HAHA. Crazy Jesse Jackson calls for Kroger boycott b/c they are closing stores!!!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Does this make any sense at all?? "We ain't gonna buy your stuff cuz your store closures mean we can't buy your stuff".

Jesse Jackson calls for Kroger boycott over inner city store closures

april 11 2018 WALNUT HILLS, Ohio (WKRC) - Famous civil rights leader Jesse Jackson has set his sights on Kroger after stores closed in a predominantly black neighborhood. He came to Cincinnati, where Kroger is headquartered, to call for a boycott.

Jackson is calling for a boycott after three of Kroger's stores recently closed in Tennessee. About 100 people gathered to listen to Jackson at the shuttered Walnut Hills store.

While Kroger says those stores underperformed, Jackson says it leaves fewer healthy food options for those in predominantly black neighborhoods. It leaves poorer neighborhoods in food deserts.

• Banned
Jesse thinks kroger is part of the GIANT WHITE CONSPIRACY to harm blacks!!! Hey jesse - why don't blacks start their own grocery stores? Why do you need whites doing everything for you?

Kung-Fu-Panda-Master-Crane.jpg

Tell him not to worry. All of those blacks will soon be priced out of the 'hood as the white lefty gentrifiers will supplant the blacks (because they love diversity), renovate the buildings and houses and rowhouses and Whole Foods stores will flourish.

Kroger moving out of the ghetto for a better neighborhood makes perfect sense....they are offering to shuttle seniors to the new store so that's a big plus in my opinion. Blacks always bite the hand that feeds them

Does this make any sense at all??
The way you presented the matter in the title, no, it doesn't make sense. Upon reading the story, yes, the boycot makes sense.

From the story:
Kroger says those stores underperformed, Jackson says it leaves fewer healthy food options for those in predominantly black neighborhoods. It leaves poorer neighborhoods in food deserts.

Kroger says the stores underperformed, and I understand exactly what that means. I understand why they are closing the stores. I suspect, however, the "underperformance" doesn't mean the stores were unprofitable, but rather that the stores didn't meet the firm's profit targets.

I also understand Jackson's point. I can readily see the value of having a grocery store in one's neighborhood, particularly in a city where many people don't drive. (That particular Kroger was across the street from several large apartment complexes.) The Whole Foods closest to my home has a tiny parking lot that, save for around the holidays, is never more than half full, yet the store itself is "full" and busy from the moment it opens to closing time.

In the city, people walk or take a bus to places like grocery stores, mostly because they can, sometimes because they must, and sometimes because city residences don't have room for a week's worth of groceries. By consolidating to a store a mile away, it's quite possible that the people who would have patronized the now-closed Kroger will have to take a long bus ride to and from because the routes are roundabout getting between/through the two areas. You tell me, what goes through your mind when faced with having to travel for 30 - 45 minutes to go a mile or so away? If you're like me, you'll say "oh, eff it" and not go. Add to that the time waiting for a bus, the round trip and what used to be a 15 minute run to the grocer becomes an hour and a half affair.

Now what could Kroger do? Well, it could move to a smaller location in Walnut Hills. I get that running a full line grocery store might not work for Kroger's profit goals, but clearly the people in the area were buying something. Perhaps a smaller store that carried an assortment that aligned with what people were actually buying would work.

Another option might be for Kroger to move into a portion of the existing store and lease the remainder of the space to other businesses that could benefit from the added traffic the grocery store generates. Ever seen a Walmart with a McDonald's or Subway inside? Kroger might have a similar opportunity available to it, be it food stores or non-food stores with which it shares the space. Hell, put in a laundromat (or some other entity that typically has customers who sit around and wait....auto repair, a government office, etc). I'm sure folks waiting for their clothes to finish would buy stuff in the grocery store...drinks at the very least, and single drinks sold in grocery stores happen to be high margin items. That would go a good way toward helping the store meet its targets.

• Banned
Blacks rob the stores blind so kroger closes the stores and then blacks cry "racism"!!!!

The way you presented the matter in the title, no, it doesn't make sense. Upon reading the story, yes, the boycot makes sense.

From the story:
Kroger says those stores underperformed, Jackson says it leaves fewer healthy food options for those in predominantly black neighborhoods. It leaves poorer neighborhoods in food deserts.

Kroger says the stores underperformed, and I understand exactly what that means. I understand why they are closing the stores. I suspect, however, the "underperformance" doesn't mean the stores were unprofitable, but rather that the stores didn't meet the firm's profit targets.

