Hand Elizabeth Warren "The WHIP"!!!!

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
Elizabeth Warren is feared by Wall $treet

"As chair of the bailout oversight panel, she held Wall Street executives' feet to the fire and was not afraid to speak out.

As a Harvard professor, her credentials are impeccable. And she was the one who came up with the idea for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau -- perhaps the best piece of this bill -- in the first place.

Warren is perfect for the position and most financial insiders have just assumed she would get it.

Sign our petition to President Obama in support of Elizabeth Warren today."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbPTmInpzTI&feature=related]YouTube - bill maher interviews the TARP commissioner about the state of usury.[/ame]

May 19, 2009

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4yV6wRrTRE&feature=related]YouTube - Elizabeth Warren NOW on PBS 1of3[/ame]

December 06, 2009

Super....Boyking goes to the faculty lounge yet again, for another Fabian ideologue appointee who has zero practical experience in The World.

I'm underwhelmed.
Yeah...maybe we should check-&-see what John Cornyn's doin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

529.gif

"The woman many in the progressive community hope will be the first head of the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau received a hero's welcome Saturday at the Netroots Nation convention.

Speaking at a seminar on building a progressive economic vision, Elizabeth Warren received a standing ovation as soon as she was introduced.

Her remarks also indicated how enthusiastic she is about changes the new bureau might mean for consumers. Specifically she pointed out this will be the first agency to be created in a wired world, and should create conditions whereby consumers and regulators can instantly talk to each other.

“The possibilities here are endless,” she said."

:clap2:

john_boehner_crying_little_.jpg

Last edited:
Elizabeth Warren is feared by Wall $treet

"As chair of the bailout oversight panel, she held Wall Street executives' feet to the fire and was not afraid to speak out.

As a Harvard professor, her credentials are impeccable. And she was the one who came up with the idea for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau -- perhaps the best piece of this bill -- in the first place.

Warren is perfect for the position and most financial insiders have just assumed she would get it.

Sign our petition to President Obama in support of Elizabeth Warren today."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbPTmInpzTI&feature=related]YouTube - bill maher interviews the TARP commissioner about the state of usury.[/ame]

May 19, 2009

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4yV6wRrTRE&feature=related]YouTube - Elizabeth Warren NOW on PBS 1of3[/ame]

December 06, 2009

It's ok for the government to control the money of private citizens and company's as long as they don't mess with your money. You do have some money don't you? or are you one of those handout people?

She co-wrote my "Debtor-Creditor Law" casebook. Of course, looking back, every law book I was ever assigned was penned by academics to the left of Mao. The only exception was Posner's "Law and Economics", and I bought that bad boy on my own dime. And I remember one prof's reaction to my buying it: he actually got mad.

Yeah, those open-minded left-wing legal types. Brave, they are. Fearless in the face of a learned opposition.

Last edited:
She co-wrote my "Debtor-Creditor Law" casebook. Of course, looking back, every law book I was ever assigned was penned by academics to the left of Mao. The only exception was Posner's "Law and Economics", and I bought that bad boy on my own dime. And I remember one prof's reaction to my buying it: he actually got mad.

Yeah, those open-minded left-wing legal types. Brave, they are. Fearless in the face of a learned opposition.

Lizzie Borden Warren of the Marxist/Commie persuasion would be right in sync with the Obamarrhoidal Lberrhoids.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

What a bunch o' WHINERS!!!!!!!

"Elizabeth Warren, clad in cardigans and pearls, has become Wall Street's public enemy No. 1, but it's that very vitriol that could earn her a post heading the government's new consumer watchdog agency.

"I get disgusted every time I hear her speak. It's like she's sitting in some ivory tower, not understanding the ramifications of anything she says," said Anton Schutz, president of Mendon Capital Advisors. "Any person you put in that role really ought to have some industry experience."

The financial industry fears that Warren's single-minded fight for the consumer will strip away their ability to charge fees and customize products.

But she is a hero to many lawmakers and consumer advocates, due in no small part to the fear she inspires on Wall Street.

In fact, Warren's supporters don't disagree that she wants to pressure banks' profits. They just don't see that as a bad thing.

House Financial Services Chairman Barney Frank, one of her most ardent supporters, told Reuters in an interview that he wants banks to make less profit from things like overdraft fees and more from lending. "I would like to impinge on bank profits in this area," Frank said.

Her supporters call Warren's critics insincere in citing a lack of "banking experience."

"What they mean is a certain kind of 'experience'. Traditionally bank regulators have often come from K street (lobbying) law firms working on banking law for banks," said Travis Plunkett, legislative director of the Consumer Federation of America, who has worked with Warren for decades.

"The whole point is to have an independent agency that is not beholden to the banking industry or to banking regulators," said Plunkett."

I guess bankers would be more-comfortable with the spawn of Oligarchs......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1Uk-DwUvJw&feature=related]YouTube - Conversations with History: Elizabeth Warren[/ame]​

Last edited:

Rupert Murdoch??

:eusa_eh:

"....learned opposition...."????

520.gif

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif

"The headline of Thursday's Journal editorial is "President Warren's Empire," which goes on to say, "The consumer bureau is essentially a bureaucratic rogue. We'd like to see Congress kill the agency entirely. But at the very least Congress should remove it from the Fed, make it part of the Treasury and subject it to annual appropriations."

