Haiti is a Mess

JohnDB

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2021
Between the gang violence, political unrest, and coronavirus...

Now they have had a horrible Earthquake and a hurricane is on its way.

The place is devolving.

The place is devolving.
No worries, Joe Biden told them that the US is the dearest of friends with Haiti.

I'm sure that helps reassure those suffering there.

Asclepias sure hhahahahhaha that doesn't even make sense ....as usual, your hatred/bigotry/racism has fkd up your mind

I thought the poor Haitians were supposed to get new better sturdier housing with the billions of U.S. taxpayer dollars the Obama administration sent to Haiti after the last big earthquake devastated southern Haiti in 2010.

So what happened to all that money?

The Clintons diverted much of that money to build the Caracol industrial park and airport improvements in northern Haiti, an area unaffected by the earthquake, which produces duty free textiles for Walmart. Simultaneously, the Clinton State Department fought to keep Haiti's 24 cents/hour minimum wage from being raised.

And in return, Walmart heiress Alice Walton donated $353,400 to the Hillary Clinton campaign's 2016 "victory fund".

That kind of quid pro quo corruption is colloquially known as "pay for play".

Boycott Walmart.

Last edited:

The place is devolving.
The gods are not friendly. But I really don't get it. Yes the French really focked over this country when the people decided that being slaves and French serfs sucked. But it was a long time ago. Scotland was pretty well deforested by the civilized English. And they got by.

These folks aren't US citizens, and we'd be happy to convey to them all the benefits, and detriments, of free trade. Why isn't this place great?

Forum List

Back