I also understand Jackson's point. I can readily see the value of having a grocery store in one's neighborhood, particularly in a city where many people don't drive. (That particular Kroger was across the street from several large apartment complexes.) The Whole Foods closest to my home has a tiny parking lot that, save for around the holidays, is never more than half full, yet the store itself is "full" and busy from the moment it opens to closing time.

In the city, people walk or take a bus to places like grocery stores, mostly because they can, sometimes because they must, and sometimes because city residences don't have room for a week's worth of groceries. By consolidating to a store a mile away, it's quite possible that the people who would have patronized the now-closed Kroger will have to take a long bus ride to and from because the routes are roundabout getting between/through the two areas. You tell me, what goes through your mind when faced with having to travel for 30 - 45 minutes to go a mile or so away? If you're like me, you'll say "oh, eff it" and not go. Add to that the time waiting for a bus, the round trip and what used to be a 15 minute run to the grocer becomes an hour and a half affair.

Now what could Kroger do? Well, it could move to a smaller location in Walnut Hills. I get that running a full line grocery store might not work for Kroger's profit goals, but clearly the people in the area were buying something. Perhaps a smaller store that carried an assortment that aligned with what people were actually buying would work.

Another option might be for Kroger to move into a portion of the existing store and lease the remainder of the space to other businesses that could benefit from the added traffic the grocery store generates. Ever seen a Walmart with a McDonald's or Subway inside? Kroger might have a similar opportunity available to it, be it food stores or non-food stores with which it shares the space. Hell, put in a laundromat (or some other entity that typically has customers who sit around and wait....auto repair, a government office, etc). I'm sure folks waiting for their clothes to finish would buy stuff in the grocery store...drinks at the very least, and single drinks sold in grocery stores happen to be high margin items. That would go a good way toward helping the store meet its targets.

It's not Kroger's obligation to ensure the people have a place to shop.

You have all kinds of ideas about what Kroger can/should do ...
How about you open the grocery store - laundry mat - transmission shop - social security office ... :dunno:

From the story:

Nice entitlement mentality.

We should be very patient and understanding with the Rev. Mr. Jackson.

As a senior citizen, I remember when the Rev. Mr. Jackson was the Big Man on Campus when it came to civil rights.

I believe that at one time, he even sought the Democratic nomination for president of the United States.

Then along came Senator Barak Obama, who stole the Rev. Mr. Jackson's thunder.

The Rev. Mr. Jackson naturally wants people to feel that he is still relevant.

Besides, he recently announced that he has Parkinson's and is in treatment.

For those reasons, let's be as kind and gentle as we can toward him.

Last edited:

From the story:

This is like what liberals are telling conservatives about FB, you tube.
It’s a private company they can do as they want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Kroger Tennessee stores shutdown manifests itself by way of a Knoxville location closed in March.

“This closing is necessary because the store has experienced significant losses for over 5 years now, including over $1 million in the last two years,” a spokesperson wrote in a statement to local news. “Closing stores is always a last resort, and only considered after all other alternatives have been exhausted.”

The location had 80 employees.

Kroger shutters stores across the country, leaves thousands potentially without jobs

This was a 2017 closure. It seems reasonable to close it based on losses and the consistent loss over two years.

Does this make any sense at all?? "We ain't gonna buy your stuff cuz your store closures mean we can't buy your stuff".

Jesse Jackson calls for Kroger boycott over inner city store closures

april 11 2018 WALNUT HILLS, Ohio (WKRC) - Famous civil rights leader Jesse Jackson has set his sights on Kroger after stores closed in a predominantly black neighborhood. He came to Cincinnati, where Kroger is headquartered, to call for a boycott.

Jackson is calling for a boycott after three of Kroger's stores recently closed in Tennessee. About 100 people gathered to listen to Jackson at the shuttered Walnut Hills store.

While Kroger says those stores underperformed, Jackson says it leaves fewer healthy food options for those in predominantly black neighborhoods. It leaves poorer neighborhoods in food deserts.
Negroes would stop stealing stuff from the store MAYBE they would stay open! We have a Kroger 15 miles from us and its where we prefer to shop at.

Blacks rob the stores blind so kroger closes the stores and then blacks cry "racism"!!!!
Bingo. This is it. A Vons opened in South Central and was robbed on opening day. Customers are robbed in the parking lot. Grocery stores would like to expand but the insane level of crime prevents it.

How about you open the grocery store - laundry mat - transmission shop - social security office ... :dunno:

That's what the press should ask jesse but never will. "Why don't blacks open a grocery store in the ghetto?"

Blacks are helpless and always need the white man to take care of them.

Forum List

Back