Had Some Extra Parts Laying Around

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
So I decided to build another AR15. What I needed was a stripped lower (bought an Anderson) and a complete upper (Aero Precision), other than that I ordered a scope and a pic rail riser, With sales going on I looked for and found some absolutely super deals, the upper for $200 and the stripped lower for $50. The Pic riser and scope set me back $60.

Aero build 1.jpg

Aero Build 2.jpg

May put a BAD lever on it later down the road.

Last edited:
That looks to be just the ticket for when deer come equipped with defensive automatic machine gun turrets.

So I decided to build another AR15. What I needed was a stripped lower (bought an Anderson) and a complete upper (Aero Precision), other than that I ordered a scope and a pic rail riser, With sales going on I looked for and found some absolutely super deals, the upper for $200 and the stripped lower for $50. The Pic riser and scope set me back $60.

View attachment 567968

View attachment 567969

You got the scope and riser for $60 bucks? What is it? 3 power or better with a reticle would be fine for me. Been thinking about a scope.

You got the scope and riser for $60 bucks? What is it? 3 power or better with a reticle would be fine for me. Been thinking about a scope.
The top rated budget scope on the market, a CVLIFE 2.5-10x40e red & green illuminated scope with laser. The riser is a UTG Leapers MT-RSX7L 3/4" slim Pic riser mount with 13 slots. Both I picked up via Amazon.

View attachment 567968

View attachment 567969

The upper came with the bolt carrier assembly correct?

The upper came with the bolt carrier assembly correct?
Oops, forgot to mention it did not, already had a PSA BCG and mil spec charging handle. Originally I think both of those cost me just over $100 shipped.

Last edited:

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    295.4 KB · Views: 41
I had a Mark1, #4 I bought for $70 when they first started showing up in the US. Sold it years later for $380.
I suspect that was about what a P-14 would have sold for at Woolworths in the 80s....I gave $475.00 for the pictured example and was glad to get it for that price.

These days you have to pay the freight to play in mil-surpland.

BTW....That #4 you had would bring $500.00+ today depending on condition.

Forum List

Back