happy birthday Marines

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
..and a special salute to Mr Harmonica who is guarding the streets of heaven---it's crazy up ''there''
..a Chosin veteran...Chosin =
minus thirty degrees!!! VERY cold!!!
surrounded
greatly outnumbered
snowy icy hills to climb
....but they got the job done

If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes, They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines.

Last edited:
..and a special salute to Mr Harmonica who is guarding the streets of heaven---it's crazy up ''there''
surrounded
greatly outnumbered
snowy icy hills to climb

If the Army and the Navy
Remember it's not just that these young men died, but it is that no one knows what they were fighting for in the first place...................................

Last edited:
1605031502886.png

surrounded
greatly outnumbered
snowy icy hills to climb

If the Army and the Navy
Remember it's not just that these young men died, but it is that no one knows what they were fighting for in the first place...................................
they are fighting the people that attacked us on 9/11--etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

surrounded
greatly outnumbered
snowy icy hills to climb

If the Army and the Navy
they are fighting the people that attacked us on 9/11--etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually the people that attacked us on 911 all died in the crash?

Really r u that stupid

I thank God for my wonderful father who served as a Marine in the Pacific Theater in WWII. Happy Anniversary Dad. If you were here you would be one hundred and three. Thank you for being always faithful to your family through thick and thin, and the many sites where you served, coaching and teaching wherever you went, every day of your life committed to the welfare of this nation and helped preserve our rights as enumerated in our nation's Constitution.

Please plead our cause to the Lord above that our republic remains faithful to Him our God Almighty and faithful to each other in seeing to the goodness and fairness of doing right, never wrong. Thanks Dad. Semper fi. ♡♡♡♡♡

I thank God for my wonderful father who served as a Marine in the Pacific Theater in WWII. Happy Anniversary Dad. If you were here you would be one hundred and three. Thank you for being always faithful to your family through thick and thin, and the many sites where you served, coaching and teaching wherever you went, every day of your life committed to the welfare of this nation and helped preserve our rights as enumerated in our nation's Constitution.

Please plead our cause to the Lord above that our republic remains faithful to Him our God Almighty and faithful to each other in seeing to the goodness and fairness of doing right, never wrong. Thanks Dad. Semper fi. ♡♡♡♡♡
That is creepy because my father served at the battle of Okinawa and was also born in 1917................................

This is actually my father in law on Leyte in 45, got great photos of him

That is creepy because my father served at the battle of Okinawa and was also born in 1917................................

My Dad spent 18 months in a Japanese Prisoner of war in WWII. He was called back to Korea in my infancy, and my first memory of him was when I was 4 years old. The family made a fuss over him AFTER my mean cousin Linda, 4 years my senior, bit him really hard on his wounded leg that sported a piece of metal on him for life due to its peril to artery or some such.

Bless your dear father, esalla. I hear that was a hard fought hand to hand fight in Okinawa. I hope your dad didn't go to a pow camp like the one my dad escaped from but through a series of miracles found an American outpost wherever it was. I never heard the story directly from him, just bits and pieces, and got to read his partial service in his obituary years ago.

Last edited:

My Dad spent 18 months in a Japanese Prisoner of war in WWII. He was called back to Korea in my infancy, and my first memory of him was when I was 4 years old. The family made a fuss over him AFTER my mean cousin Linda, 4 years my senior, bit him really hard on his wounded leg that sported a piece of metal on him for life due to its peril to artery or some such.

Bless your dear father, esalla. I hear that was a hard fought hand to hand fight in Okinawa. I hope your dad didn't go to a pow camp like the one my dad escaped from but through a series of miracles found an American outpost wherever it was. I never heard the story directly from him, just bits and pieces, and got to read his partial service in his obituary years ago.

Your Dad escaped from a Jap POW camp? r u serious

Last edited:
Yes, it's true. He escaped the Japanese after 18 months. He was a Marine and always true. He tolerated no lies of any kind and let the chips fall where they would.

Yeah I'm serious. Loop
Not only was he a superintendent of schools in a small town in Webb County, he spent his spare time most years elsewhere coaching teams of mathletes who won all the state interscholastic league slide rule contests for 10 or more years running.

His math iq was off the charts, and so were those of his mathlete competitors. :thanks:

Last edited:

Not only was he a superintendent of schools in a small town in Webb County, he spent his spare time most years elsewhere coaching teams of mathletes who won all the state interscholastic league slide rule contests for 10 or more years running.

His math iq was off the charts, and so were those of his mathlete competitors. :thanks:

I do not care about math, I wanna know what POW camp he escaped in WW2 and why after that he still went to Korea.

I do not care about math, I wanna know what POW camp he escaped in WW2 and why after that he still went to Korea.

He loved his country, esalla. They used his physical and mental abilities, so quite frequently we had 48 hours to go wherever they sent him in the cold war or school districts so corrupt it took a mean fighting machine to whip a corruption or two. I recall coming home from school twice when mama had a truck half filled with family belongings, which weren't much for a guy with 5 smartass, competitive kids. <giggle>

I don't know, esalla. Dad NEVER talked war, never brought his work home. And his WWII preceded my birth by at least one year, maybe more. Some of his assignments weren't known to anyone but him and at least one president. I was there. But kids in my family were protected from his work by him and my dear mother.

He taught me to swim the hard way. You don't wanna know. :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:

He loved his country, esalla. They used his physical and mental abilities, so quite frequently we had 48 hours to go wherever they sent him in the cold war or school districts so corrupt it took a mean fighting machine to whip a corruption or two. I recall coming home from school twice when mama had a truck half filled with family belongings, which weren't much for a guy with 5 smartass, competitive kids. <giggle>

I don't know, esalla. Dad NEVER talked war, never brought his work home. And his WWII preceded my birth by at least one year, maybe more. Some of his assignments weren't known to anyone but him and at least one president. I was there. But kids in my family were protected from his work by him and my dear mother.

I would love to know how you learned to swim....................

20th century Marines would joke about the Corps created in a tavern but every Marine remembers the date just like they remember their own birthday. Semper Fi.

OK, but it wasn't a Marine bath. It went something like "Noooooo, Daddy,noooo: cough, sputter,, noooo!!!" :eek:

OK, but it wasn't a Marine bath. It went something like "Noooooo, Daddy,noooo: cough, sputter,, noooo!!!" :eek:

OK Doc.

Really r u that stupid

Forum List

Back