Ground zero mosque may get evicted

Let's just end the madness! Have King Obama Stand Before the Birmingham Goat Factory, deliver another unforgettable speech that he reads off a few cue cards..and in the end he will say......MAYOR GOLDMAN!!! TEAR DOWN THIS GOD-DAMN BUILDING !!!! {and just leaving an empty lot for the homeless squirrels,birds and rats.}

I can't stand the thought of this being built at ground zero BUT.....

Those of you be it racist or simply offended people praising this should think twice. Being able to suddenly demand MORE than the agreed to amount for rent and then have the nerve to attempt to make it retroactive is nothing short of extortion.

This is not good for any of us. This could set a terrible standard that could be applied to other Americans. It's a double edged sword. Yea, to them out. Terrified by the method.

well good for you its not being built at ground zero and double great for you that your opinion is noted!

Anyways back in the land of laws and zoning boards, they have every right to build there should they jump through all the local board/land laws....

YAY!!! Meaningless arguments
I'm not arguing for or against the building. Just the possible misuse of power. Get it right.

There is no scam oe misuse of power when Park51 signed their lease in 2008 they agreed to pay and increase in rent they have been fighting what they believe that increase should be based on property values. They contend they should be paying 25 grand a month and ConEd states it is 40 grand a month. Even so they have no even been paying what they state they should pay and are in arrears by nearly a million going by Park51 figures. They have been fighting such since 2008 and ConEd is tired of them fighting it and not paying their rent based on current property figures-- which Park51 agreed to pay. They have been disputing what that figure is 25 grand or 40 grand a month and are still only paying the 1972 figure of 2 grand a month.

According to court documents, Park51 has exercised an option to purchase the Con Edison portion of the site for $10.7 million. The center says it has been paying $2,750 a month -- minuscule by New York standards -- under its initial lease. The rent was to be recalculated based on the market value of the property after it renewed the lease in 2008, but disputes over the appraisal lasted until this August

Manhattan Islamic center owes $1.7 million, landlord says - CNN.com

CaféAuLait;4279571 said:

Seriously... how is it legal to raise rent now, for the past? I have never heard of that. You'd think the landlord is only entitled to whatever rent they agreed to in the lease.

They are not just raising it now. Park51 agreed to a rent increase when they rented the property in 2008. Park51 has been fighting the new rent based on the property value since 2008.

Ac
cording to court documents, Park51 has exercised an option to purchase the Con Edison portion of the site for $10.7 million. The center says it has been paying $2,750 a month -- minuscule by New York standards -- under its initial lease. The rent was to be recalculated based on the market value of the property after it renewed the lease in 2008, but disputes over the appraisal lasted until this August.

So...

Tenant rented the property for X...
Landlord said, 'we will be raising the rent, after we get it appraised...it's in the lease that way'...
Tenant says 'ok'...
Landlord says 'here's the new rent, based on out appraisal'...
Tenant says 'now just a Allah damned minute there, Sparky'...
Tenant fights the appraisal, and pays the lower rent while fighting...
Landlord fights back, sues for back rent, raised amount, retroactive to the first payment they told the tenant would be higher...

that about sums it up?

Tenant is fucked. They should not have agreed to the lease with that stipulation if they did not want to chance paying the higher rent.

CaféAuLait;4279571 said:
Seriously... how is it legal to raise rent now, for the past? I have never heard of that. You'd think the landlord is only entitled to whatever rent they agreed to in the lease.

They are not just raising it now. Park51 agreed to a rent increase when they rented the property in 2008. Park51 has been fighting the new rent based on the property value since 2008.

Ac
cording to court documents, Park51 has exercised an option to purchase the Con Edison portion of the site for $10.7 million. The center says it has been paying $2,750 a month -- minuscule by New York standards -- under its initial lease. The rent was to be recalculated based on the market value of the property after it renewed the lease in 2008, but disputes over the appraisal lasted until this August.

So...

Landlord said, 'we will be raising the rent, after we get it appraised...it's in the lease that way'...
Tenant says 'ok'...
Landlord fights back, sues for back rent, raised amount, retroactive to the first payment they told the tenant would be higher...

that about sums it up?

Tenant is fucked. They should not have agreed to the lease with that stipulation if they did not want to chance paying the higher rent.

