Happy Good Friday/Easter...

I also celebrate easter with the same meaning resurrection of Christ and with similar traditions painted eggs easter ham and lamb and such but next week because we orthodox have another church calendar. I wished we would accept the new calendar though it is more correct. We use an outdated old calendar the julian calendar and that we celebrate like all other christians on the same date.
IMG_2458.JPG

I also celebrate easter with the same meaning resurrection of Christ and with similar traditions painted eggs easter ham and lamb and such but next week because we orthodox have another church calendar. I wished we would accept the new calendar though it is more correct. We use an outdated old calendar the julian calendar and that we celebrate like all other christians on the same date.
View attachment 256851
What kind of orthodox are you? Greek, Russian, Syrian, Chalcedonian...?

View attachment 256851
What kind of orthodox are you? Greek, Russian, Syrian, Chalcedonian...?

Serbian-Orthodox

Christ is risen. Truly he is risen. Praise the Lord. I wish a happy Easter Sunday to all Christians who celebrate today. I celebrate next sunday the same thing (The resurrection of Christ). With very similar traditions. Painted Eggs, Easter Ham, roasted Lamb. Easter Bunny etc. But we Orthodox have another church calendar hence coming sunday.

Christus.jpg

Christ is risen. Truly he is risen. Praise the Lord. I wish a happy Easter Sunday to all Christians who celebrate today. I celebrate next sunday the same thing (The resurrection of Christ). With very similar traditions. Painted Eggs, Easter Ham, roasted Lamb. Easter Bunny etc. But we Orthodox have another church calendar hence coming sunday.

View attachment 257078

Your heart may be in the right place, but many of those traditions are pagan in origin. Also, God said He wants mercy, not sacrifice (Hosea 6:6) so I don't want to be controversial here, but I think it's terrible that so many christians don't see a problem with killing and eating babies on this day, when it's not only cruel but completely unnecessary.

Forum List

Back