Gulf water cooling

In spite of "Weather Channel" hype it seems that the Gulf of Mexico is cooling to the point that the hurricane is loosing energy.
The near shore water temperature is lower than waters 10-30 miles off shore. And those temperatures are in the low 80s.

Dont think so.
The shallow coastal waters warm far faster than deep water.
I know this for a fact as I've personally checked temps from knee deep to 70 foot deep 100 miles offshore.
Have you ever been to the beach after a hurricane passes?
The water is cold as shit because the storm surge brought up the deepwater.

In spite of "Weather Channel" hype it seems that the Gulf of Mexico is cooling to the point that the hurricane is loosing energy.
The near shore water temperature is lower than waters 10-30 miles off shore. And those temperatures are in the low 80s.

Dont think so.
I know this for a fact as I've personally checked temps from knee deep to 70 foot deep 100 miles offshore.
That and the infusion of freshwater flooding due to inland rains.

Anyway, I saw a chart of the water temperatures on the YouTube channel Direct Weather.

Dont think so.
That and the infusion of freshwater flooding due to inland rains.

Anyway, I saw a chart of the water temperatures on the YouTube channel Direct Weather.

The graphics are geared to scare the hell out of you. Red and black seems to do the job.

Forum List

Back