Ground zero mosque may get evicted

Did they really think they could rent something in Manhattan for 2700/month. I would bet a cyber dollar that they signed a lease saying the rent could be increase dramatically, even retroactively.

Con Ed has given the Ground Zero mosque an ultimatum: Pay the $1.7 million you owe in back rent, or we’ll terminate your lease and take back our property.
Con Ed and mosque developer Park51 have an unusual, uneasy alliance, sharing ownership of a site slated to be one of the most controversial projects in city history.

Good, this house of satan must be evicted and burnt to the ground. The sooner the better!

And I’ll ask you both the same as of other conservatives, why the animosity toward a mosque? Its location?

That’s idiocy.

Clearly the ‘location controversy’ is a contrivance to mask anti-Islam sentiments.

As with other conservatives, you need to contemplate your hate and ignorance.

Your right, I hate islam. I think it is a evil cult from hell. It has forced the middle east and the med to remain 1,400 years in the past ever since it took it over. It is evil. Whites used to control all this area, but we were forced northwestward into northern Europe because of these bastards. Burn islam!!!

Evil third world pile of crap islam is.:evil:

Islam should get the fuck out of all civilized nations. NOW!

Last edited:
Con Ed has given the Ground Zero mosque an ultimatum: Pay the $1.7 million you owe in back rent, or we’ll terminate your lease and take back our property.
Con Ed and mosque developer Park51 have an unusual, uneasy alliance, sharing ownership of a site slated to be one of the most controversial projects in city history.

Good, this house of satan must be evicted and burnt to the ground. The sooner the better!

And I’ll ask you both the same as of other conservatives, why the animosity toward a mosque? Its location?

That’s idiocy.

Clearly the ‘location controversy’ is a contrivance to mask anti-Islam sentiments.

Your right, I hate islam. I think it is a evil cult from hell. It has forced the middle east and the med to remain 1,400 years in the past ever since it took it over. It is evil. Whites used to control all this area, but we were forced northwestward into northern Europe because of these bastards. Burn islam!!!

Evil third world pile of crap islam is.:evil:

Islam should get the fuck out of all civilized nations. NOW!

Well, I guess they could all go to Detroit!

That’s idiocy.

Same and more can be said about the satan worshiping muslims.

From the beginning of this dilemma, how many of you said "It's Never Gonna Get Built"? and later said, Who's gonna build it? why would anyone wanna put their life on the line just by being on the sight building it? Go ahead and try to build a mosque surrounded by one million angry new yorkers!!!

Utilities Company Seeks To Evict Ground Zero Mosque Unless Developer Pays Up | Fox News

Nice scam by the Power company:

But the plan hit a major obstacle in August when Con Ed raised the rent from $2,750 a month, a rate set in 1972, to $47,437 a month, retroactive to July 31, 2008, The Post has learned.

Wow!! Balls of steel on that lot!

Oh, yeah, absolutely. How dare they demand a fair rent for their own property?

well at least we all get to laugh at those boneheads on CNN who were pushing for the terrorist mosque. all those assinine reasons to build it. not even considering to build it elsewhere. NO!! WE MUST BUILD IT NEXT TO GROUND ZERO!! ALLAH HAS ORDERED US !!!!

well at least we all get to laugh at those boneheads on CNN who were pushing for the terrorist mosque. all those assinine reasons to build it. not even considering to build it elsewhere. NO!! WE MUST BUILD IT NEXT TO GROUND ZERO!! ALLAH HAS ORDERED US !!!!

I guess allah forgot to tell them that there are people living in Manhattan who pay $2700 a month just to park their car. Shame on allah!

How can you raise rent 'retroactively'???

easy....

Seriously... how is it legal to raise rent now, for the past? I have never heard of that. You'd think the landlord is only entitled to whatever rent they agreed to in the lease.

They are not just raising it now. Park51 agreed to a rent increase when they rented the property in 2008. Park51 has been fighting the new rent based on the property value since 2008.

Ac
cording to court documents, Park51 has exercised an option to purchase the Con Edison portion of the site for $10.7 million. The center says it has been paying $2,750 a month -- minuscule by New York standards -- under its initial lease. The rent was to be recalculated based on the market value of the property after it renewed the lease in 2008, but disputes over the appraisal lasted until this August.

Manhattan Islamic center owes $1.7 million, landlord says - CNN.com

well, when they lose the lease, we may just get to see ALLAH rise from the heavens with those 77 virgins(probably all males who look like richard simmons) and ALLAH will come from the heaven and use his powers to round up all of the Giant Terrorist Ferrets of New York and begin FERRET GIHAD !!!!

That’s idiocy.

if it was a Baptist church you would not be coming to their defense would you ?? everybody who reads this thread can see that most of the libbs are making excuses for the Mosque !! libbs are guardians of evil and enemy sympathizers !!

Last edited:
How can you raise rent 'retroactively'???

I look forward to the idea of anyone supporting this "retroactive" rent increase having the same done to them. I'm sure they will consider it a fair and equitable thing to have done.

Yep.

Are you saying this group should get a sweetheart deal with the municipalities?

Who said anything (besides you) about a sweetheart deal? But I suppose you are okay with being hit with "retroactive" rent yourself. Just so we know.

I look forward to the idea of anyone supporting this "retroactive" rent increase having the same done to them. I'm sure they will consider it a fair and equitable thing to have done.

Yep.

Who said anything (besides you) about a sweetheart deal? But I suppose you are okay with being hit with "retroactive" rent yourself. Just so we know.

I understand your point, However when that camp came out and said it was only 800k the floor fell out from under you. Obviously something is afoot we dont understand.

I understand your point, However when that camp came out and said it was only 800k the floor fell out from under you. Obviously something is afoot we dont understand.

That we can agree on.

Yep.

Who said anything (besides you) about a sweetheart deal?

You didn't answer my question...

Unbelievably low rent in such a place is obviously a sweetheart deal... Do you believe this group should get such a deal or not?

Forum List

Back