Hacking History & Politics: President Reagan watches WarGames: Matthew Broderick hacks Norad & causes WWIII, Reagan asks if it could happen in reality

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
During his eight years as President, Ronald Reagan watched 374 movies, an average of nearly one a week. On Saturday, June 4, 1983, he watched ‘WarGames’, starring Matthew Broderick as a teenager who hacks into government computers and causes war. Jack Teixeira redux?

During his eight years as President, Ronald Reagan watched 374 movies, an average of nearly one a week. On Saturday, June 4, 1983, he watched ‘WarGames’, starring Matthew Broderick as a teenager who hacks into government computers and causes war. Jack Teixeira redux?

An insane moment where fiction influenced reality. Though, it wasn't that movie that made the greatest impact, I believe it is called "The Day After". A made for TV film that everyone and their parents waited for and watched. Scared the hell out of alot of us kids as it presented the aftermath of a nuclear explosion. It so affected Reagan that he decided to offer the olive branch to Gorbie and seek more peaceful, common ground with Russia.

• Banned
An insane moment where fiction influenced reality. Though, it wasn't that movie that made the greatest impact, I believe it is called "The Day After". A made for TV film that everyone and their parents waited for and watched. Scared the hell out of alot of us kids as it presented the aftermath of a nuclear explosion. It so affected Reagan that he decided to offer the olive branch to Gorbie and seek more peaceful, common ground with Russia.
i know about the day after or whatever it's called, it's about nuclear weapons and millions watched it. but i don't have the work ethic or patience to summarize the story around it like you did, so thanks for your contribution!

Forum List

Back