's a party and fireworks at the Space Needle. There wasn't a party this year but we got treated to something I think that is very cool.

That is wicked cool! Thanks for sharing.

Can you imagine what kind of concert experience you could get with tech like that? At Red Rocks maybe?
Pink Floyd? Denver Symphony?

thanx for sharing this!

My daughter and I saw the Space Needle show 6 or 7 years ago. It was cool but not THAT cool. The Laser Technology is just kray-kray now! :cool-45:

This new experience was developed by Terry Morgan, owner of Seattle-based Modern Enterprises and founder of BOREALIS - A Festival of Light, in partnership with Maxin10sity, the co-producers of BOREALIS.

terryMorgan.jpg

Oh, don't misunderstand. It was fine; Certainly a laudable display of technical prowess. I just hate that 2020 and the pandemic has pushed us to the point where something like that should be an acceptable alternative. I mean, c'mon, there's nothing quite like that thump in your chest when the mortars explode...

Well the virus made that not possible this year.

So when handed lemons, we made lemonade.

That is wicked cool! Thanks for sharing.

I thought so too. I watched it last night expecting to just see fireworks coming out of the top of the Needle.

It as a very good surprise to see what they did this year.

I hope they continue to do it that way.

Can you imagine what kind of concert experience you could get with tech like that? At Red Rocks maybe?
Pink Floyd? Denver Symphony?

thanx for sharing this!

OMG that would be so cool.

However I would have it done at the Gorge Amphitheater. The acoustics are much better.

My daughter and I saw the Space Needle show 6 or 7 years ago. It was cool but not THAT cool. The Laser Technology is just kray-kray now! :cool-45:

This new experience was developed by Terry Morgan, owner of Seattle-based Modern Enterprises and founder of BOREALIS - A Festival of Light, in partnership with Maxin10sity, the co-producers of BOREALIS.

terryMorgan.jpg

When I was young I used to go to the party with friends at the Seattle Center or Pike Place Market. It's a great party. Then watch the fireworks shot off from the top of the Needle.

The parties weren't possible this year. So we got an extra special treat.

Very imaginative and beautiful. I am old school though and prefer real fireworks lighting the sky and going BOOM.

There were fireworks in the show. It was just mixed with the lasers.

The end was the grand finale with a bunch of fireworks out of the top of the needle.

It was great. I hope you enjoyed it.

terryMorgan.jpg

When I was young I used to go to the party with friends at the Seattle Center or Pike Place Market. It's a great party. Then watch the fireworks shot off from the top of the Needle.

Yep, we had lots of fun. It was a really cool family atmosphere and vibe. The energy when you are looking up with tens of thousands of others was cathartic and connecting to the rest of humanity.

Pretty sure we stayed here - HIGHLY recommended. Just a block or two from the Needle and a million other things. We did the Paul Allen Hendrix Experience deal and a bunch of other stuff while there too and were able to check in with our little doggie!

terryMorgan.jpg

Yep, we had lots of fun. It was a really cool family atmosphere and vibe. The energy when you are looking up with tens of thousands of others was cathartic and connecting to the rest of humanity.

Pretty sure we stayed here - HIGHLY recommended. Just a block or two from the Needle and a million other things. We did the Paul Allen Hendrix Experience deal and a bunch of other stuff while there too and were able to check in with our little doggie!

I used to live on Queen Anne hill so all I had to do was walk to the space needle. No problem finding parking.

It was always a fun evening.

I hope we will be able to go back to it next year.

I've done a lot of work with the Experience Music Project through the years. It's now renamed MoPop.

The only reason that museum exists is because Paul Allen bought a Jimi Hendrix guitar. He wanted to put it and a statue of Jimi in the Zoo but the old people on the city counsel in the 80s wouldn't allow it.

So to let the city counsel know what Paul Allen thought of them, he bought some of the most prime land in the city. Right there on 5th avenue at the Seattle Center.

He built that museum for that guitar and a statue to Hendrix. The city counsel hated it.

The rest of us LOVED IT.

What happened to the guitar and statue? That's the best part.

That guitar is in the museum with other guitars.

The statue of Jimi was made and it's in the Zoo exactly where Paul Allen wanted it.

We voted a new city counsel in the 90s. Who then allowed the statue in the Zoo.

A copy of the statue is also on Capital Hill on Broadway outside an art store.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back