Guitar Center Filing For Bankruptcy Protection

Hellbilly

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 2016
Aniyuawiya
BOSTON (CBS) — Guitar Center is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, but the chain plans to stay in business. The largest musical instrument retailer in the United States has been struggling for years.
Good riddance hopefully.

BOSTON (CBS) — Guitar Center is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, but the chain plans to stay in business. The largest musical instrument retailer in the United States has been struggling for years.
Good riddance hopefully.
From what I understand it won't be the first time for Guitar Center. I like Sweetwater better anyway, their customer service is really on the ball and besides like the candy they send me. I'd pay a little more for the service Sweetwater provides but I don't pay anything extra maybe a little less. I ordered a simple music stand from Guitar Center a while back and it took forever to get it here from inside my own state while Sweetwater always gets it here within a week from across the country. It always helps if you get off your ass and try to hustle.

I'm not sure what the problem is with Guitar Center. Can you elaborate?
To me it looks like they can't find their asses with both hands and a flashlight and just don't care enough to try. Overall is see MBA finger prints all over it and from what I've seen MBAs with their 90 day vision are the kiss of death for any business.

Good riddance hopefully.
From what I understand it won't be the first time for Guitar Center. I like Sweetwater better anyway, their customer service is really on the ball and besides like the candy they send me. I'd pay a little more for the service Sweetwater provides but I don't pay anything extra maybe a little less. I ordered a simple music stand from Guitar Center a while back and it took forever to get it here from inside my own state while Sweetwater always gets it here within a week from across the country. It always helps if you get off your ass and try to hustle.
Sweetwater - I bought (I think) two things ever, from them...and ever since then I get a voicemail every couple of months from a really nice sounding person asking if I had any projects I wanted to chat about or had any Customer service needs.

I totally understand it is their intent to sell me more; however, I do find them going that extra mile a little refreshing at times.

Guitar Center - nothing wrong with them, I don't think - - - except for the price gauging. You'd think the big box@ store of Music could charge less, but instead they charge more. Sometimes way more...and for the same product.

They also reallllly realllly sssuuuperrrr deee dooooper rip you off on trade-in values.

They have had money issues for years. Guess it caught up to them.
I bought a couple of guitars from them for my son, without any issues. They weren't high pressure or anything.
I have bought $25,000 in gear in the last 8 years. None of it from GC.
Fuck em.
Damn, buddy! What did you get?

I bought a couple of guitars from them for my son, without any issues. They weren't high pressure or anything.
Fuck em.
Genzler bass rig. Mark Bass rig. Several basses. Full sound system. That kind of stuff,

Top heavy management and overexpansion to stimulate sales growth.
I know GC well.
Like I said MBA finger prints. They'll leverage the hell out of any business to make the next quarter look good and rackup their bonuses meanwhile they're bleeding the company white of anything that counts over the long haul like reputation, good will etc.

Fuck em.
Genzler bass rig. Mark Bass rig. Several basses. Full sound system. That kind of stuff,
What's the Operation...are you starting a band?

I'm all set for studio/music type purchases for the hobby side of things...I think the next thing I want to look into is futurizing my home. WE have a lot of parties so I'm hoping there's some sort of way to add ceiling speakers to each room and having some amp where it can play different songs in different zones or play the same stuff in the different zones...also turn off and on all zones independently.

There's got to be a way to customize it to that depth, I'm thinking.

Like I said MBA finger prints. They'll leverage the hell out of any business to make the next quarter look good and rackup their bonuses meanwhile they're bleeding the company white of anything that counts over the long haul like reputation, good will etc.
They flew me from Los Angeles to Manhattan for a weekend, put me up in a $400 a night room, just to show some employees how to put pictures on the internet.

Fuck em.
What's the Operation...are you starting a band?

I'm all set for studio/music type purchases for the hobby side of things...I think the next thing I want to look into is futurizing my home. WE have a lot of parties so I'm hoping there's some sort of way to add ceiling speakers to each room and having some amp where it can play different songs in different zones or play the same stuff in the different zones...also turn off and on all zones independently.

There's got to be a way to customize it to that depth, I'm thinking.
I’ve been a musician for 40 years now. My original band has been together for 20 years. Currently working on our 6th album. I guess the G. A. S. bug bit me hard. Can’t stop buying gear.
GC could probably set up a system for you. They are actually quite good. Expensive but good.

Forum List

Back