Gun ownership probable cause to for search and seizure?

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
“I know the laws and I know the rules,” Filippidis says. There are, after all, ways gun owners can travel legally with firearms through hostile states. “But I just think it’s a better idea to leave it home.”

Ten minutes later he’s back, and he wants John out of the Expedition. Retreating to the space between the SUV and the unmarked car, the officer orders John to hook his thumbs behind his back and spread his feet. “You own a gun,” the officer says. “Where is it?”

Face red, eyes shining, John pounds his knees. “And he wants to put me in jail. He wants to put me in jail. For no reason. He wants to take my wife and children away and put me in jail. In America, how does such a thing happen? ... And after all that, he didn’t even write me a ticket.”

I'm starting to think liberals are really setting themselves up badly. Gun ownership is going to be the next civil rights movement.

Jackson: Gun owner unarmed, unwelcome in Maryland

Wait. He didn't get a ticket. He didn't go to jail.

What the fuck is this baby crying about?

I thought gun owners were supposed to be tough.

• Banned

So, you think that owning a gun is constitutional sufficient to justify a search and seizure?

“I know the laws and I know the rules,” Filippidis says. There are, after all, ways gun owners can travel legally with firearms through hostile states. “But I just think it’s a better idea to leave it home.”

Ten minutes later he’s back, and he wants John out of the Expedition. Retreating to the space between the SUV and the unmarked car, the officer orders John to hook his thumbs behind his back and spread his feet. “You own a gun,” the officer says. “Where is it?”

Face red, eyes shining, John pounds his knees. “And he wants to put me in jail. He wants to put me in jail. For no reason. He wants to take my wife and children away and put me in jail. In America, how does such a thing happen? ... And after all that, he didn’t even write me a ticket.”

I'm starting to think liberals are really setting themselves up badly. Gun ownership is going to be the next civil rights movement.

liberals have no clue how hard their gun grabbing attempts are going to come back to hammer them

• Banned
liberals have no clue how hard their gun grabbing attempts are going to come back to hammer them

Obviously. I mean, it's one thing to advocate for gun restrictions. But this is a whole different thing entirely. I hope the guy sues the pants off the state for this.

The Dingle Berries never cease to amaze.

The low life motherfucker approves of stormtrooper using the fact that Mr. Filippidis, is licensed to carry a concealed firearm as probable cause to harrass him and his family.

The low life motherfucker approves of stormtrooper using the fact that Mr. Filippidis, is licensed to carry a concealed firearm as probable cause to harrass him and his family.

That's not what happened.

He asked the wife if the gun was in the car, and she said that it might be in the glove box or the center console.

That's why the car was searched - because the husband and the wife's stories didn't match.

wait. He didn't get a ticket. He didn't go to jail.

the dingle berries never cease to amaze.

The low life motherfucker approves of stormtrooper using the fact that mr. Filippidis, is licensed to carry a concealed firearm as probable cause to harrass him and his family.

that's not what happened.

He asked the wife if the gun was in the car, and she said that it might be in the glove box or the center console.

That's why the car was searched - because the husband and the wife's stories didn't match.

it doesn't fucking matter whether the gun is the glove compartment, taped to his forehead, or dangling from the car mirror.

He has a right to life and to defend the same.

Yep and you got to remove the door panels to get to the glove box and center console.

Yep and you got to remove the door panels to get to the glove box and center console.

The fact that the stories didn't match was probable cause to search the car.

If you don't like it, try to change the laws. Don't whine about cops doing their jobs.

the dingle berries never cease to amaze.

The low life motherfucker approves of stormtrooper using the fact that mr. Filippidis, is licensed to carry a concealed firearm as probable cause to harrass him and his family.

that's not what happened.

it doesn't fucking matter whether the gun is the glove compartment, taped to his forehead, or dangling from the car mirror.

He has a right to life and to defend the same.

Your cartoonish view of "rights" aside, the law is the law.

Don't like it? Fight to change it, or break it.

But if you break it, the consequences of that are on you, not the cops.

The fact that the stories didn't match was probable cause to search the car.

If you don't like it, try to change the laws. Don't whine about cops doing their jobs.

the ones which killed Kelly Thomas stated the same as well.

And the ones which have beaten up Rodney King.

They all are "just doing their jobs" for idiot leftards

it's only when they will be searching YOU, while standing with a boot on your neck will you whine - "why me, why MEEEE" :evil:

There's nothing funnier to me than watching you macho, gun-toting, freedom loving and PC-hating middle American conservatives whine on the internet that the cops aren't fair.

Didn't you guys beat up hippies for saying that, back in the day?

The wife stating that the gun was in the in car is what prompted, and justified, the search.

Since when is simply owning a gun justification to continue a detention in so that the police can search for the gun?

It's not, and that's not what happened.

"Simply owning a gun" has nothing to do with this.

The fact that the wife said the gun was in the car is.

There's nothing funnier to me than watching you macho, gun-toting, freedom loving and PC-hating middle American conservatives whine on the internet that the cops aren't fair.

Didn't you guys beat up hippies for saying that, back in the day?

you are an idiot or just pretend to be?

Let's start with, he had no probable cause to stop the car to begin with. Second it is not against the law to own a gun. Third there was no reason to think he had a loaded gun in the car. Fourth even if he did he didnt need to be treated like a criminal.
Fucking commie state. Screw them.

Are you sure this isn't a profiling case?
From the sound of their names, the family could have been suspect because
they were foreign looking.

Some of these families are more sensitive when officers treat them this way. It is scarier than my friends who are not as intimidated by officers but feel they're doing their job.

Some of it is cultural perception, on both sides, the officer and the people questioned.

Forum List

Back