Bank regulators are not subject to the Congressional appropriations process, because the budgeting game allows banks to lobby against the funding of their own regulator. The only financial regulator subject to this process was the agency charged with overseeing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac during the housing bubble, which proved unable to rein in risk-taking at the mortgage giants as they poured lobbying cash into Congress.

In a recent interview, Rep. Randy Neugebauer (R-Texas) acknowledged that the House GOP's efforts to curtail funding for the CFPB were essentially an effort to prevent the agency from conducting consumer protection regulation.

Warren has publicly criticized Goldman in testimony before Congress and during on-air interviews with CNBC and Bloomberg. When Warren chaired the Congressional Oversight Panel for the Troubled Asset Relief Program, she told Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) during a hearing that Goldman had not provided her panel with key documents pertaining to the bailout of AIG, from which Goldman reaped over $11 billion. She also said that the Wall Street giant should be investigated for wrongdoing pertaining to the sale of mortgage derivatives during the housing bubble. Goldman eventually settled with the SEC for $550 million over allegations that it defrauded investors.

Kissel
356.gif
declined
to comment for this article, and the Journal
355.gif
did not respond
to an email requesting comment. Goldman Sachs did not return a call
346.gif
requesting comment."

s-ELIZABETH-WARREN-large.jpg

"Markets work only when people can see the prices and risks up front and can make apples-to-apples comparisons among products. We want consumers to have the information they need—upfront, not buried in the fine print…. This is a market that will allow small businesses to compete.” - Elizabeth Warren

Last edited:
"After a few meetings in which she was politely rebuffed, one executive walked Warren to the door and, with his arm around her, let her in on a trade secret: If he admitted that his card’s actual rate was 17 percent, while his competitors were still claiming theirs was only 2.9 percent, his customers would desert him for the seemingly cheaper option, seal of approval or not. No credit-card company would ever go along with a clean card unless all of them did. And the only way to get all of them to do it was to require it by law.

At this point, Warren says, the banker made a confession. “We recognize that we have an unsustainable model, and it cannot work forever,” she says he told her. “If we told people how much these things cost, they wouldn’t use them.”

feature_warren29__01__600.jpg

"The housing market is bouncing back, and so are deceptive marketing practices. That has prompted the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission to launch investigations into six mortgage lenders and brokers that allegedly target veterans and senior citizens with misleading advertising. The regulators also sent warning letters on Monday to a dozen more companies, urging them to review their marketing materials and be sure they aren’t breaking federal law.

The lenders appeared to be trying to dupe consumers into thinking loans were government-backed, according to the CFPB. (The government does back some loans but doesn’t solicit borrowers through advertising.) Some of the ads sent to the elderly included a return address line that read “Government Loan Department,” used a logo that resembled the seal of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, and displayed a Web URL bearing the initials of the Federal Housing Administration, the CFPB says. Veterans received ads that appeared to come from the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs and offered rates under a special “economic stimulus plan” said to be expiring soon, according to the CFPB. (VA loan programs don’t have expiration dates.) The ads began with the phrase, “The VA is offering you,” and used logos similar to the VA’s. The ads also promised a “fixed” rate for a 30-year loan even though the fine print indicated that the rates were adjustable, according to the CFPB.

Holly Petraeus, the CFPB’s assistant director for the Office of Servicemember Affairs, has this advice for consumers: “Please, be cautious. If you get an ad that sounds a little (or a lot) too good to be true, you should get more information from a trusted source before you respond to the offer.” The wife of former CIA Director David Petraeus apparently isn’t letting the brouhaha over her husband’s affair distract her from work."

images

:clap2:

She could care less about the middle class but keep on wet dreaming.

November 21, 2012

FTC, CFPB Warn Lenders

"Working on the premise that two heads are better than one, the century-old Federal Trade Commission and the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau announced this week that they have joined forces to go after deceptive and confusing mortgage lenders.

For starters, the two agencies say they have opened investigations into 19 companies after reviewing some 800 mortgage ads from a wide variety of media – including websites, Facebook, direct mail and newspapers.

In addition, they sent letters to 32 others whose practices were "less serious," warning them that their ads may be deceptive.

Among their targets were ads offering a very low fixed-rate mortgage or "guaranteeing" approval and low monthly payments without discussing significant terms, and ads containing images, symbols and abbreviations suggesting that the advertiser is a government agency.

The agencies were "far more likely to have opened an investigation" when there "is clearly a misrepresentation" or the ad "is clearly false," while warnings went to companies whose ads may be technically true or contain small-type disclaimers, Kent Markus, the consumer bureau's assistant director of enforcement, said at a telephone news conference in Washington."

92.gif
92.gif
92.gif
92.gif
92.gif
92.gif

Out of all the people republicans hate for no good reason this one puzzles me the most, I can see fatcat banker types being full of fear and loathing but the regular everyday people who know banks and lenders are not to be entirely trusted should feel different. Oh well, add that to the long list of counter-intuitive things about working class republicans.

Out of all the people republicans hate for no good reason this one puzzles me the most, I can see fatcat banker types being full of fear and loathing but the regular everyday people who know banks and lenders are not to be entirely trusted should feel different. Oh well, add that to the long list of counter-intuitive things about working class republicans.
She WON!!!!!!!
It's that simple.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy-awhkUXJ4&feature=fvst]DNC 2012 - Elizabeth Warren Speech Full - "The System Is Rigged" - YouTube[/ame]​

Last edited:

Forum List

Back