That's what happens to people who go to Manhattan on a turnip truck.......er uh camel back......er ah, oh hell you know what I mean. As Forrest Gump said 'stupid is as stupid does.'

Let's just end the madness! Have King Obama Stand Before the Birmingham Goat Factory, deliver another unforgettable speech that he reads off a few cue cards..and in the end he will say......MAYOR GOLDMAN!!! TEAR DOWN THIS GOD-DAMN BUILDING !!!! {and just leaving an empty lot for the homeless squirrels,birds and rats.}

Come on! Obama isn't king. He's Pharaoh!

DSC00622_1.jpg

CaféAuLait;4279571 said:

Ac

So...

Tenant says 'ok'...

that about sums it up?

That's what happens to people who go to Manhattan on a turnip truck.......er uh camel back......er ah, oh hell you know what I mean. As Forrest Gump said 'stupid is as stupid does.'

That's a pretty disgusting comment to make.

So...

Tenant says 'ok'...

that about sums it up?

The truth, and the law, can be harsh. Not here to please you. If you don't like it, lump it.

The truth, and the law, can be harsh. Not here to please you. If you don't like it, lump it.

Perhaps you should read my comments in this thread before jumping to conclusions. Your excuses doesn't make your racist comments any less disgusting.

Gamel, as shady as he might be, didn't "ride in manhattan on a camel". He's an American born citizen, a native NYer, and a somewhat successful real estate developer.

Perhaps you should read my comments in this thread before jumping to conclusions. Your excuses doesn't make your racist comments any less disgusting.

Gamel, as shady as he might be, didn't "ride in manhattan on a camel". He's an American born citizen, a native NYer, and a somewhat successful real estate developer.

My 'excuses doesn't' what, now?

Your poor command of the English langage doesn't make you look literate.

Of course if the guy is as successful as you say and familiar with the real estate world, what he did was even more stupid than even Forrest would have imagined.

I notice you didn't have a problem with the turnip truck remark. Got a little problem with rednecks there, boy?

Your excuses don't mitigate your ignorant, racist comment.

Your poor command of the English langage doesn't make you look literate.
Irony.

Of course if the guy is as successful as you say and familiar with the real estate world, what he did was even more stupid than even Forrest would have imagined.
Actually, I said he was somewhat successful - not exactly a ringing endorsement. He's shady, but he's American shady.

I notice you didn't have a problem with the turnip truck remark. Got a little problem with rednecks there, boy?
Huh? The "turnip truck" remark didn't even make any sense.

As I said in my first post in this thread, any financial problems they are having now are their own fault. On that we agree.

That doesn't excuse you from being racist, though.

Con Ed has given the Ground Zero mosque an ultimatum: Pay the $1.7 million you owe in back rent, or we’ll terminate your lease and take back our property.
Con Ed and mosque developer Park51 have an unusual, uneasy alliance, sharing ownership of a site slated to be one of the most controversial projects in city history.
Utilities Company Seeks To Evict Ground Zero Mosque Unless Developer Pays Up | Fox News

If the Ground Zero Mosque has to move, it ought to make a lot of bigots happy.

Your excuses don't mitigate your ignorant, racist comment.

Irony.

Actually, I said he was somewhat successful - not exactly a ringing endorsement. He's shady, but he's American shady.

Huh? The "turnip truck" remark didn't even make any sense.
As I said in my first post in this thread, any financial problems they are having now are their own fault. On that we agree.

That doesn't excuse you from being racist, though.

Haven't been out of your back yard now have you. :lol: Then again, you DO claim to live in a fog bank!

After watching the left on here rejoice all day about Ghadafy and the MSM practically wetting themselves I'm wondering when we will or if we will address our big enemies. We have targeted a bunch of cave dwelling enemies and then acted like ceasar rejoicing afterwards. Granted we killed some bad guys and I have no problem with that I just can't forget that we have real enemies with access to real weapons that we completely ignore.

It's time we quit pretending they won't bother us if we ignore them.

Ps. It infuriates me that we allow the nutcase from Iran into our country to talk about killing Israel and ignoring the holocaust. It's disgusting. Reject his fucking visa and display a god damn backbone.

Killing a bunch of idiots in caves and mud huts does not strike fear into our powerful enemies. The assassination plot on our soil is evidence enough.

Bush failed, will Obama follow suit?

EDIT. Sorry, this was supposed to be its own thread. Dunno how I messed it up.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back