Gun nuts intimidate mothers in parking lot

Amazing. When I said "go ahead, spin that" it was rhetorical snark. I didn't mean for you to actually try it. :ack-1:

I don't want to alarm you but you're getting into Windbag territory now...

Be careful or you'll intimate mothers somewhere...

Oh, I've been intimate with mothers... not half bad actually :eusa_whistle:

Here we go with that whistle again. What is that, some sort of happy thing?

XXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
Please cite the law that says gun owners cannot gather in the manner they did.

We just did this. Please see 955.

Spoon, you're not listening. You're still trying to make this into legal terms.

This is not a thread about what the law is or who broke it or didn't break it. It's about psychological tactics. The law is not at issue.

Nor did anyone say they "shouldn't be allowed to congregate". That would be law yet again. Leave all that behind. It's not a discussion of laws; more a discussion of ethics. That's why we have differences of opinion -- the law is clear, you either break it or you don't. In ethics it's not cast in stone. All we can do here is offer views.

OK, this should finish the thread. There is NO law against what they did. They did not threaten, they were peaceful. All they did was show up and get their pictures taken.

And YOU are Mammy from Gone with the Wind spouting from the upstairs window, 'It ain't fittin', it ain't fittin', it ain't fittin.'

Carry on Mammy. This argument of yours isn't an argument, it's an ultimatum. It's juvenile. AND it's boring.

I'm afraid you'll get nowhere with me with movie references - I have no idea what that might mean ... :dunno:

Anyway--
Yes this should finish the thread (it was finished long ago)...
No there is no law, that was never in question here...
Whether they "threatened", well you've morphed the word used, which was intimidate.. notable how you guys keep having to change the content to get it to work...
Whether they intimidated IS the question here and always was...
Nothing in that discussion can be defined as "ultimatum". Does not apply.

I would like to know what I did exactly to receive this little gem...

Last edited by a moderator:
Gyroscope_precession.gif

I never knew you could shoot people with black leather. Let alone baseball bats.

Hm - baseball just got a lot more interesting.

I'm a biker. You probably wouldn't understand the looks you get from people when a couple guys in leather pull up next to a car on the road. Doors get locked, eyes straight ahead. The kids turn to look and dad tells them to look away... I know about unfair perceptions. These guys showed up with guns. BFD Guns and motorcycles are no more than pieces of metal. If they intimidate you, you really should seek help. Perhaps anti-anxiety medication would work for you.

Au contraire. I DO know those looks and those reactions.

But the fact remains, leather doesn't shoot people. A baseball bat could be used as a weapon -- but not from a distance.
And a gun is just a hunk of steel, By itself, it is no more dangerous than cow feathers.
If you could prove the men came with an intent to cause harm, THEN you might have a case, but in this instance, no matter how you feel about guns, showing up armed was no more or no less intimidating than four women with the opposite point of view regarding firearms. No more and no less ethical or no more or no less unsettling. It is what it is.

The controversy here is how the protests were presented in the OP. The OP was spin; a lie to paint 18 people (not 40) in an unflattering light with false rhetoric and a misleading photo where not a single person changed hats.
[MENTION=45779]lakeview[/MENTION]

I'm a biker. You probably wouldn't understand the looks you get from people when a couple guys in leather pull up next to a car on the road. Doors get locked, eyes straight ahead. The kids turn to look and dad tells them to look away... I know about unfair perceptions. These guys showed up with guns. BFD Guns and motorcycles are no more than pieces of metal. If they intimidate you, you really should seek help. Perhaps anti-anxiety medication would work for you.

But the fact remains, leather doesn't shoot people. A baseball bat could be used as a weapon -- but not from a distance.
And a gun is just a hunk of steel, By itself, it is no more dangerous than cow feathers.
If you could prove the men came with an intent to cause harm, THEN you might have a case, but in this instance, no matter how you feel about guns, showing up armed was no more or no less intimidating than four women with the opposite point of view regarding firearms. No more and no less ethical or no more or no less unsettling. It is what it is.

The controversy here is how the protests were presented in the OP. The OP was spin; a lie to paint 18 people (not 40) in an unflattering light with false rhetoric and a misleading photo where not a single person changed hats.

I don't need to "prove" squat; it's a matter of opinion. There is no right or wrong. We go by the appearances we have and make our judgements. I make mine, you make yours, etc. We explain how we got to our positions to the other, and nobody budges. Just another day.

Sigh...

Phat kids don't need no guns to get the candy!

Ernie, that's in no way a reference to you. Earlier I told Spoonman how this thread isn't about a question of laws but about ethics, which Koshergrrrrrr morphed into "unethical". Then even after I post the definitions for both, she continues to pretend they're the same thing. Windbag tried that too, but then that's Windbag.

That's when I needed you here, Ernie -- to tell them both they're full of shit.

Actually it's not too late... :eusa_whistle:

Lemme show you what went down at the same time elsewhere...

busted.gif

No please, go ahead... spin that one.

She said she didn't. And then she said she would. No hypocrisy there, that I see. You on the other hand, have been writing for others for the last 3 days and aren't near as honest about it.

Amazing. When I said "go ahead, spin that" it was rhetorical snark. I didn't mean for you to actually try it. :ack-1:

Reread what she said. She said she hadn't put words in your mouth. You made the unsubstantiated claim which still hangs there on your to do list. THEN she said that she was at least as capable of mis stating your position as you seem to be with hers. It was very plain language, no spin at all.

She said she didn't. And then she said she would. No hypocrisy there, that I see. You on the other hand, have been writing for others for the last 3 days and aren't near as honest about it.

Reread what she said. She said she hadn't put words in your mouth. You made the unsubstantiated claim which still hangs there on your to do list. THEN she said that she was at least as capable of mis stating your position as you seem to be with hers. It was very plain language, no spin at all.

Drop it Ernie. I've had it with this shit.

I would like to know what I did exactly to receive this little gem...

Capture1.jpg

Hmmm?

Do you read English ASSHOLE?? You know EXACTLY what the fuck you did.

48 hours. See you Saturday night. If you still exist by then.

BTW, i don't recall my ever calling anyone an "Asshole" so if your pucker is loose I'd prolly get it checked. Otherwise, leave this to the adults, M'kay?

That right there ^^ is an infraction around here Kroyd. And my mom is dead, ASSHOLE.

TAKE THAT DOWN. NOW.

What? I thought ad hominem was the local currency???

YOU should be gang negged until you turn red. ASSHOLE.

And you are impersonating a moderator.
Yes what he did was wrong, but you report it, don't assume you have authority and post in all red.

Yes what he did was wrong, but you report it, don't assume you have authority and post in all red.

Maybe I'm naive but I still don't understand the actual implication???

My best guess is that someone is monetarily cranky???

BULLSHIT.

You see the color choice up there?? You see how one of them is red?

Don't BULLSHIT me Ernie. I'm not having it. NOWHERE did I impersonate a fucking moderator.

Fuck, he's not here long enough to know moderators post in red. He hasn't even read the goddam site rules.

Last edited:

Phat kids don't need no guns to get the candy!
And you are proof that assholes don't need more than 3 functioning brain cells to post nonsense here.

Forum List

Back