Happy Anniversary

" Steel tower (and thousands of Japanese civilians ) vaporized", and the New York Times accepts it without question. The dirty little secret was that racism towards the Japanese was endemic in the FDR administration and it's possible and likely that both the egghead scientists and the administration were just dying to try out their new weapon on people they considered to be sub-human. It should be noted that FDR all but suspended the 1st Amendment for the duration of the War and the media became a willing or unwilling part of government propaganda. The media must have known that the Japanese were defeated and had little or no defense for the daylight bombing raids and their air force was virtually non existent while their navy was leaderless and dead in the water while they were desperately trying to negotiate surrender terms but Truman wouldn't even talk to them. Ironically the big hang up was not executing the Emperor and his life was spared anyway after Truman authorized the use of two nuclear devices on civilian populations for the first and only time in history. I served my Country honorably in the Military but the crime against humanity that the Truman administration and the eggheads perpetrated makes me ashamed and sick. Worst of all is the the dishonest propaganda that they fed to Americans that justified it for the next 70 years.

Last edited:
Dome_A_d'_Hiroshima.jpg

It's mainly Hiroshima citizens who still cannot get over it as the Atomic Bomb Dome is carefully preserved in the city centre to remind people in Hiroshima of what happened 71 years ago. There was a short TV broadcast commemorating the event nationally but most Japanese people do not care about the issue anymore. I think we need to overcome the victim mindset and stop whining about Hiroshima. Wars are atrocious by nature and millions of people were routinely killed in major wars anyways.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back