Growth Stocks vs Value Stocks

Growth stocks have a very high Beta.... meaning that you have to babysit them or lose everything.

Now a company like ET (Energy Transfer) which is a midstream oil company that is almost a Utility Stock is a nice Value and Income play that usually makes most investors more money in the long run while being "asleep at the helm" the whole time.
Their dividends are legendary for being high and currently serving growing population areas of the country at the moment.

It's one of those stocks that you buy and walk away from but experience 50-100% returns in a year or two. Most growth investors play too much and don't know when to quit and end up losing fantastic gains with "bad luck" trades.

Tesla is done with Bitcoin, you can't worry about being carbon neutral and also invest in digital currency, as it is a mutually defeating relationship. Bitcoin is a major carbon producer.

Hard pass on oil stocks.
Nope...the recent runup in Bitcoin is due to Tesla accepting it once again...they came to some sort of agreement with using some windfarms to produce the power needed to maintain and mine them. It was a purely personally economic decision. (His own Bitcoin became worthless because of his announcements....duh....I was wondering when he would figure out his mouth was going to make him poor in spite of his brain)

anyone else playing in the markets?
"Growth" as such is always a gamble. "Value" is where the money's at, assuming you trust the corporate bookkeepers and accountants.

I bought a share of stock or two in a brokerage account, come to find out, there's no beneficial ownership or voting rights on securities in an individual brokerage account anymore, stock "certificates" as such are not available anymore without a $250–$500 fee per certificate — if the said certificate is "replaceable" if lost or stolen or if it functions as a bearer instrument if issued.

Growth sector of the Market is really taking off these days because of the fears about inflation slowly creeping up on us...that and industrialized production is taking a bath with labor and material shortages everywhere.

I am doing really well out of the US markets. This year it is lagging slightly behind European stocks but the returns are still great. I have found that it is more stable under President Joe and I feel the future is bright.

I've been averaging anywhere between 14 and 20% return rates on my 401K since Biden was elected. To be fair, I was slightly higher under Trump, but haven't lost much, and am not complaining. I am holding some stocks currently valued under $1.00 that I expect exponential growth from in 3-5 years. My blue chips have continued doing well. The future is bright.
There's an obvious growth spurt in the market that happened in November and stopped with the March 5th crash. Biden didn't take office till January.

You can't attribute any of that to him... well the other mini-crashes as people from his administration have spooked the markets from public statements...but from what I've seen none of it was his and belongs to others who have been manipulating the markets with huge sums of money from easy borrowing. It's become the battle of the credit lines.
Some of these characters are still blaming Obama so dont over think this.
i still blame the Brits for bringing slavery to the Americas. You should be ashamed of yourself you buck tooth moron..

Well it looks like a nice bounce up this morning. Growth stocks are outperforming value this morning.

Gonna be yet another good day in the market...getchasum.

Well it looks like a nice bounce up this morning. Growth stocks are outperforming value this morning.

Gonna be yet another good day in the market...getchasum.

There some sort of indices you're using to make this determination?
Yes...they are all over the place...I guess that Morningstar is the most famous ones even if it's not the most widely used.

They have stopped teaching this stuff in a more formalized setting like a college course like they used to. (Which I took).

It would take a year or two to teach formalized classes on all of this to cover things like Ichimoku, abandoned baby, iron butterfly and the basics of charting and economics.

Some of the questions posed on this forum make me realize that economic principles needs to be taught too.

"Growth" as such is always a gamble. "Value" is where the money's at, assuming you trust the corporate bookkeepers and accountants.

I bought a share of stock or two in a brokerage account, come to find out, there's no beneficial ownership or voting rights on securities in an individual brokerage account anymore, stock "certificates" as such are not available anymore without a $250–$500 fee per certificate — if the said certificate is "replaceable" if lost or stolen or if it functions as a bearer instrument if issued.
Growth is substantially better than value, IMO.
Value doesn't go up that much and it drops alot. A lot of people bought value stocks end of 2019 early 2020, and they got smoked in Covid. Growth stocks have soared for years.
Some people have a big misconception that value is somehow safer, I strongly disagree

Growth stocks are a lot easier and better than people think, you just need to get comfortable with the valuations and buy on dips.

I consider myself a Howard Marks style growth investor, buying the best growth stocks at extremely cheap prices.
Small cap growth is stupid cheap right now and primed for big gains.
SAAS is pretty expensive IMO

Last edited:

Forum List

Back