Gun Rights Are Favored Over Gun Control

That's what the anti gunners always miss....I don't really care if you want a gun or don't want a gun....the choice is yours....but don't screw around with my rights....
I disagree.
If you do not have sufficient weapons and ammunition to equip and train at least 2 fire teams, you have failed at your civic duty.
:lol:

I disagree.
If you do not have sufficient weapons and ammunition to equip and train at least 2 fire teams, you have failed at your civic duty.
:lol:

See....to all you gun grabbers who may think my mind can't be changed on this issue....I am going to prove you wrong....M14 Shooter convinced me....I am changing my mind because of that post.....

I don't want to own a gun, I just don't want a potential assailant to be sure that I don't have one.

Thats a foolish notion....
I'm certainly glad I didnt think that way back when the wife and I had just married.
Stopped a home invasion in it's tracks.

Good for you. I have a choice whether I want to have a gun in the house or not. Personally, I don't want one, but I'm glad that my neighbor can. I wish that anti-gun activists had the courage of their convictions and would post signs in their yards proclaiming their houses proudly gun-free.

I'm just saying you're making the wrong choice...and it could possibly bite you in the ass at a later date.

That's always possible. I believe, however, that if you have a gun for personal protection, you need to be ready to kill someone with it. I'm not.

I don't want to own a gun, I just don't want a potential assailant to be sure that I don't have one.

I'm certainly glad I didnt think that way back when the wife and I had just married.

Good for you. I have a choice whether I want to have a gun in the house or not. Personally, I don't want one, but I'm glad that my neighbor can. I wish that anti-gun activists had the courage of their convictions and would post signs in their yards proclaiming their houses proudly gun-free.

I'm just saying you're making the wrong choice...and it could possibly bite you in the ass at a later date.

That's always possible. I believe, however, that if you have a gun for personal protection, you need to be ready to kill someone with it. I'm not.

You say that now. And it's not like you get a do over.

Someone sent me a picture of a sign in the front yard of a house. I can't reproduce it here because the sign ends up to small to read, but it read as follows:

My next door neighbor wants to
BAN all GUNS
Their house is
NOT ARMED
Out of respect for their opinions
I promise not to use my GUNS
to PROTECT THEM

I think you ought to put a "Gun Free Zone" sign on your front door. That way ... a criminal with a gun will simply walk past your home and go to the one where guns are welcome. :ack-1:

That would be stupid. Note that my desire to not own a gun is unique to myself alone. If my neighbor wants one, let him have one. What's hard to understand about that?

Why don't you like guns? That IS stupid (although ... if you're afraid of them then one may be dangerous in your hands). I retract my statement.

Someone sent me a picture of a sign in the front yard of a house. I can't reproduce it here because the sign ends up to small to read, but it read as follows:

My next door neighbor wants to
BAN all GUNS
Their house is
NOT ARMED
Out of respect for their opinions
I promise not to use my GUNS
to PROTECT THEM

Love it. So true. However, out of respect for my idiotic, unarmed neighbor, I would still use my gun to protect them (in spite of their stupidity).

I think you ought to put a "Gun Free Zone" sign on your front door. That way ... a criminal with a gun will simply walk past your home and go to the one where guns are welcome. :ack-1:

That would be stupid. Note that my desire to not own a gun is unique to myself alone. If my neighbor wants one, let him have one. What's hard to understand about that?

Why don't you like guns? That IS stupid (although ... if you're afraid of them then one may be dangerous in your hands). I retract my statement.

I like guns fine and I'm not afraid of them at all. I enjoy skeet shooting, for example, and if I lived in a more isolated area, I would probably be an active hunter. I also, however, have two smart, active, young grandsons that live in my house and don't want to take any chances. Sure, the possibility of them getting hurt by a gun I own are remote if I take all the necessary precautions, but I simply don't want to take the chance. And, like I already said, I believe that if I have a gun for self-defense, I'd better be ready to use it, and I'm not ready to kill someone. Non-lethal means, that's a different story.

Sure, but it's my choice, and I'm glad we all have the freedom to make that choice for ourselves.

Sure, but it's my choice, and I'm glad we all have the freedom to make that choice for ourselves.

I absolutely support your right to not keep and bear arms.
I just question how wise that decision is.

For the first time in more than 20 years, Americans say it's more important to protect the right to own guns than it is to control gun ownership. While 46 percent prioritize gun control, 52 percent of Americans are more concerned about the right to own guns, the first time a majority has held that position since Pew started asking the question in 1993.

Gun Rights Are Favored Over Gun Control For First Time In 20 Years Poll Finds

One in three people in the U.S. know someone who has been shot. On average, 32 Americans are murdered with guns every day. Let's protect this right, ok.
Free people generally favour rights over control.

This is mysterious?

And you are ready to die for that belief, if your neighbour doesn't respond to your death screams and save you.

I can respect that.

It would sure make it a lot easier for trespassers and robbers.

A very respectable position. You're not trying to take anyone's guns, you just choose not to have one. Nothing wrong with that at all.

It would sure make it a lot easier for trespassers and robbers.

Thankfully, we don't have much of a problem with either where I live.

"Gun rights" is a non-issue. It's simply a tool used by Republicans to get less-educated Republican voters to vote for candidates that support the rich corporate interests (like "illegal immigrants". There is no threat to gun ownership on the horizon, and I have no idea why you're worried.

"Gun rights" is a non-issue. It's simply a tool used by Republicans to get less-educated Republican voters to vote for candidates that support the rich corporate interests (like "illegal immigrants". There is no threat to gun ownership on the horizon, and I have no idea why you're worried.

Do you know why there is no threat on the horizon? Or, do you really think that if there were no backlash, that most of our gun rights wouldn't be gone already?

Mark

There isn't?
The Obama, et al, do not seek further restrictions on the right to arms?

B- exercise in Alinsky.

Good try, but, shows no effort really.

You're wrong. Obama put sanctions on the Russian made Saiga and the State of Colorado recently put limits on magazine capacity. When the foot's in the door we can expect more intrusions to come.

Forum List

Back