Hand Ray Nagin A Crying Towel

Do ya think I should start drawing him little storybook pictures? Maybe if I use more smilies.

Perhaps something like this:

stick%20figures.gif

Not one of us can explain unless we were down there. Just guessing, but maybe he thought this was the apocalypse and wanted to get shit-faced instead of dying with a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread.

Nagin could have fed them all chocolate.

BAck to the topic at hand, Nagin is preparing his speech on the one year anniversary of Katrina

It's pretty easy to judge someone when you've never walked in their shoes.

You know, if we can't judge a looter caught on camera with a case of stolen beer, I don't know who the hell we CAN judge.

I haven't seen many of your posts, Chad, but I bet you're the type who has no problem "judging" middle class whites who obey the law, Christians who oppose abortion, successful businesspeople, etc. Liberals, I've noticed, are the most damn judgmental people on Earth. They judge like we breathe.

Ragin' Ray's New York dodge

Challenged by "60 Minutes" on the fact that, a year after Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans is still a slough of debris and despond, Mayor Ray Nagin responded with a comment that has echoed across the land. "You guys in New York City," said he, "can't get a hole in the ground fixed, and it's five years later. So let's be fair."
Okay, Ray, let's be fair.

Since New Yorkers are perfectly aware of that "hole" and what originally caused it and the abysmal lack of political willpower that leaves it barren unto this day, tell us something we don't know, as America, approaching the one-year Katrina anniversary, calls you and many others to account.

Tell us why you would compare an act of war with - no, not an act of God - but with the scandalous inaction by Louisiana officials that cost lives. It's not as if you had been taken by surprise by the storm and its severity. Or the fact that the levees didn't hold. Or that - well gollee, Gomer - tens of thousands of people rescued from the floodwaters would need shelter, food and water.

Tell us why you didn't order an evacuation until 15 hours before Katrina made landfall and a full 24 hours after at least two Louisiana parishes had so ordered. Tell us why, when shelter - in the Superdome and the Convention Center - proved wholly inadequate, when neither food nor water was being provided, as the bodies of the dead piled up, and as frantic people languished in sweltering heat on highways and byways waiting for someone, anyone, to help them, no one did. Tell us where the buses and ambulances were. Tell us why it took days and days for any semblance of an evacuation to begin.

Yes, yes, yes, Mayor Nagin, you had a governor and a President who were grossly ineffectual, too. We know that. But right now the focus is on you. So tell us, and your citizens, why your city is still such a mess after a full 12 months and the expenditure of untold amounts of money. We're not talking about rebuilding from the ground up. We only want to know why there are still flood-damaged cars in the street.

And, yes, Mayor Nagin, you were given a tough job, an immense job, a job not of your choosing. Things take time. No one expects miracles. And there may be good reasons for today's state of affairs. If so, please explain without seeking refuge in the failures of others - those being failures that we in New York know only too well.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ideas_opinions/story/446715p-376103c.html

God i can't stand nagin. he was on c-span for a black journalists event and i just wanted to yell out loud. I can only imagine what he's gonna say about Bush. He's probably goona say "Blah,Blah,rasicm, blah,Blah, Bush,Blah,racism,Blah,blah, poor,blah,blah,bush,blah, racism

And his comment about 9/11:lame2:
I mean how he could compare n.O to 9/11 is beyond me but then again we are talking about nagin.
I feel sorry for bush once monday comes

You know, if we can't judge a looter caught on camera with a case of stolen beer, I don't know who the hell we CAN judge.

I haven't seen many of your posts, Chad, but I bet you're the type who has no problem "judging" middle class whites who obey the law, Christians who oppose abortion, successful businesspeople, etc. Liberals, I've noticed, are the most damn judgmental people on Earth. They judge like we breathe.

I'll only pass judgement on things I actually know about. I've never had half my family die and all my property destroyed within the span of a few hours, so I won't judge how the people in NO acted.. I was once Christian, my father is one of those "successful businesspeople", which is why I can pass judgement on those topics.

I'll only pass judgement on things I actually know about. I've never had half my family die and all my property destroyed within the span of a few hours, so I won't judge how the people in NO acted.. I was once Christian, my father is one of those "successful businesspeople", which is why I can pass judgement on those topics.

Hope you are never on a jury

Hey guys! 100% off sale. No cash - you carry!

I am not taking about the Childrens Court CC

Libs never want to pass judgement unless it is on conservatives

New Topics

Forum List

Back