Guy at store today tells me "bad hygiene" is why people in Europe are dying at such an alarming rate. Anyone else hear this?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
So, we have to wait in lineups outside now as they limit the number of people. Standing out in the rain for 20 minutes wasn't fun, but if you want to get groceries you have to do what you have to do.

Everyone is giving others advice (the Canadian Way of late) about how to cut down transmission, I overhear the Town Criers telling others "make sure you sanitize your hand constantly", "careful with your phone it's a way to pick up germs and take them home" etc. One guy tells me the reason Europeans are dying at such a faster clip is that "from the Old Country, they don't use alot of soap or bathe alot". I tell him that's the first time I've heard that, but there might be something to their culture of close hugging, kissing and warm greetings etc. He seems open to the idea.

Anyone else hear that people are dying because of bad hygiene? I'm pretty sure Europeans use soap. In fact, I thought Romans invented soap.

So, we have to wait in lineups outside now as they limit the number of people. Standing out in the rain for 20 minutes wasn't fun, but if you want to get groceries you have to do what you have to do.

Everyone is giving others advice (the Canadian Way of late) about how to cut down transmission, I overhear the Town Criers telling others "make sure you sanitize your hand constantly", "careful with your phone it's a way to pick up germs and take them home" etc. One guy tells me the reason Europeans are dying at such a faster clip is that "from the Old Country, they don't use alot of soap or bathe alot". I tell him that's the first time I've heard that, but there might be something to their culture of close hugging, kissing and warm greetings etc. He seems open to the idea.

Anyone else hear that people are dying because of bad hygiene? I'm pretty sure Europeans use soap. In fact, I thought Romans invented soap.
Oh that's a typical blanket commentary from the die hard anti-vaxxers...that we have fewer influenza/polio/smallpox cases because of hygiene and food, not vaccines.

Who knows, maybe they're right.

They also used urine to do laundry and brush their teeth. :ack-1:

Anyone else hear that people are dying because of bad hygiene?

I've read it was quarantine that was most effective in the 1918 flu studies and that it was less than 10% of sanitation meaning those sprays going on isn't as effective. I didn't see what the percentage was for hygiene, or washing your hands and not touching your face. It is probably the most effective along with quarantine.

Soap? Soap? Wasn't that a late 70s TV show?

They also used urine to do laundry and brush their teeth. :ack-1:

I always use urine to brush my pearly yellows.

Forum List

Back